Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tank Williams???

TexansR#1

Practice Squad
I believe Tank Williams is a FA this offseason, would it be smart for the Texans to possibly go and get him to help stop the run. Or should we stick with C.C. Brown and Glen Earl?

tank is a SS I think CC and Earl can handle that spot. I personally would look at a guy like Chris Hope from Pitts. He had more tackles and Ints than Polamalu this year and he is the one that they usually drop into coverage. I think him teamed with Earl and CC could be a nice safety duo out there. Plus Hope can hit and would bring that toughness our defense lacks.

I really like what Ive heard about Hope....seems like an unsung hero on a good Defense...would be be a pricey addition?

Pure Speculation.

Interesting you bring up Tank Williams, because he is high on Kubiak's list and very much on the Texans radar.

However, Kubiak apparently pictures him in the mold of an Ian Gold, a pure speed LB. From what I have heard, the teams believes that Tank could bulk up to 230-235lbs. and play on passing down situations as a LB. The latest has Peek playing LB on first down and rushing situations, with him moving to the DE position during passing situations. The team likes Tank Williams's ability in coverage as an LB and think he is a sure tackler who could handle the transition.

The team is more than content with Glenn Earl at SS. He only began to show the tip of the iceburge last season. Remember, Earl was a 4th rounder only because of an early season knee injury his senior year that prevented him from playing the majority of that season (before this he had a late first to mid-second round grade).

bdiddy said:
Pure Speculation.

Interesting you bring up Tank Williams, because he is high on Kubiak's list and very much on the Texans radar.

However, Kubiak apparently pictures him in the mold of an Ian Gold, a pure speed LB. From what I have heard, the teams believes that Tank could bulk up to 230-235lbs. and play on passing down situations as a LB. The latest has Peek playing LB on first down and rushing situations, with him moving to the DE position during passing situations. The team likes Tank Williams's ability in coverage as an LB and think he is a sure tackler who could handle the transition.

The team is more than content with Glenn Earl at SS. He only began to show the tip of the iceburge last season. Remember, Earl was a 4th rounder only because of an early season knee injury his senior year that prevented him from playing the majority of that season (before this he had a late first to mid-second round grade).

Thats really good to hear that they are High on Glenn Earl...I wonder what the team thinks of Babin @ DE?

TexansR#1 said:
I believe Tank Williams is a FA this offseason, would it be smart for the Texans to possibly go and get him to help stop the run. Or should we stick with C.C. Brown and Glen Earl?

It would be smart for yall to go get tank williams. But then again, i would'nt mind seeing the Redskins pick him up if Sean Taylor goes to the Big house for 46 years.

ClintonPortis26 said:
It would be smart for yall to go get tank williams. But then again, i would'nt mind seeing the Redskins pick him up if Sean Taylor goes to the Big house for 46 years.

He's in the NFL, he doesn't spend a minute in any cell.

Bdiddy i doubt they seriously want Tank at the LB spot due to the fact that Greenwood is about the same size as Ian Gold. He is not as fast, but comparable in most regards. Orr would play the DJ Williams part as the main blitzer and Wong, FA acquisition, or Rookie would fill in as the MLB. Not saying Tank is not a good option, but I could not see us paying the money he would require to move him to LB.

keep in mind that we did pick up terry pierce who was on the broncos roster for a few years and i believe he was a 2nd round pick in 2002...it was a weak linebacker class but with the right coaching this kid can produce

Back