Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Two other QB prospects

AlbinoRat

Waterboy
Say we don't get a QB in the first, and there's no one really left thats worth a second round pick.

Living in Chattanooga, I get to see a lot of Division I-AA ball. Two guys that really impressed me were Ingle Martin from Furman, who used to play I-A and Richie Williams from Appy State.

Williams is a scrambler who makes good reads and can throw on the move. If we haven't got somebody and he's available in the Fourth or Fifth, take a chance on him. He's got tremendous potential and I'll bet he made higher than a 6 on the Wonderlic.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
The thing that gets me about Vince, is his ability to take over a game, his ability to make plays, and win....

Then when he does it, his team mates/coaches pile accolade upone accolade about how Vince brings out the best in them.

Some people wonder why many of us want Vince so bad, but aren't really interested in Matt, and that's a fair question. Undoubtably, Matt is an exceptional talent, and the best rated QB in the draft. But as far as I can tell, he's just another David Carr, with a weaker arm. I don't mean that as an insult, but I'd just as well stay with Carr, than gamble with Matt....

Next to Matt, what other QB is projected to go in the top 10?? And that's about where David was....... I wanted Joey...

If I lived in Cali, maybe I'd have heard more folklore about Lienart, I don't know.... I got a lot of news about Reggie all year long, so go figure... Matt simply doesn't excite me.

These prospects of yours..... if they have the ability to be a starting QB, then yeah let's go for them.......... if the powers that be interview these guys, and feel they can be our Tom Brady, then yeah.... but if they are just athletic....... I'll pass.

If you want to go to the SuperBowl, with Matt Hasselback, or Jake Plummer, that's fine, we're on opposite sides of the fence. I want a field general.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
thunderkyss said:
The thing that gets me about Vince, is his ability to take over a game, his ability to make plays, and win....

Then when he does it, his team mates/coaches pile accolade upone accolade about how Vince brings out the best in them.

Some people wonder why many of us want Vince so bad, but aren't really interested in Matt, and that's a fair question. Undoubtably, Matt is an exceptional talent, and the best rated QB in the draft. But as far as I can tell, he's just another David Carr, with a weaker arm. I don't mean that as an insult, but I'd just as well stay with Carr, than gamble with Matt....

Next to Matt, what other QB is projected to go in the top 10?? And that's about where David was....... I wanted Joey...

If I lived in Cali, maybe I'd have heard more folklore about Lienart, I don't know.... I got a lot of news about Reggie all year long, so go figure... Matt simply doesn't excite me.

These prospects of yours..... if they have the ability to be a starting QB, then yeah let's go for them.......... if the powers that be interview these guys, and feel they can be our Tom Brady, then yeah.... but if they are just athletic....... I'll pass.

If you want to go to the SuperBowl, with Matt Hasselback, or Jake Plummer, that's fine, we're on opposite sides of the fence. I want a field general.
what about Cutler?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
swtbound07 said:
I want bruce eugene from grambling...he can play o-line until we need him at qb...lol
At first I didn't see the O-line part you had there...I was about to say.that guy is huge.

Tha_Tinman

Waterboy
HoustonFrog said:
At first I didn't see the O-line part you had there...I was about to say.that guy is huge.

Did y'all get that guys senior year numbers? Pretty damn good. I mean I don't wanna draft him ...but I'd like to see him play somewhere ya know ...just ta see what he can do.

Wharton

Rookie
Tha_Tinman said:
Did y'all get that guys senior year numbers? Pretty damn good. I mean I don't wanna draft him ...but I'd like to see him play somewhere ya know ...just ta see what he can do.
Since I have never seen Bruce Eugene play, I can only go by his stats.

Holy Cow! 56 TD to 6 INTs. ESPN put his quarterback rating at 175! The only problem I had was his completion percentage. But, when I looked at Grambling's overall numbers and rushing numbers, it becomes clear that they had no other offense (or maybe they didn't need any). So a lower completion rate becomes much more acceptable. Also, it looks like he can run too. Does anyone know about his 2004 season? How did he get injured?

I wouldn't mind taking him. Give him a shot at QB & TE. Should be interesting.

As far as McNeil is concerned, its time for him to give up the QB ghost and move to wide receiver.

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
bATXle red said:
if we're looking at division I-AA... Barrick Nealy of Texas State is a poor man's Vince Young. Nealy is 6'5" 230 pounds threw for 2875 yards 21 TDs and rushed for 1057 yards and 15 TDs. He helped take Texas State to the I-AA semis. He should be around later in the draft and could an excellent value pick.

ESPN Profile: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=120407
He is a good player, I like him on the 2nd day.

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
Wharton said:
Since I have never seen Bruce Eugene play, I can only go by his stats.

Holy Cow! 56 TD to 6 INTs. ESPN put his quarterback rating at 175! The only problem I had was his completion percentage. But, when I looked at Grambling's overall numbers and rushing numbers, it becomes clear that they had no other offense (or maybe they didn't need any). So a lower completion rate becomes much more acceptable. Also, it looks like he can run too. Does anyone know about his 2004 season? How did he get injured?

I wouldn't mind taking him. Give him a shot at QB & TE. Should be interesting.

As far as McNeil is concerned, its time for him to give up the QB ghost and move to wide receiver.
I've been to the bayou classic a couple of times (southern vs. grambling) and that man is fast....like deceptively fast. And huge. Grambling had lousy recievers, and they were dropping balls that hit them in the chest...eugene is.....a beast.

keyfro

Veteran
here's something interesting from footballsfuture.com

under prodays they have a more detailed log about what teams are looking at what prospects and for those of you wanting omar jacobs here you go

Omar Jacobs worked out in front of NFL personnel representing 12 teams during Bowling Green's pro day. The Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Seahawks, Texans, Buccaneers, Bengals, Jaguars, Browns and Colts were among the teams with representatives watching the work out. Jacobs said a few coaches told him he was good at the combine but "even better" here. Jacobs preferred the workout at Bowling Green with his former teammates over the combine. "I'm just more comfortable with those guys because you know what kind of hands they have and what speed they have coming out of their routes," Jacobs said. "I'm also more comfortable in my own place."

If the texans wanna make a smart pick trade up and get some extra picks, which will make room for a possibility of us taking Omar Jacobs, and then if Carr gets hurt and Jacobs gets a chance and becomes the starter we could trade Carr and get better ppl.

I think

Houston+Omar Jacobs= playoffs in 2 years. :redtowel: