Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-20-2006   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What if......

The Texans announced they are trading the #1 pick now for like the #5 pick and got some veteran help with it and a couple of extra picks. Would you still be upset they didn't stay put to draft Vince Young.

I don't see them doing that right away though because I believe we are going to play up our options all the way til the morning of the draft.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #2
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I would be more than happy to trade the pick, but I would prefer more picks instead of some veterans. But, it depends on how old the veterans are, and if they are worth trading down for.
Old 02-20-2006   #3
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
The Texans announced they are trading the #1 pick now for like the #5 pick and got some veteran help with it and a couple of extra picks. Would you still be upset they didn't stay put to draft Vince Young.

I don't see them doing that right away though because I believe we are going to play up our options all the way til the morning of the draft.
This kind of made me chuckle.

It isn't happening.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

That is why I am asking if you would hate the idea of them doing so to let it be known to the fans that this isn't happening.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #5
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I think the majority of fans already know that the Texans aren't taking Vince Young. The day that we extended Carr 3 years was the day that Vince Young's future ended with the Texans.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

We won't hear much about final trade scenarios up until the week of the draft, and more likely the day of or day before.
Old 02-20-2006   #7
Frills
Veteran

Veteran Help = Some other team's cap issue

Give me young talent, and I can deal with a mediocre team for a few years while they develop. This team is still 2-3 years away, why pay a vet, and help another team with their cap, when we're looking to replace the vet when the young talent is developed?

The Astros always got themselves in trouble by trading their best prospects come trade deadline for a rental player to make the push.

The only way I would take a trade down senario is for picks rather than a player who will be past their prime when its go time.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read