Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-17-2006   #1
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2802 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default john maclain news!

Did anyone here what he was talking about today on the radio?
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #2
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

nope, fill us in.
Old 02-17-2006   #3
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
nope, fill us in.
Not too sure but I think he asked you first.
Old 02-17-2006   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee
Not too sure but I think he asked you first.
Ohh, I thought he heard something and was asking us if we head it.
Old 02-17-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

I didn't hear a word of it but I can tell you what he said ....

the Texans should trade Carr and draft Young ...

the same thing he said last Friday, last Monday, today, next Monday, next Friday, ...
Old 02-17-2006   #6
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I didn't hear a word of it but I can tell you what he said ....

the Texans should trade Carr and draft Young ...

the same thing he said last Friday, last Monday, today, next Monday, next Friday, ...
Now thats comical!!!
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #7
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I only heard part of it and he was talking about Vince backing up Carr unless he was traded. I had to change the channel. You would think he could add something new every now and then.
Old 02-17-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1
I only heard part of it and he was talking about Vince backing up Carr unless he was traded. I had to change the channel. You would think he could add something new every now and then.
Ahhh, true, but man love is a powerfull thing in Broke Back journalism.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006   #9
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Old 02-18-2006   #10
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

McClain has become such a doddering old fool, I feel sorry for him. I wish he would retire. But then again, I have no confidence in the Chronicle to hire anyone better. Justice and Lopez are even dumber than McClain is.

One would think in a city the size of Houston, we would have good sportswriters at the main newspaper. Perhaps the Chronicle is too cheap to attract anyone with a triple digit IQ.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 23275 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL, sigged
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A New QB
yea thaz pretty funny but wat is it with this guy and vince
A theroy of mine.

Vince hires an agent and tells him he wants to be a Houston Texan. If he can make that happen he will give the agent a little extra from the thirty five million signing bonus he would get as the overall number one. If young gets drafted #1 his agent stands to make millions off of his comission's. The agent then goes to the local media to convince them to start writting positive articals and riveting material on how Vince is a can't miss. Giving the contributing sports writters a kick back if they could help this poor kid full fill his dream of playing for his home town.(Lets just say 500k a piece) Justice and McClain would then use there talk shows and articals, knowing the pen is mightier than the sword, and convince all the home towners he is the footballs version of Jordan.(Even though they spent the last six months saying that about Reggie.)

That being said, I do think they Texans will draft Young. Then trade him to the Jets. I know what you are saying, thats crazy! However if the Texans are thinking of trading down, but are concerned about VY playing for your division fo, wouldnt the smart money be taking control of the situation and trading him to a team you wouldnt mind him playing for? Yes Bush would then go to the Tittans but a RB life span is only about 5-6 years then the talent starts to drop off, as apposed to a QB who's lifespan is 10-15 years. I do think if we trade with the Jets we get there #4, Abraham, and this years second. We then turn around and draft williams. That would be an impressive front four, Abraham, Johnson, Smith, Williams. Should be, three of four would be first round picks. Not to mention having the first and fourth pick in the second where we could get a TE and OL.

Thats just my wackey theroy.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #13
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #14
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
That's one of the coolest pics I have ever seen. Great job!!
Old 02-18-2006   #15
Bongo59
Veteran

I am up here in Indy now and the latest rumor is that Jerry Jones has contacted Loomis and Benson about their two..................they offered two ones and a two...............who does he want.............VY. I will be dropping stuff over at titanscentral for the length of the combine................
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59
I am up here in Indy now and the latest rumor is that Jerry Jones has contacted Loomis and Benson about their two..................they offered two ones and a two...............who does he want.............VY. I will be dropping stuff over at titanscentral for the length of the combine................
Thanks for the rumor bongo. I think teams try to trade with NO instead of us.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #17
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

I agree with Vinny, the only way someone will trade with us is if they are crazy over Leinart or Voung, and I'm talking Ditka/Williams trade your entire draft crazy.
Old 02-18-2006   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Thanks for the chuckle. Sweet!

The "you must draft Vince or you're stupid" crowd as nobody but themselves to blame for the backlash that has taken place . . . but the McClain/Chronicle/610 Spin Machine has done it's part also.

And here it's still the middle of February.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #19
ComstockLode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan
McClain has become such a doddering old fool, I feel sorry for him. I wish he would retire. But then again, I have no confidence in the Chronicle to hire anyone better. Justice and Lopez are even dumber than McClain is.

One would think in a city the size of Houston, we would have good sportswriters at the main newspaper. Perhaps the Chronicle is too cheap to attract anyone with a triple digit IQ.
Justice is considered one of the top journalists in all of the country and he is very well respected.
ComstockLode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #20
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95473 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComstockLode
Justice is considered one of the top journalists in all of the country and he is very well respected.
That of course, depends on which side of the "great debate" that you're on.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read