Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-08-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Texans War Room:

I am thinking that the Texans have to be shopping the first pick. For either Leinart, Young, or Bush. Bush and Leinart most likly. If you find that special someone, who isnt below #5, and gives you a good deal, then I say pull the trigger, drop down and take a top 5 player in a stacked draft.

Now, what happens if you cant sell someone that pick for a #1 next year? Then you look at the Titans and the Saints, and see if they want to swap for a #2 this year, and something next year. Then you can take a top 3 player.

Well what happens if we cant trade? Or what happens if we dont trade, and have to pay Carr his money? Well I think you lose alot of value if people know you wont take Lienart or Young, with money bags Carr on board. And I think you just have to take Bush #1 overall.

The point is, that once we pick up Carr's contract, its 90% locked in that Bush is our guy. I cant see us getting a sweet enough deal from some team that wants Bush.

Look for a flurry of trades in the top 10 this year. its going to be wild.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #2
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I agree, I think the decision on resigning Carr will go a long way to showing who we intend to draft. I think they will definitely be interested in taking trade offers, and I think Kubiak will definitely be interested in trading down after evaluating our guys because I think he will evaluate Carr and our RB crew as being good enough and see the gaping holes we have at OLine and defense, so I think he will definitely look to trade down if he can get a decent offer. That's my view on things.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Good point MorKnolle. I dont have a problem with taking Reggie, or Vince, as long as we take a guard, and tackle in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I really hope Winston, or McNeil falls to the 2nd. If not, I would just take one of the top2 guards. Max, or Davin.

1. Bush
2. Winston
3. Joseph

The bigger question is, what to do with Domanick Davis if we draft Bush?

I mean, we will have Wells, and Morency, both of whom I like backing Bush up. Im not sure of the ramifications of trading Davis. But he might have no role come August...

Any thoughts?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #4
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I definitely think that Kubiak will be shopping the pick unless he is totally in love with Bush. I doubt that he would except a trade that doesnt include a first rounder next year, just because of how high New York and Eli set the bar 2 years ago when NY gave up a thrid that year and their first next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL DRAFT

The bigger question is, what to do with Domanick Davis if we draft Bush?

I mean, we will have Wells, and Morency, both of whom I like backing Bush up. Im not sure of the ramifications of trading Davis. But he might have no role come August...

Any thoughts?
I think that they keep DD to do the dirty work in the inside, kinda like USC used LenDale White, I think that we may releaseone of the bottom 2 though.
Old 02-08-2006   #5
BlueThunder
Veteran

I don't agree!I don't like a forced issue on my team.If they want to play hard ball then throw the pitch.We need a winning team and QBs are like 100 dollar bills.Were going to find someone to lead this team this year.If you guys don't have the balls to take the QB then maybe y6ou guys are hopeless.I want to see Carr beat Vince at anything for myself.Vince Moves the chains.Who was the rose bowl mvp Young ..who was the best player on the fields Young ,,,who got it done against 95 percent odds Young Who did USC give the ball to when the game was on the line Lendale white,,,,,,,,,Where was Reggie Bush?

Are draft for the olimices or for one of the most emotional games in sports..Vince won that game for his team..

Last edited by BlueThunder; 02-08-2006 at 09:15 PM.
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #6
BlueThunder
Veteran

Don't blow smoke up my azzzzzzzz

Ii'll tell ya what give me Vince and our offense won't be the problem any more..Your defense can have everything else..I'm starting the best QB in camp by numbers.I don't want to hear..well the first team was better and noone was open ,,,,,,,whos's moving the chain!Jerome Mathis did everything Bush has .....

Last edited by BlueThunder; 02-08-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

VY can pass block?

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2006   #8
BlueThunder
Veteran

Vince don't need to pass.....You put him in that position and he's going to run 60 off on ya...Itsw going to take every one to contain him:brickwall
Old 02-08-2006   #9
BlueThunder
Veteran

If you guys want a trafe I 'll go back to the Cowboys and give you 1,2,3 and get on my knees...I don't need a rocket scientist i need a football player..If you can't win with a hometown star you start packing right now

Last edited by BlueThunder; 02-08-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Old 02-08-2006   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see the Saints wanting to move up if they are dead set on Lienert and are nervous about another team moving up to take him.

