Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-14-2004   #121
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowboys Vs Texans Game Thread

SAFETY, UNGH!!!!

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #122
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
NAHHHH I hope Capers brings down the book on Hollings. 3 fumbles is pure Horse Manure!
Didnt Ahman Green have 4 fumbles against Philly last year during the reg. season??? At least this was in preseason...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #123
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Lord with a INT!!!!!!!!! We shutout the Girls!!!!!!!!!

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #124
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

INT for Lord.

TEXANS SERVE THE CRYBOYS A DONUT!
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #125
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now LORD!!! Wow.... I'm IMPRESSED. 18-0 win... first preseason win in over a year, and first home preseason win ever.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #126
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Did anyone catch the start of SportsCenter? They led off with the Texans Cowboys. Although they didn't give much credit to the Texans defense, and instead blamed it on the Cowboys offense. Still a shut out

Last edited by texasguy346; 08-14-2004 at 11:15 PM.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #127
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

What was the result of the Metro experiment? The stadium never did look full and everybody went to tailgate the 4th quarter. Just curious if they'll go back to the park and ride.

Texans looked sharp. Cowboys looked bored and uninspired. I don't like that contact rule at all.

Henson looked ok; he'll be playing before the year is over. Julius Jones looks really fast and good. Maybe Bill knew what he was doing. I was impressed with Hollings although the fumbles are a problem. TE's look very good for the Texans.

Typical preseason game. I missed the Texans player that got hurt. I hope he's ok.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2004   #128
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Great job Houston. It was a typical horrible pre season game for Dallas. Oh well

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #129
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
Typical preseason game. I missed the Texans player that got hurt. I hope he's ok.
It was Anderson. It looked as if his ankle got twisted, and a Cowboy rolled overtop of it. He looked to be in a lot of pain, but hopefully it's nothing serious.

Here's a good article about the game from ESPN.

BTW Carr's QBRat = 152.6
Old 08-14-2004   #130
SportsLover83
Rookie

What a game. We did so well gosh.

My Domanick wasnt even playing just imagine what the score would of been then!!
SportsLover83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #131
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the Texans are set at RB. Hope he's ok.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #132
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Here's some photos from the game courtesy of NFL.com.

This one looks painful.

This was the only time a blue jersey touched Carr I believe.
Old 08-14-2004   #133
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead83
Starling is pretty elusive. DocterJ, I agree it's nothing to get too excited over, but at the same time are you trying to tell me that Dallas doesn't have a good defense? Our offense performed real well against a great defense, IMO.

Oh they have a good defense, but corner is a weakness. Big weakness, Hunter still looks lost. So, the only solid one they have is Newman. Cowboys playoff run was a fluke, and they will prove that this year by going 7-9
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #134
Blake

The Texans played exeptional, that was really an oustanding performance by them in the first couple of quarters. They seem poised to do something this season...hopefully my Boys get they're act togeather. The only people I noticed to well on the Cowboys today were Julius Jones and Drew Henson (except for one interception) sigh...
Old 08-14-2004   #135
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Some people are calling the Cowboys effort tonight uninspired. Most would say that they looked in disarray. Which is understandable, since they were playhing without their starter at QB for the last couple of years. I will say that Drew Henson looked pretty darned good for having laid off so long. Dallas will someday figure the 3rd round draft choice they had to give up to the Texans to get him was peanuts.

On the other hand the Texans may well have turned the corner from expansion team to a contender. Lets hope so, barring injuries, which can jump up and ruin the year for any NFL team. For the long deserving fans of Houston and the Gulf Coast area, its about bloody time!
Old 08-14-2004   #136
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
INT for Lord.

TEXANS SERVE THE CRYBOYS A DONUT!
I was thrilled with Lord's performance throughout the game. He seemed to do very well, and the INT was just the icing on the cake.
Old 08-14-2004   #137
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNghoRn-TeXaN
Are you telling me scoring 13 points against the best defense in 2003 (yards wise) isnt impressive? David Carr looks like John Elway.

GOOO TEXANS!!!

Ok now your really going overboard lol. Not even close, sorry. Cowboys wont even have a top 15 defense this year, Im telling you last year was a 1 year wonder. They are even weaker this year at corner, and lost Darren for a little. They will be tough in running game but passing game they will get lit up. When Carr takes us to a superbowl and wins, then you can say he looks like John Elway, but even if he throws 40td's and 5int's, then loses the superbowl, you still can't compare him to John Elway....
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004   #138
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take it. I was more impressed with the intensity of the team throughout the whole game. A pre-season game is just that but in all a good start.
Old 08-14-2004   #139
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoCt3rJ
When Carr takes us to a superbowl and wins, then you can say he looks like John Elway, but even if he throws 40td's and 5int's, then loses the superbowl, you still can't compare him to John Elway....
You can compare him to an early John Elway. Remember that John didn't win a SB till the last couple years of his career when he got Terrell Davis.

As far as the Dallas defense, I don't think they'll be number one this year, but they will still be pretty good. The Dallas offense looks like it might struggle this year, and that would mean more snaps for the defense. More snaps mean more yards therefore they'll drop in total defense (yards wise). I still expect them to be toward the middle of the pack if not the top half of the league with Parcells coaching them. However, the Texans defense will be top 10. Only the Ravens and Texans shut out their opponents in their first preseason game thus far. LoL OK that might be a bit overboard comparing the Ravens D to the Texans D, but can you blame me for gettin a little carried away?
Old 08-14-2004   #140
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Keyshawn and D-Rob keep talking smack to each other...
I just got back from the game and it was awesome.

Dunta the player of the game!! He said after the game that he had no idea what Keyshawn was saying but he was sure he was talking to him because he could hear him talking and Keyshawn was looking at him!! D-Rob has incredible closing speed. Real impressed with Bruener's play. He was a load to bring down on the pass play. Petey continued to impress, as did most of the secondary. The o-line looked good, I saw Wand deliver at least one pancake block. It was on a Hollings run. Him and Pitts opened some nice holes on the left side. Hollings has got to learn how to hold on to the rock. But, Wells looked good too, so if Hollings can't hold on we'll see more of Jonathon I think. Carr looked like a leader, Sears and DeLoach looked good. The backup punter even looked good...........

Drew looked pretty good but he had absolutely no pressure most of the time. Julius Jones had a nice 2nd half. I don't think he played in the first half. 8 carries and 57 yards. You can bet that the Tuna is not a happy camper.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read