Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-24-2006   #1
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Old Hype

This year, it's all about VY, RB, and Matt Leinhart. Every year it's somebody else and I just want to show some of you this link:

http://www.geocities.com/davidcarrpage/updates.html
(Click on the "Honors" link when you get there.)

Here are 2 of the quotes from back then:

"He's a great quarterback. He moves around real well, makes all the throws and plays with a lot of confidence. He was a lot of fun to watch ... and I anticipate him being a top pick in next year's draft. It gives you a really good idea of what kind of player he's going to be. It showed me that he's got not only great talent but great heart. He never quits, always keeps fighting." -- John Elway, who attended the Colorado State game where Carr directed a thrilling fourth quarter comeback.

"Carr was 21-of-34 passing for 340 yards and four TD passes in his excellent game against Oregon State. Carr was on target with intermediate passes and long passes and showed touch on shorter passes. He is a tremendous LEADER who really inspires the Bulldogs." -- ESPN Draft Expert Mel Kiper, Jr.

Sometimes good QBs play for really bad teams. It's a team sport. It's funny how a great OL and good defense can make a QB a "leader".

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
This year, it's all about VY, RB, and Matt Leinhart. Every year it's somebody else and I just want to show some of you this link:

http://www.geocities.com/davidcarrpage/updates.html
(Click on the "Honors" link when you get there.)

Here are 2 of the quotes from back then:

"He's a great quarterback. He moves around real well, makes all the throws and plays with a lot of confidence. He was a lot of fun to watch ... and I anticipate him being a top pick in next year's draft. It gives you a really good idea of what kind of player he's going to be. It showed me that he's got not only great talent but great heart. He never quits, always keeps fighting." -- John Elway, who attended the Colorado State game where Carr directed a thrilling fourth quarter comeback.

"Carr was 21-of-34 passing for 340 yards and four TD passes in his excellent game against Oregon State. Carr was on target with intermediate passes and long passes and showed touch on shorter passes. He is a tremendous LEADER who really inspires the Bulldogs." -- ESPN Draft Expert Mel Kiper, Jr.

Sometimes good QBs play for really bad teams. It's a team sport. It's funny how a great OL and good defense can make a QB a "leader".
Great job looking those up.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
Thats the point I've been trying to get across for the past month.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Good find HJam72.

Just wondering what happened to the guy.
Old 02-24-2006   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Good find HJam72.

You mean you dont know ??

Ill give ya a hint then ..... It may have something to do with 200+ sacks over the past four seasons. 208 to be exact .

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope we put together a great team, and I hope Carr has incredible success in the years to come.
Old 02-25-2006   #7
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Good find HJam72.

Good probability you will be asking the same question about VY in three or four years.
Old 02-25-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Great find............Did you further know that he had 2 WRs that were only
5-10 and 5-9.
He had a great oline
fast game changing WRs- which Rodney Wright holds the NCAA Bowl Game record with 299 yards recieving.
He had a back in Parrish Gaines that could take it to the house.
Had very good coaches and a GREAT qb coach in Tedford
And his Defense was not great it would just come up with INTS and Sacks at the right time, to get them back on the field.

He is a good QB and I cant wait for this season to roll around. He needs more HELP.
I didn't know any of that, but it's about what I would've guessed. If his team sucked, everyone would have thought he was the biggest problem. Thanx for the info.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read