Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-14-2006   #1
Doom Capers
Veteran

Default ESPN.com poll

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Check down at the bottom and vote for David! I think we all are surprised with the results, and how many people actually voted.
Doom Capers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #2
samomin
Veteran

Funny, only the state of Michigan thinks otherwise while Oregon coming close to 50%. Not even the neighbouring states are cofident.
Old 02-14-2006   #3
zeplin
Veteran

Can 100,000 people be wrong. One glitch it should have read with D'Brickshaw Fergusan not !Reggie Bush!
Old 02-14-2006   #4
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Is Joey Harrington a product of Michigan?
Old 02-14-2006   #5
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

The Detroit Lions are
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #6
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilTanker
The Detroit Lions are
True.. but I figured the fans there would be harder on him than any other state...
Old 02-14-2006   #7
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i would venture to say that if joey starts for detroit he will have a better statistical season than carr.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2006   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
i would venture to say that if joey starts for detroit he will have a better statistical season than carr.

Your just plain crazy. Carr has had better career numbers to this point. I know thats not saying much, but Joey has only been sacked 77 times compared to 208 times Carr.

Carr has a career completion rate of 57.8, Harrington - 54.7. Harrington has also has never thrown for over 57 % and I think everyone on here can say that Harrington has had better receivers over his carrer compared to Carr. Over the last 2 seasons Carr has thrown for 61.2% and 60.5%.

David Carr - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268

Joey Harrington - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302199

Carr is the better QB and will have a great year this year under the new staff!!

texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

thanks for reposting this.

I'm not that surprised with the results, since the texans seem to be liked by many.
Old 02-14-2006   #10
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Man, they forgot Vince with Domanick! I would like to see those numbers. Carr beating Joey in this poll is akin to being the tallest man at a midget convention.
Old 02-14-2006   #11
Frills
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
Man, they forgot Vince with Domanick! I would like to see those numbers. Carr beating Joey in this poll is akin to being the tallest man at a midget convention.
DD has proven he can neither block or stay healthy a full season.
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #12
Holden135
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
Is Joey Harrington a product of Michigan?
No he is from Oregon. That is why Oregon is close to 50/50.
Holden135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #13
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114
Your just plain crazy. Carr has had better career numbers to this point. I know thats not saying much, but Joey has only been sacked 77 times compared to 208 times Carr.

Carr has a career completion rate of 57.8, Harrington - 54.7. Harrington has also has never thrown for over 57 % and I think everyone on here can say that Harrington has had better receivers over his carrer compared to Carr. Over the last 2 seasons Carr has thrown for 61.2% and 60.5%.

David Carr - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/306268

Joey Harrington - http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302199

Carr is the better QB and will have a great year this year under the new staff!!

im taking in to account the magic powders martz has and sprinkles in to any QB he works with Warner Bulger all nobody's really before marts sprayed power sprinkles in to there arms.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr/Bush would have a better year, IMO. I think the Texans have a lot more going for them than the Lions do at this point. And besides, we're not Detroit. They've got a long history of losing and futility that would take us decades to acheive. For the time being, we have a more optimistic future in just our franchise's attitude and outlook.
Old 02-14-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

What is says to me is that Lion's fans appear as they feel Harrington just needs better coaching. Which is the same thing I gather from this board about Carr. Should we be surprised as many on this board have justified Carr's extension due to lack of coaching? Homerism has no boundaries.
Old 02-14-2006   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Homerism has no boundaries.
And neither does hatred, my friend.
Old 02-14-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
And neither does hatred, my friend.
Hey! I deserve that most often on this subject, but not this time as I was giving a statistical analysis. Not that I am qualified to give one.
Old 02-14-2006   #18
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

The survey is still strangely phrased to me. Why not just ask Carr/Kubiak vs Harrington/Martz?

Apples to oranges, if you ask me, and that's just the tip.
Old 02-14-2006   #19
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I'm not suprised. Most of the people throughout football know what Carr has had to deal with, or the lack there of. Most people aren't naive enough to believe that because of bad coaching, lack of protection and supporting cast, that Carr is somehow a bust. Seems fairly obvious to me. I forget who said it, but I think that it should be Kubiak complimenting Carr...makes for a more balanced poll.
Old 02-14-2006   #20
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I do agree since our offense is now being coached by a much better staff we do have a chance of Carr having a great season. With reggie bush at his back I beleive he will have a much better season then all the past seasons before. I HOPE
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read