Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which OT would you want
Jammal Brown 1 4.76%
Robert Gallery 10 47.62%
Jordan Gross 0 0%
D'Brickashaw Ferguson 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2006   #1
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Which OT would you want

I got this off of ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

The question is which Offensive Tackle would you want from the past 4 drafts?
Old 02-17-2006   #2
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I picked Ferguson because he still has more room to improve. I like Gallery also.
Old 02-17-2006   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I would say Ferguson since none of those guys have shown what it takes to play LT. Brown is a career RT, Gross played badly as a LT and got moved back to RT and Gallery couldn't unseat Sims.
Old 02-17-2006   #4
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 92823 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i went gallery because he was more dominant in college, and has played pretty well at the next level. gross has appeared less than dominant, but has played into the RT role it seems. brown i didnt watch and really have zero information on. i hear a lot about the arguement of not unseating sims, but i dont think that's the case. sims wasnt very good, while gallery played very well. i think it was more of a poor coaching decision (or just lack of options ... adequate & great VS great & pathetic), than a talent issue.

if i needed a starter next season at LT it would be gallery. if i needed one in 2009 it's likely going to be d'brick ... you couldnt sculpt a better LT, but noone knows what he's going to do as a pro.

Last edited by Scooter; 02-17-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Gallery. You know what he is at the pro level. I like DBrick, but he is just a "Possibility" regarding his game in the pros at this time.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #6
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I picked Gallery i guess some of you he is and was the best tackle to come out since orlando pace none in this class match up.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #7
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I picked Gallery for the simple fact he has some NFL experience now and really I feel would be a steal if the right deal could be made along with the coaching Kubiak would bring with Sherman as well. I think he'd become a real beast...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read