Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2006   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Turn to ESPN right now: 1st and 10 to discuss Carr extension

Turn to ESPN cable channel now 2:49 p.m. to see discussion on extension and its possible implications.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Skip Bayless thinks McNair granted Kubiak and Reeves' decision to retain Carr, but that McNair will supposedly pressure Reeves and Kubiak to trade Carr and draft Vince Young. Bayless says he has Texans sources who claim Carr has "zero" leadership skills, and that Young is a natural leader. Bayless also says several NFL sources agree that Carr will never be more than a "pretty good" NFL QB.

Woody Paige counters by saying that the Texans will draft Bush. Paige says that McNair will rely on his talent evaluators (Kubiak and Reeves) who have recommended to retain Carr. Paige says the Denver o line has always been undersized, and that Kubiak and "the new o line coach and assistant coach" will improve that team with different blocking schemes, and that Kubiak wants a loaded backfield with Bush on board (as I have stated over and over, by the way). Paige ends it by saying that Bush is a quicker "get better" solution than going with Vince Young. He says he understands "why" Houston would get want to get Vince Young, but he believes Bush is the more stable route to go.

Let the mud slinging begin...
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 32563 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Skip Bayless thinks McNair granted Kubiak and Reeves' decision to retain Carr, but that McNair will supposedly pressure Reeves and Kubiak to trade Carr and draft Vince Young. Bayless says he has Texans sources who claim Carr has "zero" leadership skills, and that Young is a natural leader. Bayless also says several NFL sources agree that Carr will never be more than a "pretty good" NFL QB.

Woody Paige counters by saying that the Texans will draft Bush. Paige says that McNair will rely on his talent evaluators (Kubiak and Reeves) who have recommended to retain Carr. Paige says the Denver o line has always been undersized, and that Kubiak and "the new o line coach and assistant coach" will improve that team with different blocking schemes, and that Kubiak wants a loaded backfield with Bush on board (as I have stated over and over, by the way). Paige ends it by saying that Bush is a quicker "get better" solution than going with Vince Young. He says he understands "why" Houston would get want to get Vince Young, but he believes Bush is the more stable route to go.

Let the mud slinging begin...
So they both read this board, flipped a coin to take one side or the other, and repeated what has been said here countless times?
Old 02-10-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Skip Clueless has inside sources with the Texans?!

Fire those sources! Not for giving out information, but for giving out information to Skip!!

Mr. McNair has said time and time again that he hires the professionals and lets them do their jobs. I just don't see him being the puppetmaster that so many folks seem to portray. I'm sure he will part of the decision making process about our no. 1 pick, but I just can't fathom that he's basing his coaching decisions on keeping one freakin' player.

Bayless needs to stay on his gig with "Old Pizza". His usefulness on ESPN is marginal, at best (and I enjoy him as an entertainer, but his analytical skills have little to be desired, IMO).
Old 02-10-2006   #5
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Sice when did anybody take what thsoe two yahoo's said seriously. I mean c'mon Skip and Woody are more about the E in ESPN not the N.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #6
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Toss the janitorial staff. Someone has been spilling closely guarded secrets ... Seriously though, I think Skip and Miss Cleo are working together ...
Old 02-10-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I did not hear the interview, but I have heard Bayless and Paige and it usually sound something like this:

Bayless: Quack! Quack! Quack!

Paige: Caaaaawww! Caaaaaaw! Caaaaaaaw!

Tools should be kept in the toolbox.
Old 02-10-2006   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I did not hear the interview, but I have heard Bayless and Paige and it usually sound something like this:

Bayless: Quack! Quack! Quack!

Paige: Caaaaawww! Caaaaaaw! Caaaaaaaw!

