Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-10-2006   #1
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default I swung a deal in another mock draft...

Texans get:
Falcons first round pick
Falcons third round pick
CB DeAngelo Hall

Falcons get:
# 1 overall and he is takin Reggie Bush

What do you guys think of it....if you go by the Value chart im losing a little bit if you say that DeAngelo was the #8 overall pick...But you can easily say that he is as good or better than Dunta... plus @ 15 Im sure I can take a DE or Vernon Davis and with the 3rd a quality Ol or LB...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #2
Xman
Veteran

I like that in real life also.
Hall and Robinson would be formidable. With pick #15 we could get Huff (if he was still there - I might even package their 3rd to move up a couple of spots to get him), a stud TE or OT, or DE.

Normally, a team wouldn't part with a shutdown corner - but the idea of Vick and Bush in the same backfield is SCARY. Talk about SPEED. They might be able to bring the option back with those guys.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

I dont overly like the trade. You could use the two thirds to trade back into the second. Deangelo Hall is a good corner and would put us in good shape their. Just depends on what you are looking for, but I think you got snickered a bit on this one.
Old 02-10-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
I dont overly like the trade. You could use the two thirds to trade back into the second. Deangelo Hall is a good corner and would put us in good shape their. Just depends on what you are looking for, but I think you got snickered a bit on this one.
I agree, I think you didn't get great value for it. DeAngelo Hall and Dunta Robinson together would be real nice. Adding Huff at #15 would help solidify our DBs, or we could still go OL (Winston Justice or Eric Winston, it is far enough down in the draft that you could conceivably get one of these guys) or DE there. I still think you could get more value out of it than that, you ought to be able to get a good player and 3rd rounder out of a team in like the Jets position, and should get more from a team at #15.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #5
Dunta_23
All Pro

If it were real life and not only a 3 round mock I would have asked for more...but I figured 2 of the best young CB's in the league on the same team...plus the TE or DE I would get at 15 is better than the player I could get at # 1... I always prefer Defense over offense
Old 02-10-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Y'all are completely forgetting the cap implications. All of Hall's bonuses would go on Atlanta's cap meaning the Texans would be getting a very good to excellent CB at a bargain basement price. That adds value on top of his playing ability.
Old 02-10-2006   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You also could then use Buchannon or Petey in the nickel and dime respectively and allow them to play up on their man like they like to.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2006   #8
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess the real question is why would the Falcons do a trade like that? They ran the ball well last season with Dunn and Duckett. There is no guarantee they will come back, but with the blocking guru that is Alex Gibbs consulting there's no reason to think they couldn't do the same with other runners. They still need help in their defensive backfield so getting rid of their best corner wouldn't be a smart move. It's just my opinion, but the Falcons would be foolish to do that. Good trade for the Texans, though. I'd rather grab a Winston Justice if he is there, though. Great flexibility with 3 picks in the 3rd round. 5 Day one players that could end up adding some starting talent or depth.
Old 02-10-2006   #9
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Texans get:
Falcons first round pick
Falcons third round pick
CB DeAngelo Hall

Falcons get:
# 1 overall and he is takin Reggie Bush

What do you guys think of it....if you go by the Value chart im losing a little bit if you say that DeAngelo was the #8 overall pick...But you can easily say that he is as good or better than Dunta... plus @ 15 Im sure I can take a DE or Vernon Davis and with the 3rd a quality Ol or LB...
It's not a bad deal at all, in that you're getting two upper first round talents - at least one of which is at a position of critical need. Winston Justice, Vernon Davis, Chad Greenway/DeMeco Ryans, Tamba Hali and yes, even Huff would all be great complimentary picks. In fact, if you do nail two big needs in the first, it may make some sense to package two thirds to hop up into the low second after a OG Davin Joseph, C Nick Mangold, TE Marcedes Lewis or maybe even WR Chad Jackson.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats one of the better trade proposals Ive seen in a while. I think we could squeeze a little more out of them, even if it is a second day pick.
Old 02-10-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i like it, but i doubt that atlanta would let their 25 year old starting corner go just to get a rb. honestly i'd rather have hall on my team than bush. getting hall (dirt cheap as it was mentioned), plus a first rounder, plus a third rounder would be great IMO. we could still grab justice or mcneil, or keep beefing up the defense with hali, greenway, or huff. plus you can always count one someone to fall ... mario, hawk, or d'brick could still be around.

i'd take it in a heartbeat, but i doubt atlanta would.
Old 02-11-2006   #12
Dunta_23
All Pro

any other opinions?
Old 02-11-2006   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

unrealistic...no way the Falcons give up their top cover corner. I'm sure he would be a massive cap casualty.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

it is good but its like saying the jets would give us vilma in a trade with them-not goin to happen
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #15
Samer
Veteran

I would love to see it happent hough, would be awesome to beef up that defense of ours
Old 02-11-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

There's another poster on the Board who's got a much better deal: Oakland
exchanges their #1 and #3 this year (they are picking 6th), their 1st next year and Robert Gallery. Hey, if you're gonna dream, you gotta dream big. But that would be a deal to take if it were real. This deal with Atlanta is not very attractive at all, atleast for us.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Y'all are completely forgetting the cap implications. All of Hall's bonuses would go on Atlanta's cap meaning the Texans would be getting a very good to excellent CB at a bargain basement price. That adds value on top of his playing ability.

I really like that deal .... the fact Atlanta pays the contract bonuses is the icing on the cake ..... The Texans couls still get a solid OL in the first . Then have two picks in round two and would have three picks in round three .... TE/WR/DE/LB/OL...DRob and D-Hall would solidify the corner positions for several years to come.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #18
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think we would have to throw something else in. Unfortunately, I dont know what...I know they need receiver help, and, you never know, they might think Gaffney could help them out. Obviously, we would never part with AJ, so thats out of the question, but other then receiver, we have very little they would want.
On the other hand, yes Atlanta was the #1 rushing team, but thats with Vick inflating thier stats. They might feel that having Bush over an aging Warrick Dunn could be to their advantage.
Old 02-12-2006   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i guess no one even thinks of the salary cap when making these trades
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006   #20
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

How so? Do you mean from our standpoint or the Falcons, because it was already stated we would get Hall for cheap, beacuse the Falcons are paying his bonus, not us.
Oh, and the whole shut-down corner vs running back thing happened with Portis and Bailey. Portis was deemed worthy of Bailey and a 2nd rounder. I doubt we would get anything more then that, considering Bush is more of a gmable then Portis, since he is yet to play in the NFL.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read