Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: What should the Texans do in the draft?
Draft Bush 1st 20 22.47%
Draft Young 1st 18 20.22%
Draft someone else 1st 2 2.25%
Trade the #1 pick 37 41.57%
I truly don't care, i'll support the team either way as long as it helps them win. 12 13.48%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2006   #1
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default What should the Texans do in the draft?

Vote.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Trade the pick....

or draft Vince Young.

so far, I'm the one vote for trade the pick.
Old 02-16-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

I voted to trade the #1 only because there is a chance to get 4-5 very nice picks in the first 66.I probably should have voted it does'nt matter,because i will be there at the end of 2032,if still alive rooting on my 16-0 or 0-16 Texans.
Old 02-16-2006   #4
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

This one is pretty easy if we can find a trade partner in the Jets or Packers then we make the trade, if not we take Bush or Mario Williams. Yeah I know Mario with the number 1 pick, well if he puts up a combine like I am hoping then hell yeah we take him number 1.
Old 02-16-2006   #5
kingdee09
Rookie

i say we take young i think he will most def. be effective on the offensive side of the ball. VY and DD great combo. more effective than DC and RB. VY is the way to go and thats who i voted for pick 1. but even though VY will most likely sit his first year he would still be a great piece of puzzle to this offence.
kingdee09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #6
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Quote:
Trade the pick....

or draft Vince Young.

so far, I'm the one vote for trade the pick.
Thunder, did we lose you from the VY camp? don't tell me it was the suit, lol.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I've always been in the trade down camp..... but I'll continue to argue for Vince.

That Bush bowl crap was scary....

If we are going to do something senseless, like add another running back to our stable...... I'd much rather burn the pick on what may very well be the quarterback of the 21st cetury.

Edit: Do not mistake this as support for Carr. I still think at most he's going to be average......... You can win a lot of games, with an avg QB, and that's all I want. To win Games, and be respectable..............
Old 02-16-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A New QB
oh man that is real Boyy thaz how i feel
is it that hard to type in normal english?
Old 02-16-2006   #9
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Anyway, I say the Texans should draft the guy in my avatar.
Old 02-16-2006   #10
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning is THE QB of the 21st century with or without a Super Bowl Ring.
Old 02-18-2006   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default D'Bick

Make the trade if you can, draft the left tackel regaurdless.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #12
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss

Anyway, I say the Texans should draft the guy in my avatar.
Nice avatar

Where is option, trade down, but if you cant get great value, then take Bush?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #13
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT
Nice avatar

Where is option, trade down, but if you cant get great value, then take Bush?
Sorry about that DC ROCK
Old 02-18-2006   #14
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I think we should trade down if we get a good enough offer. I would be happy with D'Brick or Mario. I could even live with drafting someone else, I just don't want to pay first pick money to anyone.
Old 02-18-2006   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Peyton Manning is THE QB of the 21st century with or without a Super Bowl Ring.
brady is better
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #16
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
the patriots are better
fixed that for you
Old 02-18-2006   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

So your saying the patriots have a better offense than the colts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006   #18
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

The Patriots as a team might be better or atleast were better but that has nothing tho do with wich QB is better.

Quote:
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Old 02-18-2006   #19
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp
The Patriots as a team might be better or atleast were better but that has nothing tho do with wich QB is better.

i am 99% sure he will say brady is better because of the 3 rings.
Old 02-18-2006   #20
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo3883
i am 99% sure he will say brady is better because of the 3 rings.
I was talking to you not him.

Quote:

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read