Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2006   #1
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default Big Trade

Right now we have good NFL DTs on our roster. Payne, Walker, Smith, and Johnson. All of these guys are starter material, but none of them are able to get a great pass rush.

Now I think Smith is the best DT on our roster and Johnson was a first round draft pick in 05 and he played DT in college. Now Payne and Walker are both on the downside of their carrer.

Do you guys think we could package a deal with both of these guys for anyone that could help the team.

I know that these guys arent a hot commodity right now, but could they be traded for anyone worth anything to the team.
Old 02-10-2006   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be about $10,000,000 in dead money against the cap in 06'. Are you ready for that?
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #3
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Right now we have good NFL DTs on our roster. Payne, Walker, Smith, and Johnson. All of these guys are starter material, but none of them are able to get a great pass rush.

Now I think Smith is the best DT on our roster and Johnson was a first round draft pick in 05 and he played DT in college. Now Payne and Walker are both on the downside of their carrer.

Do you guys think we could package a deal with both of these guys for anyone that could help the team.

I know that these guys arent a hot commodity right now, but could they be traded for anyone worth anything to the team.
I think they are at the age point that the guranteed money is to big of a hurdle for another team to jump over. I think we paid to much and we will live with the aftermath of both those deals for a few more.
Old 02-10-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Walker would cost a lot more to trade than keep so I don't see him going anywhere, Payne maybe. I doubt anyone would take both of them in one trade though since no team is really going to want to get two old expensive DTs together. Maybe we could package Payne, Coleman and one of our OLinemen (maybe McKinney) and get a 4th round pick out of it.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read