Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2006   #1
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Ray Lewis in Houston

With Ray Lewis being upset and wanting out of Baltimore, what could be a better decision for the Texans, than to bring in Ray Lewis, and head a defense that has been , well let's say....................S-O-F-T!!!! With the Texans switching to a 4-3 defense, and Lewis preferring that style, he would be a perfect addition to a team that needs to add passion, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Most teams don't like to trade within the division, but with houston not posing that much of a threat to the NFL who knows! Kubiak will bring in a great team atmosphere, the offense will add Bush and a free agent lineman, and the defense will switch to what they're better suited for anyway. How to bring in Lewis.........Trade Dominic Davis and second round pick, get Lewis and a born leader and renewed passion in Houston.....Baltimore wants a running back and with Davis being injury prone, let him go to Baltimore.........think about it!
Old 02-11-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Hmmm, thats a tough one. Wasn't he out for the '05 season? I'd love to have him, just not sure about his injuries and how much longer he'll last, he's been in the league 10 yrs. Plus, giving up DD, nah, i'll pass.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #3
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default 10 years!!!

Ray Lewis is a 8 yr vet, from the "U" I might add, and I'll take his injuries over DD. With Bush most likely coming to Houston, why not add muscle and passion in the middle of the defense. He may not want to come to a team rebuilding, but we need to add some form of passion to the defensive side of the ball. Every FA keeps saying how Houston is an attractive team to go to, and we seem to get some, let's try adding a true top player that will place attitude in the locker room. Robinson, Smith, Peek, and Lewis......whoa! Nice attitude to me!
Old 02-11-2006   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably not. He would be BIG $$$$ and he is at the end of his career. Sure would put some junkyard dog into the defense though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #5
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Baltimore isn't in our division so the not wanting to trade within the division doesn't apply here, unless you meant conference.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #6
Rookie

Default He'd Bring Attitude!

He would help a bad defense in more ways than just the plays he makes on the field. He will bring a kick butt attitude that would not accept mediocrity and half effort.

As far as giving up DD for him, it would be great, but the blackbirds would never go for that deal, and other than David Carr, who has some trade stock, the Texans don't have a whole lot they can give for him, and besides, I truly doubt the blackbirds are as dumb as the Texans, and would never give him up for David Carr, even if they needed a QB.

Concerning Reggie Bush, if you think he will replace DD as an every down back, you missing the boat. Reggie was not even an every down back at SC and certainly was not in there when they needed the critical 1 foot in the RB. Reggie was a great college back and has great instincts in the open field, but IMO will end up being more of a receiver, than a back.

For all of you who think RB is a God, just remember the picture of RB being shadowed, step for step, on a go route by a UT freshman linebacker. Reggie is not as fast as he seemed against the slow footed pac 10 defenses. Remember, the pros are loaded with linebackers that are as fast as that UT linbacker.

The Texans are *****s if they fall for the ESPN hype and waste the #1 pick on Reggie Bush. If they don't take VY, who has tremendously more longterm upside as a pro and is a local hero to boot, then they need to trade the pick and pick up depth.

Go Texans!
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

While Ray Lewis has been one of the great defensive players of all time, I have to wonder at this point what you're getting. Are you buying the reputation? Or will he be as hungry as he was several yeas ago? If it's all about the jack, no way will we win that bidding war. And at this point in his career, with a ring in his pocket, he might be looking to get whatever he can before it ends.

I don't blame him, but he'll be too rich for our blood.
Old 02-11-2006   #8
Nighthawk
All Pro

Ray Lewis would be a killer addition to our corpse.

Last edited by Nighthawk; 02-11-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #9
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 16 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

Ray Lewis would bring some vet leadership (along with a SB ring) to our team -- if we could get him I think it would be a solid move.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Ray Lewis is a 8 yr vet
Wrong. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3831
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Ed Reed out of Baltimore
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #12
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even want that murderer coming into our stadium for a tour.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #13
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overalls
We signing OJ?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would much rather have Ray Lewis than Terrell Owens. Lewis hasn't been known to break up a locker room. And wasn't he charged not guilty of murder?
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I would much rather have Ray Lewis than Terrell Owens. Lewis hasn't been known to break up a locker room. And wasn't he charged not guilty of murder?
yes, but an accusation is as good as a fact to some people.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #16
Iceman
Rookie

Quote:

I'd like to see him come to Houston just to chase some of the New Orleans folks back home.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #17
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was a heck of a player. If he still has it, then heck yea its a good deal.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #18
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

I can't say that I wouldn't mind having Ray Ray here, but how much is it going to cost the Texans? His leadership would be a great asset, and he'd be a driving force for the rest of the D. I dunno, it would be interesting.
Old 02-12-2006   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

He was defensive player of the year two years ago, yet now a lot of poeple have claimed he has lost it. If he approaches this with a chip on his shoulder, determined to prove people wrong, he could still be one of the top 10 defensive players in the league. If not, we will still get a great leader who would still improve our D. However, I think the #33 would be enough tp get Ray Ray without throwing in DD. Baltimore is going to be rebuilding and they will want all the new talnet they can have, getting rid of and aging and injured Lewis, if he truly wants out of Baltimore, this could work out for everyone.
Old 02-12-2006   #20
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Ray Lewis would bring some vet leadership (along with a SB ring) to our team -- if we could get him I think it would be a solid move.
Isnt that the same thing we said about Jamie Sharper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read