Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-23-2006   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default For the haters of Phillip Buchanan

Sorry, but I had to put in a word for my boy.

Jason Allen from Tennessee. He can play cornerback, or safety. Which means that we either have him starting at corner or a nickel back, also he can fill in for Marcus Coleman when needed.

I know he was rated highly at the beginning of this year, but when he dislocated his hip tackling Leonard Pope, I believe his stock dropped. I think he's made a full recovery but am not sure...If anyone knows where he's projected let me know.
Old 02-23-2006   #2
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Man, I don't know if they got the exact same thing, but wasn't it a hip injury that finally made Bo Jackson hang it up? I know sports medicine might be a bit better since then, but if somethin could take down Bo, I'm not puttin my money on anybody else with the same problem. He was absolutely ridiculous at Tenn before his injury though. In all seriousness I would look at him in the 5th round (doubt he'll dip that far) and if he has recovered, he would slab some unmentionable members of our secondary...
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #3
stonedtexansfan
Rookie

Default hip

I think it might be the same as Bo, but recently Priest Holmes had the same injury as Bo then came back and produced before gettin hurt again. I guess it just depends on how severe the damage is when the hip is dislocated.
stonedtexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #4
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat

Jason Allen from Tennessee. He can play cornerback, or safety. Which means that we either have him starting at corner or a nickel back, also he can fill in for Marcus Coleman when needed.

I know he was rated highly at the beginning of this year, but when he dislocated his hip tackling Leonard Pope, I believe his stock dropped. I think he's made a full recovery but am not sure...If anyone knows where he's projected let me know.
According what I am reading on ESPN
He is rated as the 15th best Defensive Back and carries a grade of 78.

here is the link for those with ESPN insider.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=2338318
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #5
Tha_Tinman
Veteran

Default In the dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat

What actually happened to Buchanan? What's his status now? That guy was supposed to be the truth. A super speed guy with good cover skills. I know he got hurt but people on here talk like he had a career ending injury or something. Is he not coming back? Can he not recover?
Tha_Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm not ready to give up on Buchannon just yet...... he didn't play very well, but neither did our QB.... I mean our Defensive line...... You can't cover guys forever...... and many of our guys especially our LBs looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. Not looking at the playbook, I can't really say how many of Buchannon's goof ups were Buchannon's goof ups... maybe he didn't understand where he was supposed to be, or where his help was, or something.....

Don't get me wrong, I think he played pretty bad overall, but I know he can play better, and I think that he will. CB, I think is lower on our list than Safety, LB, and DE IMHO, especially if we do make the switch to the 4-3.
Old 03-03-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen looked ripped and ran a very good 40 for a guy returning from a season ending injury. As I understand before the injury he would have been one of the top DB's taken. Could be a very good value late on day 1 in my opinion. We do not need to take any question marks on day 1. He would be a value to us on day 2.
Old 03-03-2006   #8
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Fill in for Marcus Coleman??? Who?

Sorry had to poke fun.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I'm not ready to give up on Buchannon just yet...... he didn't play very well, but neither did our QB....
and the beat goes on .....
Old 03-03-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
We have a FS SS named JARRELL WEAVER From The University of Miami, any of you guys know who this is?
If he's who I think he is, he also has a twin brother. I think he's bounced around the Jets - Cowboys - Jets practice squads. Maybe the Giants; it was New York anyway.
Old 03-03-2006   #11
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I just googled him. It was the Jets. It looks like he made the roster for the Colts last year but didn't rack up any stats:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/501513

I think he grew up in Miami as well as played at "The U". He was a linebacker at Miami and his brother Jermell was a DB. He is a friend of Dre's.

Last edited by Runner; 03-03-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
We have a FS SS named JARRELL WEAVER From The University of Miami, any of you guys know who this is?
We already have a "Giant who was cut thread". I think we need a "Titan who was picked-up thread" and a "Dwarf who have the Texans snuck on their roster thread".

There are a lot of new players on the roster - you can pick them out because they have no numbers.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.php

Edit: Hmmm. Some new names have numbers too.

Last edited by Runner; 03-03-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
...Not looking at the playbook, I can't really say how many of Buchannon's goof ups were Buchannon's goof ups... maybe he didn't understand where he was supposed to be, or where his help was, or something....
It's not so much his coverage skills (poor as they are), but it's Buchanon's unwillingness to tackle using his shoulders that bothers most. Eventually you have to hit somebody in the game of football. Heck, even Kris Brown & Chad Stanley will stick their helmet on a runner.
Old 03-03-2006   #14
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

ANYONE is better than P-Buch!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read