Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Is David Carr Good or Bad?
Good 129 74.57%
Bad 44 25.43%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2006   #1
Texans86
All Pro

Default Simple Poll on Carr Opinion

Is Carr good or bad? There's only two options. Either he's good and has been plagued by a bad line and insufficient supporting members, or it is completely his fault we have the first pick. With so many threads going around, I wasn't sure if the same people were posting the same thread multiple times, if Carr supporters were tired of giving responses, or if Carr had left bad taste in a majority of people's mouths.

Simple poll.
Old 02-10-2006   #2
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Wee this poll is really generating a lot of interest, 2 votes, 50 % right now!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #3
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

More a than b. Merry Christmas.
Old 02-10-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm voting good, even though I wouldn't mind seeing him replaced. There are a lot of Good QBs in the league... I don't want half of them starting for my team though.
Old 02-10-2006   #5
JohnGalt
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 JohnGalt is on the Pro-Bowl ballotJohnGalt is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Kubiak is going to put Carr in the ProBowl in the next few years.
Old 02-10-2006   #6
zeplin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
Is Carr good or bad? There's only two options. Either he's good and has been plagued by a bad line and insufficient supporting members, or it is completely his fault we have the first pick. With so many threads going around, I wasn't sure if the same people were posting the same thread multiple times, if Carr supporters were tired of giving responses, or if Carr had left bad taste in a majority of people's mouths.

Simple poll.
If we look at our QB compaired to the entire NFL QB pool we find that statistically even with the crappy OL that we currently have he is ranked in the middle of the pack. I find this incouraging. He has had some real bright spots over the last 4 years. I believe he needs to be coached by a real deal QB coach( like kubiak). I think I will wait and see what the new season brings. Steve young at Tampa Bay was terrible. Fast forward a few years to the superbowl MVP. Rich gannon played for 4 or 5 different teams befor the Raiders got him and he went to a superbowl.( Chucky is a former QB Coach)
If you have good pedigree, which DC does then if you teach him proper QB technique it should translate to a much better performance in 06.

GO TEXANS
Old 02-10-2006   #7
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I think we sure observe Kubes. Is he willing to gamble his future on Carr? Maybe he thinks Carr, Bush, a healthy AJ, an offensive line who should perform better in his offense and fewer injuries as starters play their own position will convert to better seasons.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Owner Bob McNair
Thank you for coming out. I’m really pleased today to announce that we’ve exercised our option to extend David Carr’s contract.“The quarterback is a key position and they’ve been evaluating that, and they have come to the same conclusion that we have and that many others have: David Carr is the person who can take us to the Super Bowl.
Good enough reason for a simpleton like me.
Old 02-10-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Woo woo, where are all of the Vincers?
Old 02-10-2006   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

How about you run this again after the Texans give Carr some tools to work with .... namely an O-line that can pass protect ..... Until then I cant make a decision

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

So... how long should we wait to see the real David Carr??
Old 02-10-2006   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Well we extended his contract for 3 more years...
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss

I'd like to see him at least a full season behind a solid O-line and have more than one reciever to throw to .... as long as his second threat is Corey Bradford I dont think that he has the neccessary weapons around him .... Maybe find him a TE as well.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Woo woo, where are all of the Vincers?
I dunno.....people with the big mouths, even if they are in the minority, get way too much attention. Now that Carr has been resigned, maybe the VY
people can find another forum to yap from. Lets hope so.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #15
mean mark8
Veteran

For all of you o-liners saying Carr hasn't had time, Kubiak said every sack is 50/50 the line and the QB, not 90/10, not 80/20, but 50/50. Kubiak thinks Carr is to blame for half of his 4-season high total. The schmuck also took a back-handed stab at VY to me by saying how if his hometown, Berkley, CA, not Houston, had a pro team they'd have clamored for him too. Didn't say Vince deserved any accolades, just how great he, David Carr, is. If Carr wants to live in Southern Cal, trade him to San Diego for Rivers, he's got more tread on his tires, then draft Young. I can't stand Carr's ego. If we don't trade, take him down a couple of notches by taking Young anyway. There needs to be real competition at our QB position. If everybody's starting on the same page with the new system, let there be open competition for every spot. Our team stunk last year, nobody's job should be a lock.
mean mark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #16
Wordem
Veteran

Look at his starting record. He's terrible.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #17
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Good...nuff said
Old 02-10-2006   #18
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote "Good."

Just in case any of the other 31 GM's in the league read this board for insight on trades.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #19
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Good. Things will get better for him. He has potential.
Old 02-10-2006   #20
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

imma have to say bad...he COULD be good, but i just havent seen it yet.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read