Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-19-2006   #1
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly on Sporting News 1:00 hour

If anything of interest I will post
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101824 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
If anything of interest I will post
Thanks

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sporting News ? Is that TV ? Radio ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard him yesterday and he pumped up Bush but then was asked about Young and had good things to say about him also although not as longwinded about Vince.
Old 02-19-2006   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Radio-should of said that
Did not say anything earth shattering or unexpected. It is nice to hear him with hosts who actually ask him questions, because he does attempt to answer them even if there is a level of BS and smokescreen to it.
Bush- described him as an explosive player...impacts the game whether he touches the ball or not

Young- great athlete, can make all the throws, has the natural ability to scrammble and then stop and make a play down field

1st pick- trades won't get serious until a week before the draft.

Role w/Kubiak- work together, he makes the final decision,. Made it sound similar to Capers role.

Carr- believes the team can win, tough, make all the throws needs to be protected better.

Needs just said playmakers on both sides on the ball. Went into the change to 4-3 DE/MLB
Old 02-19-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Role w/Kubiak- work together, he makes the final decision,. Made it sound similar to Capers role.

He talks out of both sides of his mouth when it comes to these matters. If it's a good pick like DD, he's quick to point out his and his scouts' involvement. When it's a Babin or a Buchanon, he's quick to point out the coaches involvement.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
He talks out of both sides of his mouth when it comes to these matters. If it's a good pick like DD, he's quick to point out his and his scouts' involvement. When it's a Babin or a Buchanon, he's quick to point out the coaches involvement.
Let's just hope that he's overstating his role this time around, and that the draft will be more of a joint venture.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2006   #8
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
That's probably because that's the way it happened. I haven't always, but I'm beginning to think that Casserly was another one of Capers victims. I know he's not supposed to let that happen, but I think that's (no backbone) his weakness--not stupidity.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #9
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
That's probably because that's the way it happened. I haven't always, but I'm beginning to think that Casserly was another one of Capers victims. I know he's not supposed to let that happen, but I think that's (no backbone) his weakness--not stupidity.
How bout Casserly being one of Caper's weaknesses?
Old 02-19-2006   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 39800 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"he" is Casserly or "he" is Kubiak?
Old 02-19-2006   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Blue Hen
How bout Casserly being one of Caper's weaknesses?
There is a reason why Casserly still has a job and Capers doesn't.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #12
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan
There is a reason why Casserly still has a job and Capers doesn't.
Yeah.........we HOPE!

Well, I'm sure there is a reason; let's just hope it is a GOOD reason.
Old 02-19-2006   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
"he" is Casserly or "he" is Kubiak?
Casserly
Old 02-19-2006   #14
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I heard it yesterday while running errands. Casserly sounded much less surly than usual.

I thought it was a pretty good interview. There was one part we thought was kind of a stark omission.

He said basically, choosing between Reggie and Vince would be:

David/Reggie

or

Vince/Whomever David's trade yielded.

Poor Domanick.

Or maybe he was just trying to say that drafting Vince doesn't mean trading two players for one. I'm not really sure.
Old 02-19-2006   #15
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

I found it interesting (exciting) that when asked if Carr could be involved in a trade, he didn't squash that notion as he usually would've in the past. Leaving open the possibility of Carr being involved in a trade.
Old 02-19-2006   #16
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

^ same for me
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
I heard it yesterday while running errands. Casserly sounded much less surly than usual.

I thought it was a pretty good interview. There was one part we thought was kind of a stark omission.

He said basically, choosing between Reggie and Vince would be:

David/Reggie

or

Vince/Whomever David's trade yielded.

Poor Domanick.

Or maybe he was just trying to say that drafting Vince doesn't mean trading two players for one. I'm not really sure.
Cass has said that David/RB or Vince/ David Trade thing before on local sports talk.

I think he doesn't discuss DD in his equation because DD remains for both of those scenarios.

The thing that is telling to me about him repeating it is that it tends to quash the whole notion of Carr playing and VY on the bench stuff that McClain used to peddle but isn't peddling any more.

I do not think they are gonna trade Carr nor pick VY. I think Casserly talks that way some so that the #1 pick means more if people think there is the possibility that we will take QB.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006   #18
SESupergenius

Put it this way, if Capers was a bad coach then who was the one that hired him and why isn't he taking some of the blame?
Old 02-20-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
I found it interesting (exciting) that when asked if Carr could be involved in a trade, he didn't squash that notion as he usually would've in the past. Leaving open the possibility of Carr being involved in a trade.
They are just dangling you Longhorn/VY fans - don't want to alienate any more fans than necessary. That way they keep you in denial, in your fantasy
world that there is still hope that VY will be on the Texans roster so they can sell as many season tickets as possible before the actual Draft in April. So if
you choose, hey keep on dreamin.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
They are just dangling you Longhorn/VY fans - don't want to alienate any more fans than necessary. That way they keep you in denial, in your fantasy
world that there is still hope that VY will be on the Texans roster so they can sell as many season tickets as possible before the actual Draft in April. So if
you choose, hey keep on dreamin.
I think he is talking him up for trade prospects and not for the fans. We have enough post baiting around here. It would be nice if our more mature members didn't troll for the wacky forum wrecking, emotional responses.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read