Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2004   #141
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys Vs Texans Game Thread

Forgot about Peek. He looked really good as well. I think his Escalade is still running...
Old 08-15-2004   #142
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

The O-Line played very well, and they were without Wiegert. He played very well last season, and imagine how we'll look with him back in there between Wade and McKinney with Davis in the backfield. Can't wait for Sept. 12th.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #143
H-TownRules
Veteran

How bout Chad Stanley getting called for a facemask! I guess punters have to find ways to get out their frustrations as much as the other guys. Also, anyone see Tony Hollings accidentally stiff arm one of our own guys who got in his way? That was classic!
Old 08-15-2004   #144
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-TownRules
How bout Chad Stanley getting called for a facemask! I guess punters have to find ways to get out their frustrations as much as the other guys. Also, anyone see Tony Hollings accidentally stiff arm one of our own guys who got in his way? That was classic!
Yeah the ref messed up the number on that call. It was #27 Anderson who was guilty of the facemask. I didn't see the stiffarm of a fellow Texan by Hollings, but I did see him run over Starling when he got in his way. Knocked Starling down, and got another 4 yards or so. Looked as if Starling was playing D for the Boys instead of playing O for the Texans.
Old 08-15-2004   #145
H-TownRules
Veteran

Yeah that is to which i am referring. My entire section laughed about that for a good half quarter. I wonder if Starling did something to make Hollings mad? lol.
Old 08-15-2004   #146
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Even More Pics from the game. This time from Yahoo Sports.

Old 08-15-2004   #147
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like the "ACE" formation (HB FB 2TE 2WR) on 1st and 2nd down. Lets them play some smashmouth football and really helps set up the play action. The completion to Bruener was set up by Hollings run earlier. I thought Carr did a good job of selling the fake.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-15-2004   #148
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan
I really like the "ACE" formation (HB FB 2TE 2WR) on 1st and 2nd down. Lets them play some smashmouth football and really helps set up the play action. The completion to Bruener was set up by Hollings run earlier. I thought Carr did a good job of selling the fake.
Are you sure there's a FB in that package? Add the QB and the 5OL and you end up with 12 players on the field. I believe there is just a single back, the HB, and the 2 TEs and 2 WRs.

I must say they did very well out of that formation. Seemed to be very successful running and throwing it. I believe that was the one Bruener had his 27 yard catch, and gave a lift to Hunter of the Cowboys.
Old 08-15-2004   #149
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Are you sure there's a FB in that package? Add the QB and the 5OL and you end up with 12 players on the field. I believe there is just a single back, the HB, and the 2 TEs and 2 WRs.

HA! Yes that would make a powerful formation if we could get away with it! You're right, there was no FB in that set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I must say they did very well out of that formation. Seemed to be very successful running and throwing it. I believe that was the one Bruener had his 27 yard catch, and gave a lift to Hunter of the Cowboys
Yeah, thats the play. I liked it when Roy Willams went Jeff Van Gundy vs. Alonzo Mourning and took a two yard ride on Bruener's ankle before being left in the dust.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #150
JustBonee
Hall of Fame

What I got from last night's game ...

Hollings and Robinson are really speedy!!
And David Carr needs a haircut! ..
JustBonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #151
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't wait to see the tape of this whole game on monday...NFL Network tape-delays Texan preseason games until Monday mid-morning. The highlights were impressive. One side note: WAY TO GO, ROOKIES. But dang, Hollings...such talent, but could you please stop spraying your hands with Pam before you get into the game??? I hope he remembers what happened to Stacey Mack after he developed a case of the butterfingers.

Oh, and yes, I did say that I didn't care about the results of a preseason game. I see now that I was lying. It may be preseason, but it's STILL a little whuppin' for the pokes. That's never a bad thing!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #152
TexanNut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
Can't wait to see the tape of this whole game on monday...NFL Network tape-delays Texan preseason games until Monday mid-morning.
To be more specific, it's at noon on Monday.
TexanNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004   #153
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

for all of those of you lucky enough to live in Houston area and not have to watch Dallas stations, however you didn't get to see lemonface jones as he had to talk about the game at halftime. Even better was seeing him try and find something good to say about Cowboys, I would have offered him the bon mot....well at least this half of game is over.....

We looked awesome both 1st teams was impressed when 2nd stringers got out and made Cowboys go 3 and out, so think we are gelling like magellan (OUCH)

I think as long as we stay injury free this preseason and start season healthy and stay healthy we are going to suprise a lot of NFL knowitalls

Go Texans...sure not realistic but wouldn't it be fun year after we host Super Bowl to go to Jacksonville's stadium and play for all the marbles
BigDTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read