Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-27-2006   #1
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

Default We WILL have John Abraham next year...

It says on ESPN.com that Abraham wants out of NY. We will trade our 1st to NYJ for the #4, John Abraham, and their second rd. pick next year. Hello, Mr. Abraham, and Mr. D'Brick.....I like what is developing..
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we get a link for this? I looked on espn.com and found that Houston is shopping around, but nothing serious yet and also that Abraham is wanting out of New York, but the teams mentioned as possibilities for him are Denver and Washington. I can't seem to find what you're talking about.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #3
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

Default ..

the Texans and Jets have NOT done this deal and they might not. I just think that the Texans think this would be by FAR the best possible scenario. I wouldn't mind Dbrick or AJHawk at #4... Think if we add AJ Hawk and John Abraham to the defense next year...
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just wish it would happen, so I can stop worrying about it. Abraham or D'Brick is fine with me, but I'd probably go with youth on that one.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
I just wish it would happen, so I can stop worrying about it. Abraham or D'Brick is fine with me, but I'd probably go with youth on that one.
IF ( and it's a big if IMO) that we trade with the Jets and Abe is included in the deal for them to move up, we actually would/could wind up with both. Not a bad thing IMO, particularly if we snag their 3 & 4th in the trade.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think that the Jets are going to trade with the Saints and the Saints are going to take whatever QB is left at 4 while saving some money and picking up extra picks since they don't have a 3rd round pick this year
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #7
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanadoUHCoog
It says on ESPN.com that Abraham wants out of NY. We will trade our 1st to NYJ for the #4, John Abraham, and their second rd. pick next year. Hello, Mr. Abraham, and Mr. D'Brick.....I like what is developing..
Can you post the article or link or something.
Old 02-27-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

only thing I have found is rumor jets are looking to move up but no abraham is listed

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9269821
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #9
CITY CAT
Veteran

He never said he would trade it, he may still want to keep it though. The problem I have is that I don't want to trust CC with extra picks. Also if John Abraham doesn't want to play in NY then why would he want to come here?
CITY CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #10
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

He'll come here for a long-term deal with a big signing bonus. No state income tax will also be attractive to him. He's mad at the Jets because they keep franchising him.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read