Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2006   #1
Spoda
Veteran

Default ok all you TT slay fans

it may be time to give up...he ran a 4.9.....yikes....when asked if he could bulk up and play LB an NFL scout responded...he's even slower than the linebackers...not just the safeties....i went to tech so i was pulling for the kid...but that was just plain horrible..get your guns up?
Old 03-01-2006   #2
Frills
Veteran

What did Roy Williams run?

I know it was under 4.9 but don't they have similar styles?
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #3
Spoda
Veteran

4.9 is slow....i mean real slow...lineman slow....i don't think you can overcome that..can you?
Old 03-01-2006   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

He may not be drafted....he may have to try to catch on as a FA. Same thing happened to Ernest Shazor last year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
What did Roy Williams run?

I know it was under 4.9 but don't they have similar styles?
Roy ran a 4.53. But scouts were impressed with the second half split, meaning his acceleration wasn't great, but his top end speed was.

Slay will probably be lucky to get drafted... it's a shame, I liked his game.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

hes as fast as eric winston- an ot coming off major surgery lol
(i know he was still the fastest lineman but i said id put it in for dramatic effect)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #7
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoda
it may be time to give up...he ran a 4.9.....yikes....when asked if he could bulk up and play LB an NFL scout responded...he's even slower than the linebackers...not just the safeties....i went to tech so i was pulling for the kid...but that was just plain horrible..get your guns up?
wow!!! thats freakin' slow:brickwall
Hello undrafted free-agent!!
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2006   #8
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30856 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet the QB for Kansas St fells even worse now...if that's at all possible.

Speaking of undrafted free agents, do you think that now we have Kubes as our HC will be more like Denver, ie signing alot of undraft guys and hoping otfind some diamonds in teh rough?

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 03-01-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #9
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy
I bet the QB fir Kansas St fells even worse now...if that's at all possible.

Speaking of undrafted free agents, do you think that now we have Kubes as our HC will be more like Denver, ie signing alot of undraft guys and hoping otfind some diamonds in teh rough?
That K-State QB still ain't feeling nothing. He's waiting to get sensation back in his toes.
Old 03-01-2006   #10
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I watched every game that guy played at Tech and I never would have imagined he was that slow. Are you sure this isnt another "VY scores a 6 on the wonderlic" type deal?

I knew he was kinda slow and I stated in a thread earlier in the year that he was poor in coverage skills and that our strong secondary last year let him play up in the box alot.....but c,mon a 4.9????? If thats his time he just destroyed any chance of getting drafted. Maybe he should have just not shown up to the combine.

Can we get a link to this?
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #11
Dr. Toro
All Pro

They have him at 4.85.

http://draftdaddy.com/blog/blog.cfm
Old 03-01-2006   #12
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

maybe he'll run faster at his pro day. you never know.
Old 03-01-2006   #13
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I don't care how many times he runs the 40 in the next month, he's not cracking 4.7, much less 4.6. What the hell was he doing at safety to begin with? I guess Tech must at least have some good depth at LB...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro
He would probably lose in a footrace to Maurice Clarett!!:brickwall
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ugh, I wanted him too
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #16
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

I'd take him in the 6 or 7th & put his headhunting @$$ on Special Teams.
Old 03-01-2006   #17
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

just wait...he'll run better on his pro day...this was a big wake up call to him and a lot of tech players are natorious for not running good at the combine but normally do a lot better at the pro day in lubbock
Old 03-01-2006   #18
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

He's this years Earnest Shazor.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read