Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-21-2006   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Don't Jump on Me for this...Just a question

Terrell Owens could be acquired with a third or fourth round pick. Taking away all the talk of him being a "cancer" and all that, take a look at him. He takes up lots of cap room. But I think we have room. Now then, the bottom line is, the guy can play. In his career, Owens has caught 101 touchdowns, including 6 before he was suspended this season...that's with the McNabb dispute going on. By the way Owens was still the leading receiver for Philly, despite playing only seven games.

Compare him to Andre Johnson.
This Season:
Johnson-13 games, 63 catches, 688 yards, 2 TDs
T.O.-7 games, 47 catches, 763 yards, 6 TDs

Last 3 years (since A.J. has been in the league)
Johnson-45 games, 208 catches, 2806 yards, 12 TDs
T.O.-36 games, 204 catches, 3065 yards, 29 TDs

I'm not knocking on Andre in any way, but Owens has outperformed him in every aspect except for attitude and respectability. Andre needs somebody to take the weight off of his shoulders, like Jerry Rice did for T.O. in San Fransisco. David Carr needs another solid target as well.

Now we can address the attitude. He has always had it, thats just who he is. I think he knows that he can't have another situation like in Philly. I know people hate him, but if he comes in here and does what he did for Philedelphia his first year, being honest with yourselves, how many of you would jump on his bandwagon?

I've said what I needed to say...bring on the war.
Old 02-21-2006   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 88794 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Pass...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

You just posed the question...how can we make a 2-14 team worse....and then answered it.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #4
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

With Andre Johnson, and possably Reggie Bush... there will not be enough balls to go around for TO.
Old 02-21-2006   #5
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

The only way I'd take TO is if we could trade either Coleman, PBurnt, McKinney, Walker, or Payne....or maybe a combination of the above for him.

Even then, I'd have to think long and hard about it. He is too disruptive to want on your team. And w/ Carr.....LOL....he'd tear Carr apart and send him home crying after every game.
Old 02-21-2006   #6
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

on the subject of Phillip Buchanan. I saw where Olympic Star Michael Johnson was working with rookies on improving their agility and speed. This probably wont happen, but what if we hired someone like that to improve our players speed and agility and such.
Old 02-21-2006   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat
on the subject of Phillip Buchanan. I saw where Olympic Star Michael Johnson was working with rookies on improving their agility and speed. This probably wont happen, but what if we hired someone like that to improve our players speed and agility and such.
I dont think that would do much good. Most players have already gone through this pre-draft process, plus the track speen and playing speed are 2 different things.
Old 02-21-2006   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not like TO. He is a person who brings too much attention to himself. While he might be a solid WR, he can influence AJ, DUnta and our other younger players. TO should consider going to Baltimore or the Raiders. He could fit in there.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #9
TreWardTxn
Veteran

Terrel Owens only wants to go to a team that has a chance of winning a Superbowl next year, he's not getting any younger. And if I were a GM, that's the only way I would take him, is if I needed one player, for one year, to win a championship. If he performed well and kept his mouth shut, he could even come back the next year. Since the Texans are "D. None of the above" category, it wouldn't make any sense. Plus, all he would do is get jealous when he figured out that AJ's jersey was selling better than his, 'My feelin's was hurt...'
TreWardTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #10
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Pass - As big as his talent is, his cancer is even bigger. Our quarterback is bad enough as it is, what do you think will happen to him once TO gets ahold of him?
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #11
The Myth
Rookie

I don't think those are fair comparisons of stats considering the difference in the two teams they played on. Besides that...TO is only going to get you a year, right? Why bother with the headache because he isn't going to make the difference to get the Texans into the Super Bowl in 2006.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr will be torn to pieces. He is one heck of a player but he is a pain in the.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #13
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreWardTxn
Plus, all he would do is get jealous when he figured out that AJ's jersey was selling better than his, 'My feelin's was hurt...'

that made my day.
Old 02-21-2006   #14
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52391 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

You wanted to take away everything about him being a cancer. NOw when you add it back in you get a big fat NO. How can you disregard this????
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

miami needs to get him
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #16
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
With Andre Johnson, and possably Reggie Bush... there will not be enough balls to go around for TO.
Owens could snap the ball back to himself, toss it behind the line of scrimmage to himself and then throw it to himself downfield on every play and there still wouldn't be enough balls for him.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
miami needs to get him

That would be BO (Boston and Owens)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I love me some T.O.

But not for us.... I think AJ is everybit as good, regardless what the stats say. I love AJ, and I'm always saying he is our T.O.

But signing T.O. in FA messes up my plans for drafting Vince. We need at least an OL(preferably interior) a DL, and I'd like a safety/corner...... Hopefully, that'll take off some pressure in "needing" to trade down in the draft.
Old 02-22-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sacking Machine
no miami needs to get Drew Brees
because Gus Frerotte wont play very much

and you already have McMichael and Chambers that is enough man yall are greedy
frerotte is fine, although i wouldn't mind brees. don't want to spend too much on one player though

don't forget ronnie brown, who catches the ball as well as anyone on the team. chambers, owens, mcmichael, brown, with booker in the slot....dangerous
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read