Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Which player would you choose?
Reggie Bush 34 33.33%
Vince Young 17 16.67%
D'Brickashaw Ferguson 31 30.39%
Mario Williams 17 16.67%
A.J. Hawk 2 1.96%
Matt Leinart 0 0%
Jay Cutler 1 0.98%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you were the GM, who would you choose?

If you were the GM who would use choose? Forget about our draft pick. If you just had to choose a player based on talent, need, whatever, which one would you choose?

Last edited by TexanSam; 02-26-2006 at 09:12 PM.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #2
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Based on our team needs I would go.

Williams
D'brick
Bush

Bush is in there because RB's help in alot of ways and he would help in various positions in which we might be weak.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im drafting Vince Young....im a gambler, and i like the high potential payoff.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #4
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Based on our team needs I would go.

Williams
D'brick
Bush

Bush is in there because RB's help in alot of ways and he would help in various positions in which we might be weak.
Old 02-26-2006   #5
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

sorry bout the double post.
Old 02-26-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted Reggie Bush. He, along with Domanic Davis, would give us a two-headed monster in the backfield. I don't think Bush will be an everydown back his first year. He'll probably touch the ball about 10-15 times a game, but I do think he'll turn into an everydown back by his 2nd or 3rd year. Tiki Barber, Warrick Dunn, Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders, they were/are all small backs, but they can get the job done. Bush and Davis will, IMO, rush for a combined total of close to 2000 yards every year. No other player will give us the potential to improve the offense that much, not even Vince Young. But this is just my opinion. What's yours?
Old 02-26-2006   #7
Dunta_23
All Pro

Need:
Williams
Ferguson
Hawk
Bush

Want:
Bush/Williams/Ferguson
Hawk
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Need
Williams/Ferguson

Could Use
Bush/Young

Want
Young
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Man, I've been thinking back and forth since I made this post. Let's say we trade with the Jets and get John Abraham, their 2nd and 4th round draft picks. So the Texans decide to fix the offensive line through free agency and not draft D'Brick. They decide to draft Mario Williams instead. Mario Williams and John Abraham as DE's. Travis Johnson and Robaire Smith as DT's. That, in my mind, would be a heck of a defensive line. I don't know if Smith would be willing to switch, but he wasn't much of a pass rusher it seemed. I do think he'd be better suited as a DT. So I'll assume this happens (if we choose Williams) and we'd have a pretty good combination of young and old. Smith and Abraham would help bring the younger guys along. If Travis Johnson can make a big impact as a 2nd year player and Williams really is the 2nd coming of Julius Peppers, then we shouldn't have any problem stopping the run. It's mighty enticing.

And if we do get 2nd and 4th round draft picks, we might be able to get a quality TE (Dominique Byrd) and a very good O-lineman (don't know who's projected in the 2nd round). If I could vote over again, I might vote Williams. Of course, there's no guarantee than Travis Johnson will be a big time player and even less on Williams who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. But the potential would be there.
Old 02-27-2006   #10
thefuture17
Rookie

i picked cutler because i think hes the best QB in the draft but that wouldnt be a good pick for the texans but this is just for a team without a QB
my second choice would be bush
Old 02-27-2006   #11
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

Williams, Ferguson then Hawk. Mainly because I feel tehy are positions of need. If we didnt need players in those areas, I'd be all for Bush straight up but seein as we have enough RB's it seems as is, we could draft a late round RB as depth if need be...
Old 02-27-2006   #12
sax_49
Rookie

If we keep the top pick I would take Bush and I voted for Bush. You can never have enough RB's IMO. If we trade down depending on how far I would go with D'Brick or Williams, depending who they trade down with and what compensation received in return. IMO they don't trade out of the top spot unless it is a killer deal someone offers.
sax_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Man, I've been thinking back and forth since I made this post. Let's say we trade with the Jets and get John Abraham, their 2nd and 4th round draft picks. So the Texans decide to fix the offensive line through free agency and not draft D'Brick. They decide to draft Mario Williams instead. Mario Williams and John Abraham as DE's. Travis Johnson and Robaire Smith as DT's. That, in my mind, would be a heck of a defensive line. I don't know if Smith would be willing to switch, but he wasn't much of a pass rusher it seemed. I do think he'd be better suited as a DT. So I'll assume this happens (if we choose Williams) and we'd have a pretty good combination of young and old. Smith and Abraham would help bring the younger guys along. If Travis Johnson can make a big impact as a 2nd year player and Williams really is the 2nd coming of Julius Peppers, then we shouldn't have any problem stopping the run. It's mighty enticing.

And if we do get 2nd and 4th round draft picks, we might be able to get a quality TE (Dominique Byrd) and a very good O-lineman (don't know who's projected in the 2nd round). If I could vote over again, I might vote Williams. Of course, there's no guarantee than Travis Johnson will be a big time player and even less on Williams who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet. But the potential would be there.
Smith was a DT before he came to the Texans. He only played DE because we were using the 3-4 now that we are using the 4-3 he will be a DT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

After thinking all along that Bush was the way to go I am starting to lean towards trading down and getting Mario Williams. People were wowed by him at the combine and I liked what defenses did in the playoffs. I have stated it 50 times but there are many reasons not to take an O-lineman this high and they all make sense. I'd take Williams and the picks.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 02-27-2006 at 10:08 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

RB, Brick, and Super Mario Williams have more votes than VY.... Hmm.
Old 02-27-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I chose D'Brick based solely on the premise that we ain't going anywhere without a better o-line.
Old 02-27-2006   #17
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

If I were the GM we would of not been 2-14 next year therefore no number 1 pick.

Anyway Vince I just think he is so special. A bigger better version of Mike Vick

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006   #18
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I picked Vince Young based on the criteria of the poll.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read