Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-26-2006   #1
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 52245 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Not Sure I Read This Right

I was on NFL.com reading Gil Brandts column on the draft. If I read it right he has a different view from a lot of people. I believe the first number is his guess as how the players will fall in the draft and the number in ( ) is the number they are wearing at the combine?

Brandt's Column

Some of his selections.

QB's

1. Brodie Croyle, Alabama (No. 3)
2. Jay Cutler, Vanderbilt (No. 4)
3. Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green (No. 9)
4. Matt Leinart, Southern Cal (No. 10)
5. Reggie McNeil, Texas A&M (No. 13)
6. Charlie Whitehurst, Clemson (No. 24)
7. Vince Young, Texas (No. 25)

Wild card: Kellen Clemens, Oregon (No. 2). Clemens broke his left ankle on Oct. 22 against Arizona, but he was having an outstanding season prior to the injury. Most likely, he will be a physically unable to perform (PUP) player to start the season, but he is worth a pick. Clemens could be good in the right system.

More names to know:

D.J. Shockley, Georgia (No. 20)
Eric Meyer, Eastern Wash. (No. 14)

Running backs --

If Reggie Bush becomes the No. 1 overall pick, it would be the first time in NFL draft history that two players from the same high school were picked No. 1 in back-to-back years.

Twenty-three running backs have been selected No. 1 overall in draft history, but only two since 1981 -- Ki-Jana Carter in 1995 and Bo Jackson in 1986.

First players likely to be picked (listed alphabetically):

1. Joseph Addai, LSU (No. 1)
2. Reggie Bush, Southern Cal (No. 2)
3. Brian Calhoun, Wisconsin (No. 5)
4. Maurice Drew, UCLA (No. 7)
5. Andre Hall, South Florida (No. 10)
6. Laurence Maroney, Minnesota (No. 17)
7. Leon Washington, Florida State (No. 26)
8. LenDale White, Southern Cal (No. 27)
9. DeAngelo Williams, Memphis (No. 29)

Am I reading this right?

Joseph Addai the first RB picked?
Brodie Croyle the first QB selected?
Reggie McNeal picked ahead of Vince Young?

Wasn't Brandt in charge of the 'Boy's' draft a long time ago in a land far away?

Last edited by cuppacoffee; 02-26-2006 at 01:34 AM.
cuppacoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

listed alphabetically
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #3
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
listed alphabetically
And the numbers were the assigned numbers (Young was QB 25)
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006   #4
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 52245 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
And the numbers were the assigned numbers (Young was QB 25)
Guess this is where I got confused.

First players likely to be picked
(listed alphabetically) > went right over my head.

Reading comprehension is not my strong suit.
At least something in the ole' noggin was ringing a bell and raising a red flag.
Old 02-26-2006   #5
texman8
Veteran

That's what you get for being up at 1:30 am.
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read