Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-24-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Getting E.James or J.Lewis

Well I was checking out ESPN.com and noticed that Edgerin James and Jamal Lewis are both likely to go the free agency..Why dont we draft one of them and then that would take out the fact of needing to get reggie bush...Then we could take like D'Brick or something...Just a opinion!!!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't think either would be a good fit here.

James would want to much money.

Lewis quit on his team last year. We already have 53 quiters on our team we don't need anymore.
Old 02-24-2006   #3
mike230765
Rookie

I think that we will D'Brick no matter where we pick. All this stuff about getting reggie bush is just to try and make a team trade up and give us picks in this years draft or next year. And also so we don't have to pay him #1 money.
mike230765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006   #4
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

d'brick should probably be on top of our draft boards with mario williams being number two and aj hawk being 3rd...we simply do not need a running back or a quarterback despite what several people believe...if we can get one of those three in a trade down that would probably be the perfect situation...if we stay and number 1 the best option is to take ferguson since he would solve one of our biggest needs since becoming a franchise in 02
Old 02-24-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Bad idea. Already got a solid, producing RB, we don't need another. J-Lewis will quit the team provided we don't give him a perfect salary, plus he's lost "it". Edge wants bank, even more so than Lewis. Trade top pick, get D'Brick"house" to be the man of that o-line, then sure up the D.
Old 02-24-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

This team needs to draft Bush and sign a high FA RB. Yep, that is the weakest area of the team.
Old 02-24-2006   #7
Jerry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
then that would take out the fact of needing to get reggie bush

I don't think anyone believes that we need a RB. The only reason the Texans are seriously considering taking him is because he could be a once-in-a-decade type gamebreaker. Much like how some consider VY to have that similar explosiveness. It is not need so much as the potential to get someone really great.
Old 02-24-2006   #8
Texas
Hall of Fame

I know this...However if we were to draft a top profile RB that would completely throw RB out of it.
Old 02-24-2006   #9
barzilla
Veteran

Are we confusing "draft" with "sign'?
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

sign*
Old 02-25-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry
I don't think anyone believes that we need a RB. The only reason the Texans are seriously considering taking him is because he could be a once-in-a-decade type gamebreaker. Much like how some consider VY to have that similar explosiveness. It is not need so much as the potential to get someone really great.
yup. we dont need a running back, the only reason reggie bush is even being talked about is because some think he has the potential to be one of the best ever. both of the above mentioned have already proven that they're not. if reggie bush werent in this draft, anyone that mentioned drafting a running back before the 7th round on this forum would be drug across hot coals.
Old 02-25-2006   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
d'brick should probably be on top of our draft boards with mario williams being number two and aj hawk being 3rd...we simply do not need a running back or a quarterback despite what several people believe...if we can get one of those three in a trade down that would probably be the perfect situation...if we stay and number 1 the best option is to take ferguson since he would solve one of our biggest needs since becoming a franchise in 02

I cant make my mind up as to wether we should draft Bush or Trade down. Your argument is pretty good. However if we traded down the Jets might take D'Brick as they have just let half their oline go.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #13
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas
Well I was checking out ESPN.com and noticed that Edgerin James and Jamal Lewis are both likely to go the free agency..Why dont we draft one of them and then that would take out the fact of needing to get reggie bush...Then we could take like D'Brick or something...Just a opinion!!!

J. Lewis quit on his team and E. James will cost a whole lot a money plus he has alot of mileage on them wheels. I would stick with drafting RB, seek out a trade for DD maybe get a third rd. pick for him and go with VM as RB's back up. He is same type of runner DD is, almost mirror image IMO, and he is healthy. Due to lack of playin time of course, but when he has been out there he showed he can be a good running back. Don't know what kind of salary cap hit they would take in trading DD, but i feel it might be possible to pull off.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

both these runningbacks will want a lot of money...if we're going to spend a lot of money in free-agents, i rather it be on defensive players...Julian Peterson . Or o-line...L. Bentley
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #15
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Texan7_5
both these runningbacks will want a lot of money...if we're going to spend a lot of money in free-agents, i rather it be on defensive players...Julian Peterson . Or o-line...L. Bentley
ditto

Edge doesn't have much of his prime left (IMO) and he is going to want a blockbuster deal.
Lewis has some issues, personally I don't like him.

I think you only go after a high paid RB (especially one that has been around), only if that is the missing link and your team is truely ready to make a push for the superbowl.

Edge would be a good fit in Jacksonville.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolbrz
He is same type of runner DD is, almost mirror image IMO, and he is healthy. Due to lack of playin time of course, but when he has been out there he showed he can be a good running back.

What would lead you to believe he is a good running back or has the potential or time left in his career to become a "good" running back? What has lead you to believe Morency was worth his draft position?

:brickwall
Old 02-25-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
Edge would be a good fit in Jacksonville.
I'll pass on that. He would still get to tear us up twice a year. I want him out of our division.
Old 02-25-2006   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
I'll pass on that. He would still get to tear us up twice a year. I want him out of our division.
Agree. I think he'll end up in Arizona if the Cardinals pass on DeAngelo Williams.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #19
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

People need to stop thinking of Bush as simply a running back. if he was your typical 25 carries a game type back, the texans wouldn't pick him.

Other than AJ the Texans don't have a playmaker on offense (sorry Mathis isn't he hasn't shown he can be an NFL WR, nor has he been givin the chance)

Its not about getting Bush 20 carries its about getting him 20 touches. With Reggie in the game teams will have to account for him lining up in the slot and all other types of creative things Kubiak is getting paid big bucks to come up with. This helps the whole offense, running and passing, and takes pressure of every single player. You don't pass up on a talent like that unless some team blows you away with some crazy offer.
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006   #20
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilTanker
People need to stop thinking of Bush as simply a running back. if he was your typical 25 carries a game type back, the texans wouldn't pick him.

Other than AJ the Texans don't have a playmaker on offense (sorry Mathis isn't he hasn't shown he can be an NFL WR, nor has he been givin the chance)

Its not about getting Bush 20 carries its about getting him 20 touches. With Reggie in the game teams will have to account for him lining up in the slot and all other types of creative things Kubiak is getting paid big bucks to come up with. This helps the whole offense, running and passing, and takes pressure of every single player. You don't pass up on a talent like that unless some team blows you away with some crazy offer.
Your right, your argument finally convinced me that Reggie Bush is God's nephew.

When Reggie Bush can sack the QB and/or stop him from getting sacked, I will consider drafting him.

Don't say just having him will create that, becase that is not true. What is going to change a DE's mind to not pin his ears back on our Offensive Line and go for the sack? Why would defenses change at all when they can still get to the QB before he even gets his 3 step drop completed?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read