Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2006   #1
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan
Default something we've taken for granted.

David Carr is as tough as nails. we know he'll get sacked, but he'll get up every time. most teams dont have that.
Old 02-10-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't dispute that, but then again Jimmy Super Fly Snuka was tough as nails to.
Old 02-10-2006   #3
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Can't dispute that, but then again Jimmy Super Fly Snuka was tough as nails to.

that guy was great but he couldn't throw the deep out ..... now Roddy Piper had a arm
Old 02-10-2006   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
that guy was great but he couldn't throw the deep out ..... now Roddy Piper had a arm
"I came here to kick *** and chew bubble gum. And I am all out of bubble gum."

Classic Rowdy Roddy Piper.
Old 02-10-2006   #5
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
"I came here to kick *** and chew bubble gum. And I am all out of bubble gum."

Classic Rowdy Roddy Piper.

I can beat that ...

"I'm the reason Hulk Hogan lost his hair"
Old 02-10-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

carr gets sacked like groceries, but he still gets up for the next play. let him stay a while.
Old 02-10-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
I can beat that ...

"I'm the reason Hulk Hogan lost his hair"
Your name is Testosterone Cypionate?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2006   #8
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerFan
David Carr is as tough as nails. we know he'll get sacked, but he'll get up every time. most teams dont have that.

I rather see him get rid of the football or make a hot read on a Blitz for a slant pass before the sack! Alot of guys can sit there and take a hit. But how many guys can take the hit and make a completion for a 1st down. Big Difference.
Old 02-10-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Believe it or not but I believe that is the reason it would be fair to trade him and let him start anew somewhere else. As it is now it is a lose lose situation for this guy. If he is our starter next year he is gonna hear it after an icomplete pass or every sack. I think we say thank you to him by paying him his money and trading him to a team that is going to give him a fair shot again.

Don't get me wrong. I like Carr and wouldn't mind if he stays but I believe that if we get rid of him it will be a class move on our part too.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #10
Dean 74
Rookie

how kind of you.
Dean 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #11
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPatriot
I rather see him get rid of the football or make a hot read on a Blitz for a slant pass before the sack! Alot of guys can sit there and take a hit. But how many guys can take the hit and make a completion for a 1st down. Big Difference.
So basically DC should hit the quick slant on virtually every plass play.

Yea! That aught to fool Em the first 300 + attempts!!

This brings us back to the obvious need for a OL that can keep the DL off him for more than 1.5 secs.then DC can make that hot read and hit the slant.LOL
Old 02-10-2006   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33363 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
something we've taken for granted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Owner Bob McNair
David Carr is the person who can take us to the Super Bowl. Hes very resilient; hes only missed four games in four years, and hes taken more abuse than probably anybody in the history of football.
That has got to be the UNDERSTATEMENT of the year!
Old 02-10-2006   #13
CaptainPatriot
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to CaptainPatriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeplin
So basically DC should hit the quick slant on virtually every plass play.

Yea! That aught to fool Em the first 300 + attempts!!

This brings us back to the obvious need for a OL that can keep the DL off him for more than 1.5 secs.then DC can make that hot read and hit the slant.LOL
That and also to the TE. Take what the D gives you. Have a ? for you how many times did DC pass to the TE this yr? You don`t need 1.5 - 6 sec you need to see where the blitz is coming from at the snap. If you can't read the D doesn't matter how great the O-Line is .You can give DC all day long to pass if he can't do his progressions to find the open WR it won`t matter. How many times have you seen DC lock in on 1 WR. Bottom line is DC can't read Defenses. Like I said earlier in a thread time to stop giving excuses for DC with the O-Line issue. Hate to compare DC to Brady but Brady's O-Line wasn't that great either and running game was worse than Texans. The Difference is reading Defenses knowing were to throw in any giving situation.
Old 02-10-2006   #14
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
David Carr is mediocre.

No, he stinks.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read