Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-15-2006   #1
TheManTheMyth
Rookie

Default do you think the cheifs would trade their pick (20) and L J for # 1 pick

Do you think the chiefs would do this or is this even a good idea just a thought
TheManTheMyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #2
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

No LJ is a Proven Stud I wouldnt even do it heads up if was the chiefs.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #3
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManTheMyth
Do you think the chiefs would do this or is this even a good idea just a thought
Correct me if I am wrong but couldn't any team have gotten Shawn Alexander or Edge last year for a 3rd round pick.

I don't think either team would do this.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #4
Frills
Veteran

not just no...
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #5
dcarey20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManTheMyth

hmmmmmm, 1700+ yards in only 9 starts and he is only 26 years old. he has the most value of any player right now. he is probably the best offensive player in the game

why would they do that
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006   #6
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Carl Peterson would be insane to do that.
Old 02-15-2006   #7
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Not a chance, but if we trade with the Jets or Packers and get their first next year, then we could possibly be in line for a guy similar to him in Adrian Peterson next year.
Old 02-15-2006   #8
Samer
Veteran

If I were Houston I would jump all over it, chance to get LJ would be awesome but KC wouldnt do it
Old 02-15-2006   #9
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Never would KC do something that stupid.
Old 02-16-2006   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he starts the whole season last year he could have absolutly shattered Dickersons record they would laugh CC out of their office.
Old 02-16-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

KC would put holmes in that trade before LJ...
Old 02-16-2006   #12
whiskeyrbl

There is a guy similar to him in this years draft,look at the bio on Cedric Humes RB Virginia Tech @ www.nfldraftcountdown.com
Old 02-16-2006   #13
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Whiskey Ced Humes is a big bruising back that does not have that size/speed/agility combo that LJ has. Adrian Peterson will be the closest thing to that coming up here.
Old 02-16-2006   #14
whiskeyrbl

Granted he is not a clone,but not wanting to wait to next year this is a guy that could be picked up in the middle rds,for alot less money,with good results IMO.He is 6'1 233 4.58/40 as compared to Bush @ 6'0 200 4.44/40. The reason i bring this comparison is Bush is being said to be a once in a lifetime back. However you have people saying he is to small and not an every down back. Ok here is your bigger stronger back just slightly slower 1/100th of a second.His Bio for those who have not read it is(Shortened version) Powerful,bruising back who hits hole fast with authority. Is a good athlete who breaks alot of tackles and is a load to bring down. Is a decent reciever and a great blocker. Just feel he could fill a need for an offset of DD and also provide 3rd and 2 back or goal line threat,and provide much needed pass protection for DC.
Old 02-16-2006   #15
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wow, I mean That would be a BOLD trade of them to do such.

Can't see it benefitting KC in the least though.
Old 02-16-2006   #16
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

if KC was going to trade a big name, it'd more likely be tony gonzalez. they've got younger TE's that they've been grooming and gonzalez (atleast what a kc buddy is telling me) would be the first look as trade bait. i'm on the fence on whether i'd take gonzales & the 20th, but i'm sure carr would be all over it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read