Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-01-2006   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 54346 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Do We Need A Clutch Receiver?

Tme to pimp one of my Irish Players...

Take a look at his statictics last year when he finally received some NFL quality coaching in an NFL offense

Maurice Stovall

Stat Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles
YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2003 22 421 19.1 85 3 0 0 0. 0 0 0 0 0
2004 21 313 14.9 49 1 0 0 0. 0 0 0 0 0
2005 69 1149 16.7 50 11 2 1 0.5 1 0 0 0

I think he is rated around the #7 reciever in this draft so maybe he will drop to us somehow.

why wont the columns line up?
Old 03-01-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Don't we already have Andre Johnson?
Old 03-01-2006   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
Tme to pimp one of my Irish Players...

Take a look at his statictics last year when he finally received some NFL quality coaching in an NFL offense

Stat Overview Receiving Rushing Fumbles
YEAR REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
2003 22 421 19.1 85 3 0 0 0. 0 0 0 0 0
2004 21 313 14.9 49 1 0 0 0. 0 0 0 0 0
2005 69 1149 16.7 50 11 2 1 0.5 1 0 0 0

I think he is rated around the #7 reciever in this draft so maybe he will drop to us somehow.

They never do. The site doesn't have the coding for it. It's really annoying and there's a lot of things I don't/can't read.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
I use dashes instead of spaces.
Old 03-01-2006   #5
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Gaffney is clutch when it comes to first downs. Bradford is clutch as well.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #6
Peldon
All Pro

Rep Power: 34 Peldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respectedPeldon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Bradford is clutch as well.
As in he clutches the air as the ball goes between his hands?
Peldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Stovall but I think the Texans have more pressing needs early in the draft ....Unless they can trade out of the first spot and pick up a couple more first day selections I doubt they draft a WR on the first day. Then again with both Gaffeny and Bradford UFA's anything is possible. I think they will look to re-sign Gaffeny but not Bradford .

Another WR I like a lot is Hank Baskett from New Mexico . He's a big target with very good hands but doesnt have elite speed .... 6'4" 220 w/ 4.55 speed .
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...nkbaskett.html

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2006   #8
Frills
Veteran

I'd prefer getting a mid range WR in FA over drafting another, get someone similar to Jurivicous when he signed with SEA.

I think we're fine now, if Mathis can develop and use Gaffney as an underneath WR we'd be fine, but its dependant on wether or not Mathis can be an NFL WR.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #9
Frills
Veteran

Looking at the likely to be cut page off espn

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2341755

The few WR that would be fairly inexpensive but might pay future dividends are

Rashaun Woods

Marcus Robinson

Just to name a few
Old 03-01-2006   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Bradford is a clutch? yea right...and Armstrong is the man with the hands but no speed
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #11
Spoda
Veteran

please..please for the love of God and all that is right in the world get a TE...an NFL caliber TE...i think that will help more than demoting gafney
Old 03-01-2006   #12
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Bradford came through for us last year, he told the other 30 teams that were gonna sign him that his heart was only for the Texans. He told the other teams to back off and go sign scrubs like Jureviscious or koren robinson. We had a good young WR (Thomas) but he's from UT so he couldn't play for us. Bradford resisted the temptation of money/babes/fame and came to be a starter for us, putting up solid numbers deserving of another year.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #13
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Bradford came through for us last year, he told the other 30 teams that were gonna sign him that his heart was only for the Texans. He told the other teams to back off and go sign scrubs like Jureviscious or koren robinson. We had a good young WR (Thomas) but he's from UT so he couldn't play for us. Bradford resisted the temptation of money/babes/fame and came to be a starter for us, putting up solid numbers deserving of another year.

Love the
Old 03-01-2006   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think AJ's are clutch. Stovall does look like a good reciever though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #15
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Lightbulb

Nevermind....

Last edited by LikeABoss; 03-01-2006 at 07:06 PM.
LikeABoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #16
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Gaffney is clutch when it comes to first downs. Bradford is clutch as well.
yea gaffney is really clutch..... especially when he dropped the ball in the end zone on a reverse last year
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #17
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

It should also be noted that Stovall is 6-5 and fights for every ball thrown near him. He's a very aggressive receiver.
Old 03-01-2006   #18
bATXle red
Rookie

derick armstrong seems to be the definition of clutch as far as catching the balls he's been thrown on gameday, usually for a first down. However I must be missing some info b/c he's rarely on the field. whats the deal?
Old 03-01-2006   #19
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i think we need a good receiver to go along with AJ may be someone like koren robinson or eric moulds i think it would help our QB alot to have two solid targets.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006   #20
bATXle red
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlered
bATXle red
^^^^LOL did you try to take BATTLERED as ur member name.
you beat me by a month... early bird gets the worm i guess.
ha ha but the early worm gets eaten...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read