Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-09-2006   #1
texan_b
Rookie

Default Carr Extended for 3 Years

well tommorow is the day David gets his extension. Sports radio 610 is reporting there is a press conference to announce it.
texan_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

cool. I hope he stays
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #3
Wordem
Veteran

Good. Build him up and then trade him before the draft. Hello VY. Mark it down.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #4
Samer
Veteran

I would love to keep him
Old 02-09-2006   #5
the-wiz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordem
Good. Build him up and then trade him before the draft. Hello VY. Mark it down.
Marked down that we don't trade david carr.
Old 02-09-2006   #6
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wiz
Marked down that we don't trade david carr.
Then the Texans are the new Saints. I will be an Oilers fan once again. Bye bye season tickets.
Old 02-09-2006   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

If the Texans trade DC, it'll be in 2007.
Old 02-09-2006   #8
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Then the Texans are the new Saints. I will be an Oilers fan once again. Bye bye season tickets.

bye bye wordem
Old 02-09-2006   #9
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
bye bye wordem
If you want to support a perennial loser, be my guest. There are more people in Houston who agree with me. How'd you like those empty seats at Reliant? Get used to it.
Old 02-09-2006   #10
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
If you want to support a pernnial loser, be my guest. There are more people in Houston who agree with me.

they'll be at home watching the Titans on Direct TV like you ....
Old 02-09-2006   #11
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
they'll be at home watching the Titans on Direct TV like you ....
Exactly. And Reliant will be empty . . . again.
Old 02-09-2006   #12
the-wiz
Rookie

Quote:
If you want to support a perennial loser, be my guest. There are more people in Houston who agree with me.
We've been a franchise for 4 years and we're already a perennial loser. You must have been watching the Arizona Cardinals over the years and have gotten confused.
Old 02-09-2006   #13
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wiz
We've been a franchise for 4 years and we're already a perennial loser.
Exactly.
Old 02-09-2006   #14
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

The three year deal would be silly. Who cares what signal it sends? No need to nurse the guy, he's a man. If they want to keep him, fine. No reason to guarantee more money/years than necessary to keep him. If they wanna tie up 16-24 million in Carr, then they should put a little money in a realistic backup. See how he handles the competition, be ready in case he finally breaks down. Josh McCown is floating out there.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #15
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Exactly. And Reliant will be empty . . . again.

nah they'll be there watching RB take it to the house
Old 02-09-2006   #16
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
nah they'll be there watching RB take it to the house
Old 02-09-2006   #17
texan_b
Rookie

Quote:

All this tells me is you never were a true fan in the first place. Have fun watching Steve Mcnair. Reports are he is about to sign a 3 year deal anyway and they may not take vince.
Old 02-09-2006   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to get involved in another VY thread.. but a question for the people who will leave if we dont get him.

Lets say someone else takes him..doesnt matter who. And you go become their fan.. what if VY breaks his leg and ends his career before it starts? Im not wishing any ill will on him or anything..but assume that did happen.

Are you going to come crawling back to the Texans? or will you remain teamless? or will you continue to follow the team that chose VY?

Im just trying to understand how someone would quit following their hometown team cause they didnt draft someone that you wanted them to.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #19
texan_b
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
I hate to get involved in another VY thread.. but a question for the people who will leave if we dont get him.

Lets say someone else takes him..doesnt matter who. And you go become their fan.. what if VY breaks his leg and ends his career before it starts? Im not wishing any ill will on him or anything..but assume that did happen.

Are you going to come crawling back to the Texans? or will you remain teamless? or will you continue to follow the team that chose VY?

Im just trying to understand how someone would quit following their hometown team cause they didnt draft someone that you wanted them to.

Simple answer they would act like they never left. They were never fans in the first place they are the same people who dont stand and cheer at rockets games or who show up late and leave early at astros games.
Old 02-09-2006   #20
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Young isn't even the highest rated QB in the draft. Thats what cracks me up about the Young Fanatics. If yall truly believe we needed another qb, hey we have the #1 pick and should take the highest rated QB who ran a pro offense in college and is much much more pro ready than Young and dominated over his entire college career and had a better career record.

If anybodys loyalty rests with the acquisition of one player then they were truly never really a loyal fan to begin with.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read