Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-01-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default TOp 10 RBs 2003, 2004, & 2005

Help me out guys. I was curious about the draft positions of the "premier" RBs in the league today.... So I put together this list of the top 10(top 11 for 2004) rushers for the last 3 years. After putting the list together, I got to thinking...... none of them have SuperBowl rings, and most of them were drafted in the last 5 years....

I think Ahman Green has a SB ring, do you see any others??

Quote:
NFL rushing leaders

Player 2005 Draft yr/no.
Shaun Alexander 1880yrds 2000/19
Tiki Barber 1860 1997/36
Larry Johnson 1750 2003/27
Clinton Portis 1516 2002/51
Edgerin James 1506 1999/4
LaDainian Tomlinson 1462 2001/5
Rudi Johnson 1458 2001/100
Warrick Dunn 1416 1997/12
Thomas Jones 1335 2000/7
Willis McGahee 1247 2003/23

Player 2004 Draft yr/no
Curtis Martin 1697 1995/74
Shaun Alexander 1696 2000/19
Corey Dillon 1635 1997/43
Edgerin James 1548 1999/4
Tiki Barber 1518 1997/36
Rudi Johnson 1454 2001/100
LaDainian Tomlinson 1335 2001/5
Clinton Portis 1315 2002/51
Reuben Droughns 1240 2000/81
Fred Taylor 1224 1998/9
Domanick Davis 1188 2003/101

Player 2003 Draft yr/no
Jamal Lewis 2066 2000/5
Ahman Green 1883 1998/76
Ladainian Tomlinson 1645 2001/5
Deuce McAllister 1641 2001/23
Clinton Portis 1591 2002/51
Fred Taylor 1572 1998/9
Stephen Davis 1444 1996/102
Shaun Alexander 1435 2000/19
Priest Holmes 1420 UDFA
Ricky Williams 1372 1999/5
Old 03-01-2006   #2
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Corey Dillon got one with the Pats, unless I have my years screwed up again.

You also have to take in account that only two teams won teh SB in those 3 years and both tend to utilize 2 good/if not great RBs. So your numbers are a bit misleading.

A better question would be how many of those RBs were in the playoffs?

The answer is alot of them. 7 for 2005, 6 for 2004, and my memory is failing big time on 2003.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not misleading anything, as I'm not trying to lead anyone anywhere.... I'm asking you guys to joggle my memory, nothing more... regardless what my signature says.

And it doesn't have to be in the last 3 years, go all the way back to 1993 if you want. Any of those guys play for SuperBowl teams??

I think you're right..... Corey Dillion does have a ring.
Old 03-01-2006   #4
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Jamal Lewis has a ring with the Ravens in 2001 but I don't think Ahman Green has one. Last time Green Bay won a Super Bowl was in 1997 and he didn't come to the team until 2000. Those are the only ones I saw.
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peldon
Jamal Lewis has a ring with the Ravens in 2001 but I don't think Ahman Green has one. Last time Green Bay won a Super Bowl was in 1997 and he didn't come to the team until 2000. Those are the only ones I saw.

Thanks Peldon...... Jamal Lewis(how could I forget) has a ring..... Ahman doesn't
Old 03-01-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Go back a year or two and you have Marshall Faulk
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Emmitt Smith played a slight role in 3 championships.
Old 03-02-2006   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Where was Emmitt Smith & Marshall Faulk Drafted??
Old 03-02-2006   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Where was Emmitt Smith & Marshall Faulk Drafted??
Faulk was the 2nd pick of the draft. Concerns over Emmitt's size and speed had him slide to the 17th pick of the draft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read