Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-26-2006   #1
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Unhappy Texans might trade off first pick

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 26, 2006) -- Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush might not land with the Houston Texans after all.

Texans general manager Charley Casserly said that the Texans have been talking to teams about possibly trading the first pick in the 2006 draft.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/HOU/9269639
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

This doesn't sound too good
Old 02-26-2006   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't most GM's with the first pick always say that?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this sounds great!!
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #4
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Texan7_5
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this sounds great!!
No it doesn't

*starts to pout*
Old 02-26-2006   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever makes the team better.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans and Charlie Casserly better be looking at every possible scenario. This doesn't mean that they'll trade it, but at least they're looking for it. Didn't Bob McNair even say that they won't trade it unless someone gives them a Godfather proposal? If they do trade it, although it might not be a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams type trade, you could probably get more in return in terms of draft picks this year than you could last year. I would not mind at all if we traded down to #4 or #5 and picked up D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, or AJ Hawk. Heck, I wouldn't mind if we traded down to #7 or #8 and drafted Tamba Hali from Penn State. If the Texans do trade it, it will be a pretty nice deal.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #7
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Just think of all the pick the team could get this year. Three of the most hyped players to come out in years and we have the first pick. We could potentually make a trade like the Saints did to get Ricky Williams.
Old 02-26-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I dont think we need to get a huge amount of picks in return for the number one. This is one of the deepest drafts in recent years, particularly at positions we have needs at. An extra 2nd and an extra 3rd from the Jets would be enough for me to trade down to the #4 with them. We could then go for D'Brick or Mario, then Davin Joseph and Abdul Hodge in the second, DeMario Minter, Tim Day/Dave Thomas and someone like Wimberly in the third. That would be a great draft right there, not even including the potential we could draft in the later rounds...
Old 02-26-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

except for 2002.. we have heard the ole trade down scenario.. If a deal comes through that overwhelms the Texans..they do it.. if not..they stay.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Don't most GM's with the first pick always say that?
Yes.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #11
Koolbrz
Veteran

This does not sound good!!! I would love for Reggie to be a member of the Texans. He would be a great add. to a team that really has no Gamebreakers. Reggie is definitley that, a Gamebreaker. Oh Well, the powers that be know what they are doing. Just a wait and see game now. They might not get what they are looking for in a trade though, because the Draft is so deep. Reggie!! Reggie!! Reggie!!
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #12
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

How is Casserly's comment surprising?
Old 02-26-2006   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you this is good and bad...it's good to know that our GM is willing to listen to trade offers...but i just don't like the fact that he's being so public with it...everytime you hear well at high ranking person in the texans organization said this or said that you're almost garenteed it's casserly...for once i'd like this guy to keep his mouth shut and let his actions speak for him
Old 02-26-2006   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like the move it it was for Mario Williams.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #15
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Lets go get that Brick to strengthen our line... in the words of Stone Cold Steve Austin "Can I get a hell yeah!!!!!!"
Old 02-26-2006   #16
ClintonPortis26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss

You relize that you can get like 1st round, 2nd round, future 2nd round, 4th round pick with the 1st overal pick...especially with reggie bush, Matt Lienart, and Jay Cutler here? Youd be able to choose, Eric Winston, Winston Justice, D'Brick, Micheal Huff, Tye Hill, SanAntonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, Bobby Carpenter, Sinorice Moss, Cedric Griffin, Haloti Ngata ect...
ClintonPortis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #17
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTexan
I want Reggie Bush!! But if we trade down I want Mario Williams. I don't want to draft D'brick out of need.
Why not? He's projected as a franchise offensive lineman, someone who we don't have on our line. A case can be made for Chester Pitts, but c'mon, does Chester Pitts really look like a franchise o-lineman? We NEED an offensive lineman, and it would be smart to pick the best one to come out in a while. He's probably even more hyped than Robert Gallery was coming out of Iowa. I want Reggie Bush more than any other of the top prospects, but if we do trade down I would prefer us to pick D'Brickashaw over anyone else.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #18
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Why not? He's projected as a franchise offensive lineman, someone who we don't have on our line. A case can be made for Chester Pitts, but c'mon, does Chester Pitts really look like a franchise o-lineman? We NEED an offensive lineman, and it would be smart to pick the best one to come out in a while. He's probably even more hyped than Robert Gallery was coming out of Iowa. I want Reggie Bush more than any other of the top prospects, but if we do trade down I would prefer us to pick D'Brickashaw over anyone else.
That's the point you can make a case for Pitts. Who can we make a case for at DE. Seriously who would Williams have to really compete with for that spot. Also a defensive player can come in and make an impact faster than an offensive player in alot of cases. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't ***** if we got D'brick, but I think Williams can have a more immediate effect and be a more elite player.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #19
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Oh, and DE is a NEED as well.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #20
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

If you have the #1 pick, you are going to look at every option avaliable because you are sitting on a potential gold mine. Even if you are not talking to anyone, you are going to lead on like you are in talks with other teams. That might sweeten the deal if another team is badly wanting to get your pick.
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read