Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will the Texans Trade the #1 Pick in this Year's Draft?
No, they will pick 1st 47 42.34%
Yes, a trade to New Orleans 0 0%
Yes, a trade to Tennessee 6 5.41%
Yes, a trade to New York Jets 45 40.54%
Yes, but further down... 13 11.71%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2006   #1
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler
Default Will The Texans Trade the #1 Pick?

I personally think they will.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by HomeBred_Texan; 02-27-2006 at 07:08 PM.
HomeBred_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Where's the poll?

No I don't think they will. The team is committed to Reggie Bush, this is just talk to show the doubters that they considered all options and didn't just blindly choose Reggie.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted so I jinxed them

I did vote that we probably will, but in all honestly. Two things are what we are going to hear

if we trade down..

"We were targeting "yada yada" and felt we could trade down, gain a pick or two and still get our man"

if we stayed at #1

"We were going to get our man unless someone made a great deal for us, well they didn't and we are pleased with "yada yada"
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 63828 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they trade down. The Jets might not have the cap room for it, but they would be my first choice.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #5
RedTex
Rookie

I would like them to keep the first pick, but I think they will make a deal with the Raiders.
RedTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think they will. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen, but I don't think they'll be able to pass up Reggie Bush. I would not mind seeing D'Brick, Mario Williams or AJ Hawk in a Texans jersey though.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #7
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTex
I would like them to keep the first pick, but I think they will make a deal with the Raiders.
Well, I think if a deal is done with the Raiders, then the Texans will draft D in stead of O again. The players we want will not be there when the Raiders pick is ready.
Old 02-27-2006   #8
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181073 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Well, I think if a deal is done with the Raiders, then the Texans will draft D in stead of O again. The players we want will not be there when the Raiders pick is ready.

I think you are wrong here ..... Vernon Davis should be there at 7 and would be my first choice if Bush , Williams , Furgeson , Hawk , Leinart and Young were off the board .

He would fill the huge hole the Texans have at TE and would cause some serious mismatch problems for defenses .... 4.38 speed 6'3" 253 at the TE position would be a nightmare. I think he could be as versatile as Bush in the right system ......TE ,WR , H-Back and even fullback.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #9
stone temple
Rookie

Default i think not

casserly is just being coy...there are two players available at the top of the board that can take over a game. they are both no-brainers. there are so few sure-things in the draft...to trade down would be gutless.
stone temple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
I think you are wrong here ..... Vernon Davis should be there at 7 and would be my first choice if Bush , Williams , Furgeson , Hawk , Leinart and Young were off the board .

He would fill the huge hole the Texans have at TE and would cause some serious mismatch problems for defenses .... 4.38 speed 6'3" 253 at the TE position would be a nightmare. I think he could be as versatile as Bush in the right system ......TE ,WR , H-Back and even fullback.
I agree with that.. gain this guy and a few extra picks..for maybe this season and next..would be interresting..

our #2 pick..OL .. but I just wonder what Kubiak has seen in our guys (OL) as far as do they have the athletic abilty to fit into this blocking scheme or what .. I wish I were a fly on the wall to hear Kubiak,Sherman, and Benton
Old 02-27-2006   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone temple
casserly is just being coy...there are two players available at the top of the board that can take over a game. they are both no-brainers. there are so few sure-things in the draft...to trade down would be gutless.

You might be right.. I am assumming you are talking about VY and Bush..

I doubt Young would start and 2) Bush can take over a game yet,when it is short and goal would we pull a PC and set him on the bench?
Old 02-27-2006   #12
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Tennessee will blink & make the move up to take Leinart.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
would we pull a PC and set him on the bench?

No, that is why Kubiak has an NFL job and Carroll got fired from the Pats a few years ago. He made bonehead moves in NE and he made bonehead moves at USC.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie
I think Tennessee will blink & make the move up to take Leinart.
DITTO!!! Norm Chow is willing to put his left "testi" on ebay in order to get his hands on leinart!!
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #15
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think we could get good value to move down to #4 and still get a fantastic player. It helps that the Jets, Saints, and possibly the Titans, are looking for QB's.
Old 02-28-2006   #16
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
I personally think they will.

What are your thoughts?
casserly has hinted too much on it by tv and radio. something tells me he wants john abraham, and then a trade for the jets' 4th pick may land us dabrickwall ferguson or possibly the best cover corner in the draft. i really want to see carr out and vince young in as our QB. the results from the wonderlic test were bull**** and i believe that anyone that has to throw that out there is just plain stupid. i dont care what he made. apparently he was smart enough to beat a team who hadnt lost a game in well over a year on the biggest stage of all of college football.
Old 02-28-2006   #17
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

They wont do it unless they get a offer they cannot resist!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
They wont do it unless they get a offer they cannot resist!
John Clayton this morning said he highly doubts it. He said most think that the Texans need a guy like Bush or Young. He said they will listen to offers but unless something knocks their socks off it will be Bush. He also said the whole Jets with Abraham thing is a complete farce in trading up because they would do the deal in April and they are looking to move him sooner.

I'd love to move down and take Mario Williams.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read