Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-16-2006   #1
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

Default Question for VY fans..

Who here is a VY fan that ISN'T a fan of the college he went to? I'm just curious about the correlation of VY fans to fans of the college he went to...
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

count me in...but then again I was the only person on any Texans board calling him a future NFL superstar before the Rose Bowl.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
count me in...but then again I was the only person on any Texans board calling him a future NFL superstar before the Rose Bowl.
see, i don't mind that at all (when people have been fans of VY before the RoseBowl) it's all these new, converted VY fanboys that are the brillo pad in my boxers.
Old 02-16-2006   #4
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Me too. Realized he was something unseen after Oklahoma State last year (2004). He's confirmed my every suspicion since.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #5
BeReal
Rookie

I am the exact opposite of your question. I am a big UT fan and lived in Austin for 4 years while I went to SWT/Texas State Univ. I love Vince's game but I don't believe he's the right fit for the Texans, at least not at this time.
BeReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I am a VY fan and I hate UT. I am an Aggie and UT can burn for all I care. Either way I am a fan of him, but dont confuse that with wanting him anywhere on the Texans franchise.
Old 02-16-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texas State University semi-alum.....if you dig hard enough, there is plenty of photo/video evidence of myself hanging intoxicated off a giant horse statue screaming ******* UT.....Not a big fan of the burnt orange, but vince is going to be something special in my opinion.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2006   #8
BlueThunder
Veteran

I've been a fan of Vince Young since I noticed him taking games over by himself.I guess I first really knew he was more then just a scrambling QB when he beat Michigan in the first Rose Bowl.I'm not a fan of any college really,I get drawn to great teams and great talent.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I am a VY fan and I hate UT. I am an Aggie and UT can burn for all I care. Either way I am a fan of him, but dont confuse that with wanting him anywhere on the Texans franchise.
Man that is harsh! I am a UT fan but I don't hate A&M, especially to that point you hate UT.

Lived in the Austin area 4 years, have been a VY fan for 3 years, and I think he is remarkable. I can appreciate fans liking VY but not UT. Heck, I think Adrian Peterson is unbelivable but I don't like OU one bit. Anyway as much as I like VY and UT, I don't think he is the best fit for our Houston Texans (my number 1 team.) I will be pulling for VY where ever he goes. I favor trading down, but it is a win-win situation.

I know the thread ask for people that are not fans of his college, but I had to chime in.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 02-16-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a fan of VY. I'm not from UT, but I have a friend that is a UT alum and watched a lot of games with him. I've thought since the Ohio St. game that he could be special. I didn't think he would come out this year, though. I think he is going to be a star. Nothing is guaranteed, but he's as close as you can get.

Still, I am a Carr supporter and think that trading down and improving the team around him is the best option right now. Nothing against VY, but he's not what the team needs most right now. So, I guess you could say I'm on both sides of the fence. Hey, the grass is always greener where I am.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #11
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
I think I'm on record as being of the same opinion Vinny. I've at least thought it since his first Rose Bowl MVP performance.

Of course I live in Austin and loved UT since we had a guy named Earl Campbell playing pro ball in Houston. FWIW, I don't wear orange colored glasses (seems like what GanadoUHCoog is really asking); I'm not a fan of Bensen or Simms, and Roy Williams has been phoning it in since his junior year.
Old 02-16-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

NOT A YOUNG HOMER/HATER....and not a big fan of college football (too many regular blowouts)...but VY looks to be all that and a bag of chips. His upside potential is enormous, and if he can translate his attitude and drive to the NFL, he'll be a superstar wherever he lands.

A lot of folks were not really exposed to Young until he was on a national stage, so I don't see what the big deal is if he's picked up some new fans along the way of the past few months.

While I'd love to see him in Texans gear, I won't be upset if we choose another path to follow. That's football.
Old 02-16-2006   #13
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been calling it since his days at Madison. The guy never cease to quit amazing me with his on the field leadership and athletic ability. It has nothing to do with Texas, as I was a bit disappointed when he choose Texas without listening to what the other universities were offering him at the time. Great that it all worked out.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been watching him since the doctor spanked him. The minute he screamed out like that I knew he was headed for the football Hall of fame. Then, I could tell by the way he waddled in those pampers and shuffled back and forth. He's a natural. I saw him throw a peanut at his sister and I knew he'd hit Andre Johnson (oh, I knew about him too) for many touchdowns.

PS-P-Buch threw peanuts at his sister too, but he missed....and she kicked his ***.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Well, I have to admit I'm a RoseBowl fan......... 2004 that is. That was the first game I really watched where Vince did more than run. I watched every UT game this year, because Jamal Charles is from my hometown......Port Arthur, TX, and he and my nephew are friends.
Old 02-16-2006   #16
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Thunderkyss my mom is for PA graduated from Lincoln up there. Used to visit my step grandfather there before we hit Baltimore. Best Boudin I ever tasted from the market. Damn you just took me back pimpin.

Last edited by Coach C.; 02-16-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Coach C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #17
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 49241 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Thunderkyss my mom is for PA graduated from Lincoln up there. Used to visit my step grandfather there before we hit Baltimore. Best Budann I ever tasted from the market. Damn you just took me back pimpin.
Boudin
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #18
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I watched every UT game this year, because Jamal Charles is from my hometown......Port Arthur, TX, and he and my nephew are friends.
Don't mean to hijackt this thread, but Charles is a special athlete. He nearly set the record in hurdles while weighing 15-20 lbs more than any other competitor.
Old 02-16-2006   #19
Snapple
Veteran

I went to UT, but that doesn't mean I suck up to every guy who played football at UT.

Chris Simms? Screw him. I'm not going to be a homer for Chris Simms.

Vince Young is something special though. I've known this for a long time, and I didn't need to see the Rose Bowl for me to think that he would do well in the NFL. I think that the fact that it TOOK this year's Rose Bowl, one friggin' game, for his stock to climb, just shows how imperfect scouting is.

The Rose Bowl didn't affect my opinion of Vince Young. Not one bit.

But yes, I was a Longhorn. Feel free to hold that against me.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #20
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
Man that is harsh! I am a UT fan but I don't hate A&M, especially to that point you hate UT.
The loser always hates the winner more. If A&M dominated Texas the way Texas dominates A&M, Texas fans would hate A&M more. It's like that with most rivalries. I too don't mind A&M. I root for them when they are not playing Texas.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read