Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-09-2006   #1
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The University of Kansas

Most think of the University of Kansas as only a basketball school. While most of our players are considered "sleepers," Kansas actually has a good football team, even downing UH in their bolw game this year. Kansas plays a hard nosed, country football. They pride themselves in playing a smash-mouth style, in your face, I dare you to run at me, kind of defense.

This is my KU. While I am trying not to be a homer, these are some of the sleepers that you will find on our roster.

Kevin Kane, Kansas - Not the best LB on the team, but a darn good sleeper. He uses instincts and toughness more than anything else. Least potential out of this group.

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com...e_kevin00.html

Charles Gordon, Kansas - Amazing athelete. He should have stayed another year. He excells at PR. He has amazing hands and very fluid hips (evident if you watch his shifty punt returns). He is a bit small, but lightning quick. Very raw, but very high ceiling.

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com...charles00.html

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com...060805aab.html

Nick Reid, Kansas - Considered the "stud" of the defense. He is a force in the middle. He loves to hit, and does not miss. He is an excellent wrap up tackler with true MLB size. His instincts are great and he is a leader on and off the field. Mid round grade right now.

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com...id_nick00.html

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com...121305aaj.html

http://www.kusports.com/news/footbal...e/story/116335

Charleton Keith - He is slightly undersized to be a full time DE, so he may shift to OLB. He is lightning quick off the snap. He played in a tough Big 12, and also played of the University of Minnesota. He is very raw, but has tremendous upside. He is one of the best tweeners who is not even getting noticed. He has put up numbers everywhere he has been, and has been a leader everywhere he has been. He is a leader on and off the field. I have seen him as high as the third, but mostly in the 7th or UDFA.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...ic.php?t=40395

http://kuathletics.collegesports.com...harlton00.html

http://www.mnwest.mnscu.edu/athletic.../CharltonK.htm

This is an overview of the defense as a unit, broken down by position.

http://collegefootballnews.com/Big_1...as_defense.htm

This is my school. I do not go with the flashy pick for my school. USC and UT be damned. Rock Chalk Jayhawks baby!!
Old 02-09-2006   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I dont know much about that Nick Reid from Kansas, but I remeber that he made plays all over the field in the Kansas OU game. He sacked Bomar like 3 times and he was tackling Peterson in the backfield. I was like...Who is he. I think that he would be a great late round pick, and a player that has been under the radar.
Old 02-09-2006   #3
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Yeah, Nick Reid is pretty good. I think Gordon could potentially be a very good corner.
Old 02-10-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Most people who actually watched Big 12 football know Nick Reid is a stud.

Charles Gorden is eletric.

However, I want yall to notice the other prospects. Keith is a GREAT tweener prospect, and IF we run a hybrid, wouldnt be a bad late pick up. He has a great first step and a great motor.
Old 02-10-2006   #5
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Is Reid the one that Vince Young made fly in the air on his pump fakes?
Old 02-10-2006   #6
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
Don't think so...I don't remember who it was, but that was in the Oklahoma St. game...not Kansas.
Old 02-10-2006   #7
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You have to be more specific, he did that to like 30 people in 05.
Old 02-10-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Most think of the University of Kansas as only a basketball school.
With the last two wins, KU will break into the Top 25 this next week. Good group of youngsters that'll give us many years of excellent BB.

Oh yea, I'm a KU fan.
Old 02-11-2006   #9
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJB
Don't think so...I don't remember who it was, but that was in the Oklahoma St. game...not Kansas.
KANSAS, 2004

The Longhorns trailed the upset-minded Jayhawks 23-13 with 7:41 remaining, but Young captained yet another comeback on the road, this time turning a fourth-and-18 predicament into a first-down scramble on the final drive, then finding Tony Jeffery with a game-winning 21-yard touchdown pass with 11 seconds remaining.
Old 02-11-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan Asylum
With the last two wins, KU will break into the Top 25 this next week. Good group of youngsters that'll give us many years of excellent BB.

Oh yea, I'm a KU fan.

Yea, KU will be in the top 25. We always are. But our team has A LOT of freshman this year. We are going to be strong down the road too.
Old 02-11-2006   #11
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
KANSAS, 2004

The Longhorns trailed the upset-minded Jayhawks 23-13 with 7:41 remaining, but Young captained yet another comeback on the road, this time turning a fourth-and-18 predicament into a first-down scramble on the final drive, then finding Tony Jeffery with a game-winning 21-yard touchdown pass with 11 seconds remaining.
Sooo?

The national championship team barely squeaked out a win against a football team who is never ranked.
Old 02-11-2006   #12
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
You have to be more specific, he did that to like 30 people in 05.
Never to KU though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read