The same could be said about the Titans because of Chow.

The Jets are interesting, They would love to have Bush as a replacement for Martin. With a new coach they may be looking to fill as many holes as possible by trading down.

The Raiders cannot be dismissed, you know Al would love to have Bush or Lienert.

Any of these are probable....Getting Abraham, the Jets #4 and their 3rd RD pick doesn't look to bad....Similar to the Falcons/Chargers trade in 01 for Mike Vick.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think that we shouldn't draft Bush or Young or Leinart, we need either D'Brick or M.Williams, I think DD can rush for 1500 with a better line, and david carr can improve, he didnt have that bad of a season in 2004. so i say no RB or QB in the first round
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #12
BlueThunder
Veteran

I'll work every day for five year to get every pick back..I just don't want to see Vince in Parcells hands....I'm mad at him
Old 02-08-2006   #13
BlueThunder
Veteran

daunta,Your not the star ,,Vince is the star..He77 Carr is the deer in the headlights..I see Vince in the same situation run off 8 and coming back congratulating his line..The qb makes a team goOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last edited by BlueThunder; 02-08-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2006   #14
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueThunder
I don't agree!I don't like a forced issue on my team.If they want to play hard ball then throw the pitch.We need a winning team and QBs are like 100 dollar bills.Were going to find someone to lead this team this year.If you guys don't have the balls to take the QB then maybe y6ou guys are hopeless.I want to see Carr beat Vince at anything for myself.Vince Moves the chains.Who was the rose bowl mvp Young ..who was the best player on the fields Young ,,,who got it done against 95 percent odds Young Who did USC give the ball to when the game was on the line Lendale white,,,,,,,,,Where was Reggie Bush?

Are draft for the olimices or for one of the most emotional games in sports..Vince won that game for his team..
Dude calm down. First off statwise Carr demolished Vince in passing yards in college. Second the team moves the chains, not Young. Not by a long shot, you act as if it was a blowout victory, you act as if the Texas D didn't show up and stop USC. Who else could Texas have given the ball to. VY is the second person to touch the ball after the center, of course he's gonna get the ball. RB was on the sideline cuz PC made that call, and alot of ppl will argue that had he been in the game it might have turned out differently.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #15
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Vince don't need to pass.....You put him in that position and he's going to run 60 off on ya...Itsw going to take every one to contain him:brickwall
I hope your joking because in the NFL that's the qb's job. Otherwise VY would be playing RB's position.
Old 02-08-2006   #16
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

I love Vince, but im just not sure if he can get the job done in the NFL, I really hope he does well, but im just not sure
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #17
BlueThunder
Veteran

Don't be stupid your whole LIFE #10 going to be a best seller.....The way I look at it is ,,where you got doing what everyone else thinks.......?If you *****s were number 2 you be ready to trade your whole draft for Young
Old 02-08-2006   #18
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
daunta,Your not the star ,,Vince is the star..He77 Carr is the deer in the headlights..I see Vince in the same situation run off 8 and coming back congratulating his line..The qb makes a team goOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You like VY??? Great. We understand that, but you dont have to keep pushing it. I like D'Brickashaw Ferguson, I post about him but not 8 times in a row. Calm down.
Old 02-08-2006   #19
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Quote:
I don't see that happening, first off Vince is great but he doesn't have eyes in the back of his head so if he's blindsided he's going down. Second the NFL won't let Young break off as many runs as in college. He's a bigger target than Vick and not as fast as him. On the last statement the team makes the QB not the other way around. Look at Plumber and Brady.
Old 02-08-2006   #20
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Quote:
Don't be stupid your whole LIFE #10 going to be a best seller.....The way I look at it is ,,where you got doing what everyone else thinks.......?
Maybe in Houston when the team is winning, but what about nationwide when the team is mediocre to above average. Drafting Young is what everyone here thinks we should do so that kinda skews your perspective a little bit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read