Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-27-2006   #1
Skrobes66
Rookie

Default Trade D. Davis for Abraham???

Any chance on this happening? Jets need a replacement for C. Martin.
Skrobes66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

If abraham could stay healthy.. he would have much more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball than what DD has on our offensive side (or has) ...with Morency/Wells (basically have been getting same kind of production minus the catches)..

Jets would more than likely turn that one down IMO...
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #3
JetDude
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobes66
Uh no...that won't happen.

Right now the two teams we are talking with are the Redskins and the Broncos...

My gut feeling is that the Jets will trade him to the Skins, but I would prefer trading him to the broncos for one of their first rounders...

If we traded with the Skins it would probably involve Ramsey, second round this year and a third rounder in 2007...
JetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

My problems with Abraham:

1. Injury issues
2. Hes only 258 pounds

Trading DD would be a bad move. We need him even if we draft Bush.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #5
Skrobes66
Rookie

We do have Morency and I believe he is a good back who just needs a chance.
Skrobes66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetDude
Uh no...that won't happen.

Right now the two teams we are talking with are the Redskins and the Broncos...

My gut feeling is that the Jets will trade him to the Skins, but I would prefer trading him to the broncos for one of their first rounders...

If we traded with the Skins it would probably involve Ramsey, second round this year and a third rounder in 2007...

just wondering here .. last I heard Arrington was in the doghouse in washington.. has any talk of arrington-abraham???

I don't follow the 'skins so not sure if Arrington is still in the dog house.. I would think both players are in need of a change of scenery ..
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #7
JetDude
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
just wondering here .. last I heard Arrington was in the doghouse in washington.. has any talk of arrington-abraham???

I don't follow the 'skins so not sure if Arrington is still in the dog house.. I would think both players are in need of a change of scenery ..
Arrington is more than likely still in the dog house...
JetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2006   #8
TreWardTxn
Veteran

I don't see why the Jets would want Ramsey (hasn't been able to beat out an old, hobbled Brunell for the starting job) but if they do and the Texans have to give up DD to upgrade a position then so be it. Davis is the closest reflection we have to Bush's talents and don't need them competing for touches; Wells can do the short yardage work, and Morency can handle normal spelling.
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #9
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

We aren't getting rid of Davis. Kubiak already said that he would be a more effective running back if the Texans added another quality running back to help him (I wonder who that is?).

Hollings and Wells are going to be cut and Morency will be the third string back like this year.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #10
LoneStarState
Veteran

I like Dominic Davis. But with his injuries over the past, I find it hard to believe people are saying that he's a premier back (or that he would be better to have than Reggie Bush... sorry, but when you say we don't need RB because we have DD - that's what you're saying). He's a quality back, but his lack of durability will keep him from being a premier back.
Old 02-28-2006   #11
TexanSoldier
Rookie

John Abraham is pretty good, but that's alot of money to pay to an aging player. Isn't the reason he's getting out of the Jets organization because they won't sign him to a long term deal? I wonder why? DD is too young to waste in a trade like this, won't happen.
TexanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Right.........
He can Motor and is strong for his pounds.
Well then how do you know that Peek and Babin cant? :P.. the point is that we already have enough undersized DEs..we need some meat. I wouldnt be against getting Abraham cause he puts up good numbers, but not for DD.
Old 02-28-2006   #13
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

aging? he's only like 26, right?
Old 02-28-2006   #14
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
I like Dominic Davis. But with his injuries over the past, I find it hard to believe people are saying that he's a premier back (or that he would be better to have than Reggie Bush... sorry, but when you say we don't need RB because we have DD - that's what you're saying). He's a quality back, but his lack of durability will keep him from being a premier back.
The DD backers (of which i am 1) have made the argument over and over on this. He keeps getting hobbled, n' nicked up because the former coaching staff didnt change him out of the game enough for a guy like Wells or Morency to speel him a lil' more. Even Blind Freddy can see that logic. Its not that we think it's better to have him than have Reggie Bush, it's that we know that unless DD gets reps out of the game here and there he'll be no good in 2 years time whether we have Reggie Bush or not...
Old 02-28-2006   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
We aren't getting rid of Davis. Kubiak already said that he would be a more effective running back if the Texans added another quality running back to help him (I wonder who that is?).

Hollings and Wells are going to be cut and Morency will be the third string back like this year.

Wells is a FA .... I REALLY hope he returns to the Texans next year . He's a solid back-up and a stand-out special teams player . The Texans need MORE players like Wells not less ....He likely wont cost an arm and a leg to keep .

As for Hollings he should have been cut last season.

Would I trade DD for Abe ? If Bush is the #1 pick ... yes I would . Otherwise No.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #16
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
My problems with Abraham:

1. Injury issues
2. Hes only 258 pounds

Trading DD would be a bad move. We need him even if we draft Bush.
Dwight Freeney is 268 on the roster listed by Yahoo. Is he too small?
Old 02-28-2006   #17
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobes66
Doubt it, they have the 4th pick in the draft so they'll be able to pick a decent back.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Dwight Freeney is a great pass rusher. Small guys are good for pass rushing. The Defensive line is not all about pass rushing.
Old 02-28-2006   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Grid, you're kidding, right? If you expect any 'tweener' to be able to perform in a 4-3 like Dwight Freeney . . ???

Where are you going with that one?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'm going to have to agree with Corrosion here. I think Wells is worth more than we give him credit for. We don't need Bush, but he'd be my choice (now that Carr is signed) if we're not going to trade down, which is what I've wanted all along.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read