Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-08-2006   #1
uteric3232
Rookie

Default Anyone see NFL Live today on Vince Young???

Lots of people are talking about it. I got this off another board.

"They just said he went in for an interview with the Texans and 'just blew people away.' I didn't catch who the source was, but it's interesting, none-the-less."

Can anyone confirm if this is true???
uteric3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was Trey Wingo on NFL Live. It rebroadcasts tonight on ESPN2 if you want to catch the replay.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Yeah it was Trey Wingo who said that he "knew some people in Houston" that said the Texans were blown away with an interview they had with Vince Young. Take it FWIW.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #4
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Heard this also....curious to see if this really happened. I'm sure the "news" will come out soon enough.
Old 02-08-2006   #5
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think it was Trey Wingo on NFL Live. It rebroadcasts tonight on ESPN2 if you want to catch the replay.
Hope lives...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #6
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
What time is this usually? I looked at the schedule on ESPN2 and didn't see anything for NFL Live.
Old 02-08-2006   #7
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
I found it. 11PM on ESPN according to my cable listing.
Old 02-08-2006   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
What time is this usually? I looked at the schedule on ESPN2 and didn't see anything for NFL Live.
10:45-11:15 on ESPN.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #9
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I hope Vince can sell himself to those guys... he can promise them the world, but he's gonna have to prove it, regardless. It's funny, a guy so highly recruited in high school is now touting himself to the local ball club. At least he's not too proud/ hasn't been deterred by those ESPN leaks, "Carr will be great", reports coming out*. These next two weeks will be hectic with Carrdate February 19 and the combine shortly thereafter.

*It's all about the money, right.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #10
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Trey or Trey's source fanning the dying flames, or legitimate event?

I am leaning toward the former, but I would be interested to learn more.
Old 02-08-2006   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

The team doesn't even have it's full coaching staff yet, I'm quite sure they're not interviewing players before they get their coaching situation settled and before the combine, I don't even know if they're allowed to interview guys before the combine.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #12
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
The team doesn't even have it's full coaching staff yet, I'm quite sure they're not interviewing players before they get their coaching situation settled and before the combine, I don't even know if they're allowed to interview guys before the combine.
...so what if they are?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
...I don't even know if they're allowed to interview guys before the combine.
I'm not sure, either. NFL teams are allowed to bring 20 draft prospects in for visits, but can have an unlimited number of visits of players in their area (like Young).

On Casserly's radio show last week, Charley said the scouts will be in meetings this week, and the coaches will be in their meetings. At some point prior to the combine, Kubiak will meet with the scouts to review their information. And when did Vince have time to come in for an interview? He's been at the College Obstacle Course Challenge and then in Detroit for the Super Bowl.
Old 02-08-2006   #14
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default VY is omnipresent. He do the All Star Challenge and interview at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I'm not sure, either. NFL teams are allowed to bring 20 draft prospects in for visits, but can have an unlimited number of visits of players in their area (like Young).

On Casserly's radio show last week, Charley said the scouts will be in meetings this week, and the coaches will be in their meetings. At some point prior to the combine, Kubiak will meet with the scouts to review their information. And when did Vince have time to come in for an interview? He's been at the College Obstacle Course Challenge and then in Detroit for the Super Bowl.
Interesting.

Here is an overall review of the process:

Discusses one on one and top 20 meetings

Oh, and as an aside, here are the dates for the different college's pro days:

Pro Day Calendar
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #15
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip
...so what if they are?
They didn't, as Lucky said the scouts and coaches have been in meetings all week scouting players prospective free agents, and they will be spending the rest of the time until the combine scouting draft picks, then after the combine they will bring selected guys in for workouts and interviews. I confirmed this with my friend in the organization for whatever that's worth to you.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #16
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Wingo "Andhereallyimpressedpeoplewithhisinterviewthe re."

Thanks Trey. The only interview I saw was on Channel 13, or was it on the Obstacle Course Jamboree, or with Shula... or a secret interview... hmmm.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #17
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro
Wingo "Andhereallyimpressedpeoplewithhisinterviewthe re."

Thanks Trey. The only interview I saw was on Channel 13, or was it on the Obstacle Course Jamboree, or with Shula... or a secret interview... hmmm.
Agreed. Saw it tonight and was not a specific reference to a specific interview. Could have been anything. It WAS nothing.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006   #18
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Just saw it on Tivo. I agree - that was a total nothing that was uttered by Wingo.
Old 02-09-2006   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I thought Vince was supposed to be visiting with Steve McNair this week, not Bob..

Maybe that's the mixup.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read