Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2006   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82184 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Post $ where your mouth is.

OK. The DC extension has come and gone with, at the very least, mixed reactions.
So, I propose that we all put our money where our mouths are in a sticky thread containing our predictions of his future performance/success with the Texans.
I want to see some very specific predictions, stats included. We may decide to/or not to include such team success related predictions such as playoff berths and/or SB appearances.
I will make my prediction, and that may serve as a guide to the kind of prediction that I am proposing.

Statistically, I expect DC to achieve these individual stats, in a single season.

Within two years i predict that DC will have(in a single season):

3,500+yds passing/ 24+tds / 16> INTs / 350+yds rushing / 3+ rushing TDs

Let the games begin... I am sure that i am not in the majority, but that will make it that much sweeter if i prove to be correct.
Moderators... this thread may not be worthy of sticky(ness, dom, etc...) but it should be at least as entertaining as many other threads, sticky or otherwise...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 130554 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to sticky a thread for two years. Make whatever prediction you want and bookmark it or put in nice key words to search for later. It would probably be better to sum up where the posters stand after the draft and FA.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #3
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
Can I have some of what you're smoking?
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not making any predictions until I see what players we pick up. I probably won't even do that until I get to see them play at least a pre-season game. Right now, nobody but the FO has any real idea of what the Texans will look like next season.

Although we can post hopeful stats. I'd love to see the stats from DC you mentioned, michaelm. That would mean that we're probably posting some Ws, too.
Old 02-11-2006   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are some key words...

David Carr MVP Super Bowl
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #6
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll make my prediction and hope that im wrong

david carr season next year

less than 2500 yards passing
11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Ok, Carr 3500 yds passing, 22 Td's, 9 Int's next season (8-8)
Carr 3800 yards passing 27 Td's, 12 Int's season after next (10-6) make playoffs.
Old 02-11-2006   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

really? or sarcasm? .. I would think Kubiak could get better numbers than that out of him.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

il make my prediction after the draft and FA
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12
These look more like the stats Vince would put up if he played his rookie year. Carr won't throw more INTs than TDs, and Kubiak will get a lot more production out of the offense than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
Ok, Carr 3500 yds passing, 22 Td's, 9 Int's next season (8-8)
Carr 3800 yards passing 27 Td's, 12 Int's season after next (10-6) make playoffs.
This looks a little more accurate.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #11
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
really? or sarcasm? .. I would think Kubiak could get better numbers than that out of him.

not a reflection on carr so much as a reflection on this teams continued failure to get something going on the offensive line...until they address this and i see it, i have to stay with my negative predictions. blast me if you want, but im not optimistic. Still cheering, but saddened.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 02-11-2006   #12
whiskeyrbl

I think Carr will be in a better system this year so i see it as
2850 yrds passing
16 tD
9 int
3 rush td
only 26 sacks!
Old 02-11-2006   #13
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I think Carr will have a more productive season next year, definitely better than this year. I think the Texans will end up about 7-9 with Carr finishing 14 of those games. The blocking schemes will improve, but Carr will still take an above average beating and his body won't bounce back as quickly in season five. The amount of big hits Carr has taken over his first 4 seasons is a huge concern IMHO. I'm assuming he has passed his physicals with flying colors though - hence the big contract.
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #14
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

I need to see our moves in FA and the Draft. I'll come back and post my predictions then.

But if everything stayed the same, I expect the coaching and scheme alone to lead to a 10%-20% improvement.

A new recieving threat in a new TE or Reggie Bush, improvement from Mathis, more openings for Andre. Better O-line. All this adds up to a break out year for Carr. Hopefully the people around Carr step it up next year.

LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #15
Samer
Veteran

I think he will get
3200 Passing Yards
21 TD's
14 INTs
Old 02-11-2006   #16
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm
OK. The DC extension has come and gone with, at the very least, mixed reactions.
So, I propose that we all put our money where our mouths are in a sticky thread containing our predictions of his future performance/success with the Texans.
I want to see some very specific predictions, stats included. We may decide to/or not to include such team success related predictions such as playoff berths and/or SB appearances.
I will make my prediction, and that may serve as a guide to the kind of prediction that I am proposing.

Statistically, I expect DC to achieve these individual stats, in a single season.

Within two years i predict that DC will have(in a single season):

Let the games begin... I am sure that i am not in the majority, but that will make it that much sweeter if i prove to be correct.
Moderators... this thread may not be worthy of sticky(ness, dom, etc...) but it should be at least as entertaining as many other threads, sticky or otherwise...

I would say he gets 3000+ yds, 22td's, 12int, 300+ yds on the ground, and maybe 4td's. Could be better though if they pick up some quality people this off season. You know draft and FA.
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #17
Texans86
All Pro

I'm pretty sure Carr could throw for 3500+ yards next season. People have to remember that he reached over 3000 yards only two years ago. The '05 season was a season from hell, and Carr got a few bruises, but he can still sling the ball. I'm going with:

Nest Season
Passing Yards: 3300+
Passing TD's: 24
INTs: 10
Rushing Yards: 300
Rushing TD's: 2
Old 02-11-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:

11 tds
17 ints

sacked 45 times
texans go 4-12

so making a prediction people are unhappy with gets me hit twice with the negative rep? come on now....this isnt right. Honest discourse....and i completely explained my logic behind the prediction a couple of posts down.....geez...you people.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 02-11-2006   #19
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

I don't know how he'll do whether it's with the Texans or if he's to be traded (save all the false hope replies, it could happen).

I do want to point out that his decent #'s in '04 were mostly in part to a good start to the 1st 6-8 games but declined in the second half of the season. And we all know abot the entire '05 season. Picked up right where he left off if you ask me.

Like to point as well that the staff we had here seems to be taking way too much of the blame for the dismal season(s). Most of them were experienced at their trade but failed to get it done. Now I ask, was it the coaching or was it the players or was it both? Obviously it was both but was it 50% 50& or 60% 40% or ect...

And what is with this $ where your mouth is junk, you taking bets or something. Jerek likes to bet.
Old 02-11-2006   #20
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think considering Carr has thrown more TDs than INTs the past 2 years indicates that with a real coach and a better offense around him he will once again throw more TDs. Still, a good QB should throw 10 more TDs than INTs. Right now, Carr can be considered average. He needs to break the 20 mark this season.

3300 yards
21 TDs
11 Ints
Texans to an 8-8 record.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read