Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-09-2006   #1
ReggieBushFan
Rookie

Exclamation Vince Young just moved to Houston

I don't know if this means he is coming to the Texans or not, but I just find it interesting that he just signed a lease, the place he got runs for just over $2000 a month. I know his family lives here, but he could always stay with them or stay at his place in Austin if he was just working out for the NFL, something tells me the Texans are going to take him, I don't think this is circumstancial, but I guess we will soon find out
ReggieBushFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #2
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieBushFan
I don't know if this means he is coming to the Texans or not, but I just find it interesting that he just signed a lease, the place he got runs for just over $2000 a month. I know his family lives here, but he could always stay with them or stay at his place in Austin if he was just working out for the NFL, something tells me the Texans are going to take him, I don't think this is circumstancial, but I guess we will soon find out
Whooo-hooooo!!! Hope lives!!!

No, I don't know if this necessarily means anything either, but it could. Now if Carr puts his house up for sale....That would mean something is going on. LOL!
Old 02-09-2006   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

I Dont See much in to it now if he bought a 2 million dollar house then may be but hell 2000 dollars he could make that pan handling on richmond or westheimer.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #4
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Alot of guys who aren't even from here live here so we shouldn't read too much into it. But.....he does have to live somewhere.
Old 02-09-2006   #5
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

The plot she thickenz...

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh lord. Brian Fontana will be on Vince Watch 2006 throughout Houston. Stay hopeful Houston.
Old 02-09-2006   #7
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Oh lord. Brian Fontana will be on Vince Watch 2006 throughout Houston. Stay hopeful Houston.
Who's Brian Fontana?
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2006   #8
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

does anyone know when Reggie Bush is moving to Houston?

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #9
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napa Auto Parts
I Dont See much in to it now if he bought a 2 million dollar house then may be but hell 2000 dollars he could make that pan handling on richmond or westheimer.

I rarely, if ever, agree with anything you write but with this I completely agree ..... except the panhandling part
Old 02-09-2006   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B Texan Fan
Who's Brian Fontana?
He was a 1970s on site live news reporter for a local San Diego news station, I believe later he went on to host a Fox reality show.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who's Brian Fontana?
The on the spot reporter for Ron Burgundy in Anchorman.
Old 02-09-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieBushFan
Vince Young could lease a spot on the moon and the Texans might still draft him. Vince Young could buy up a block in Houston and the Texans might still pass on him.

No way, no how, not by any longest of long shots, have the Texans privately told Vince they intend to draft him. They will not make that decision either way until well after the combine, when they have the most complete information available to them, and have entertained every last trade offer, signing scenario, etc.
Old 02-09-2006   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I don't think this was reflecting negatively on Young at all. I think he was questioning the competency of Young's mentors/managers. I actually think the guy made some valid points. There is no reason for Young to risk doing anything that could negatively reflect upon his skills.
Old 02-09-2006   #14
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Vince is also from Houston and his family is here. I don't know what part of Houston he's from but he could very well be finding a place for his family to upgrade their living accommodations. If he was convinced he was staying here I would think he'd be looking at buying a house, not renting an apartment.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #15
whiskeyrbl

The other night on his interview he said no matter where he ends up going,Houston is his home and is where he will live so he can help people in Houston with charities and stuff.
Old 02-09-2006   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

No state income tax reasons??? Dumping his stuff off at his folks house is probably not enough to establish residency probably.

Though I have to say I wouldn't mind his second residence being in the film room deep in Reliant for most of the year.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Who's Brian Fontana?

Quarterback Watch! The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I uh...Yang...uh...Young is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that. He's a live quarterback, he will literally rip your face off.
Old 02-09-2006   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

A lot of professional athletes who don't play for Houston teams have houses in Houston. They make a lot of money and Texas has no state income tax. Those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

I wouldn't read into this too much.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #19
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
Vince is also from Houston and his family is here. I don't know what part of Houston he's from but he could very well be finding a place for his family to upgrade their living accommodations. If he was convinced he was staying here I would think he'd be looking at buying a house, not renting an apartment.
Could be looking into having a house built thus renting an apt. makes sense. By no way, shape, form, or fashion am I implying that because of that he's coming here, I strongly believe if he wound up in Buffalo he'd still live here.
Old 02-09-2006   #20
Texans86
All Pro

Houston is that 4th largest city in the US, and happens to house many famous athletes. We have world class facilities and housing cost is extremely low compared to any other major city. Add that to the fact that he has family that lives here, and he loves his family means that he will probably live here at least part of the year. Young will be a top 10 pick this year, and because of that he will have enough money to have extremely larges houses in five or six cities if he so chooses. The mere fact that he has an apt has very little effect on the Texans. Obviously he can't be sure where he will end up for sure until the end of April, so why not get a place to live close to home?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read