Tools should be kept in the toolbox.
Dont you mean Ca Ca?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Dont you mean Ca Ca?
I believe it could be used in that form. I think I will need a judge's ruling.
Old 02-10-2006   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I dislike Skip Bayless more than any other guy on ESPN. The guy's about as cocky as TO and half the time knows nothing about sports. I don't like Woody Paige either which is why I don't watch 1st and 10. Whatever Skip Bayless says is usually a bunch of cow poop.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
Bayless also says several NFL sources agree that Carr will never be more than a "pretty good" NFL QB.
I also forgot to comment on this. There aren't many "elite" QB's in the NFL. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer. There are plenty of "pretty good" QB's in the NFL. David Carr turning into a pretty good QB wouldn't bother me one bit. It's not like it's a sure thing Vince Young will be an automatic Hall of Famer.
Old 02-10-2006   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 30085 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Dont you mean Ca Ca?
Quote:
Quote:
I believe it could be used in that form. I think I will need a judge's ruling.
I believe the original Portuguese dialect used the shortened version of the Latin form of Caaaawraaap. Being frugal with their words...the Portuguese Monks dropped the ending off the word thus giving us our current term Ca Ca.

Last edited by Texan Asylum; 02-11-2006 at 11:58 AM.
Texan Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #13
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

It was just on "Around the Horn" in the "buy or sell" portion of the show.

1 guy sold.. and his arguement wasnt very good either :P..basicly he said that the team has only won 16 games under Carr so why keep him.

the other three guys bought.. and they brought up the usual arguements.. lack of a line... completed over 60% of his passes. They also said that Kubiak is the perfect Coach to have for Carr and that Kubiak will make him a good QB.

funny: Woody Paige had a little chalkboard behind him with a picture drawn of Oswald the Rabbit on it
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
I also forgot to comment on this. There aren't many "elite" QB's in the NFL. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Carson Palmer. There are plenty of "pretty good" QB's in the NFL. David Carr turning into a pretty good QB wouldn't bother me one bit. It's not like it's a sure thing Vince Young will be an automatic Hall of Famer.
Don't forget Drew Brees, not too long ago he was about to get ran out of town and S.D. even drafted Rivers. And the Brees turned it around and went to a Pro Bowl. Just sayin', it's possible.
Old 02-10-2006   #15
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
So they both read this board, flipped a coin to take one side or the other, and repeated what has been said here countless times?
\\\

But which one is going to be Tails or A--.

What the heck do these guys know? They know nothing that they did not read on this board.
Old 02-10-2006   #16
c5demon
Rookie

Is this ESPN version of a good guy bad guy skit?
c5demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #17
bdiddy
Veteran

I cannot believe that I am going to advocate for Woody Paige. However, Paige did cover the Broncos in Denver for 20+ years, he has a relationship with Kubiak and Reeves. I can tell you he has a great deal more sources inside the Texans organization then Bayless.

Bayless has been a Carr hater for a while. However, if Carr is a "pretty good" quarterback with Bush, DD, and AJ - I will take this. Big Ben and Matt Hasslebeck are "pretty good" quarterbacks who just finished playing in the super bowl. It is not about who is going to be the best individual talent, but what pick will maximizes the value to the TEAM.

I agree with one thing Bayless said, Carr has very little leadership skills. He has to stop going home to his wife at least once a month to hang with the fellas. He needs to take the big uglies out to eat after every win. If the Texans give up less than 35 sacks this year, he need to buy every lineman a rolex, etc.
Old 02-10-2006   #18
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck, if the line only gives up 35 sacks this year, I will chip in for those meals!
Old 02-10-2006   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy

I agree with one thing Bayless said, Carr has very little leadership skills. He has to stop going home to his wife at least once a month to hang with the fellas. He needs to take the big uglies out to eat after every win. If the Texans give up less than 35 sacks this year, he need to buy every lineman a rolex, etc.
Well it said in Sports Illustrated than Carr got all his lineman paint ball guns. I think it's tradition for QB's to get their O-line something, or that's the way SI portrayed it. I don't know how much of a buddy Carr is with any of his teammates but I don't think he's a total loner.
Old 02-10-2006   #20
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

LOL, Skip Bayless is clueless. If there's anyone still unreasonably clinging to David Carr, it's McNair.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read