Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2006   #1
TJFord
Rookie

Default My Wet Dream Offseason

Let me start off by stating that I am not a capologist. The whole point of this post is to have someone in the know tell me whether or not my assumptions are right or wrong. Anyway, here goes.

Trades
The Texans trade Carr to the Jets for Abraham and a 3rd round pick. We take a hit from Carr's bonus money, but that hit is offset by getting Abraham without having to pay his bonus money. The Jets would then release Pennington and would be free to take Ferguson or maybe even Bush with the 4th pick. The Texans get a DE which we badly need and are in the position to take hometown hero Vincent Young while picking up an extra pick.

Free Agency
Sign Bentley. He is going to command a lot of money, but he is young and already a premier player in the interior line. We need him. I would also re-sign Gaffney since Kubiak apparently likes him. Obviously other FAs are needed, but at this point who knows who is going to be available.

Draft
1 - VY
2 - Jean-Giles if available or DeMeco Ryans
3 - Colledge
3 - Byrd
4 - David Thomas
TJFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #2
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Any idea what the price of that dline would be? Not saying I do not like the trade but Walker, Payne & Smith ain't cheap. Texans would also have to agree to a new contract for Abraham.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFord
We take a hit from Carr's bonus money, but that hit is offset by getting Abraham without having to pay his bonus money.
The offset theory isn't going to work because Abraham is under the franchise (1 year contract essentially) rather than a long term deal. Any contract with him is going to involve the trading team ponying up a signing bonus.
Old 02-23-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

you forgot the 3rd we got from NO from the trade last year, Colledge wont fall to the 3rd, and why 2 TEs back to back?
Old 02-23-2006   #5
Doom Capers
Veteran

Draft
1 - VY

Hogwash.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #6
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Draft
1 - VY

Hogwash.
I second that.

Do you think Thomas will last that long?
Old 02-23-2006   #7
angeltexus
Rookie

Talking Hogwash again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom Capers
Draft
1 - VY

Hogwash.
Hogwash is the same word all Vince Young Haters said when he beat USC. It is also the same word all the other High School said in Houston when he commanded Madison to Victory. And it will be the same word all other NFL teams will say when he leads our Texans to Victory.
angeltexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2006   #8
texplayer2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeltexus
Hogwash is the same word all Vince Young Haters said when he beat USC. It is also the same word all the other High School said in Houston when he commanded Madison to Victory. And it will be the same word all other NFL teams will say when he leads our Texans to Victory.
Wait! Oh I forgot the title of this thread. Wet Dream
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFord
Draft
1 - VY
2 - Jean-Giles if available or DeMeco Ryans
3 - Colledge
3 - Byrd
4 - David Thomas
I wont say too much about the VY pick, but if you are expecting him to come in and start like you show, you are asking for him to be killed ala Carr and set our franchise back at least another 4 years. He has the potential, but I feel he is 2 solid years away from starting in the NFL, 1 year away if a team is desperate.

Giles is one the the last guys to fit into our system. He is slow out of his stance and has little experience pulling. He is slow laterally also. He does excell at mauling, but that is not what our line is about.

Colledge will not last until the 3rd. If he does, great pick. I question his size for the NFL and see him as a LG type. He may actually fit in our system as a LT. He is a smaller, more athletic Chester Pitts to me.

Byrd if he tests out well and shows he is injury free is a steal in the 3rd. He is a very streaky player, but excells at downfield plays. He lacks top speed, but he can pluck on the run very nicely. Injuries are a major concern for him and any team who drafts him.

Thomas? You do realize Byrd and Thomas BOTH play TE? While I see you want to address a need, taking two TE's this early, especially two with such question marks, makes no sense. Thomas lacks size, speed, and strength. He takes poor angles in his blocks, but does try very hard. He does seal well on runs to his side. He is also good at finding holes in the zones and sitting there. He catches almost everything, but is an undersized target.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read