Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-08-2006   #1
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

Default Monday Night Football

So a new crew for monday night football on ESPN

Mike Tirico will be doing play by play

Joe Theismann and Tony Kornheiser will be in the booth, Tony Kornheiser on monday night football wow. lets see if he is better than dennis Miller
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Monday Night Football is officially dead.

Mike Tirico, Joe Theismann, and Tony Kornheiser are going to be the commentators. On Mike and Mike in the morning Greeny is trying to hype it up saying Kornheiser is the closest thing to Howard Cossell thats been on the show

Golic isn't having any of it though and had a weird look on his face at that comparison.

I can't stand Theismann who is one of the worst commentators in sports, he offers absolutely zero substance and Kornheiser is just going to turn it into a sideshow.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #3
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I say give it a chance.
Old 02-08-2006   #4
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Kind of an off question related to the thread topic...

Are they keeping the MNF 'Are You Ready For Some Football!' opening? As soon as I hear that song, I get pumped. Anyone know the answer to this one?
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #5
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Kind of an off question related to the thread topic...

Are they keeping the MNF 'Are You Ready For Some Football!' opening? As soon as I hear that song, I get pumped. Anyone know the answer to this one?
Good question. I would like to think they are. I hope so.
Old 02-08-2006   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope they keep Tim Mcgraw's Halftime Song with the weeks highlights.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Any word on where Al Michaels will land? I thought I heard something about Sunday Night Football on NBC, but not sure if that's official.

I'll reserve judgement on MNF right now...but keeping Theisman does not instill a lot of confidence at this point. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 02-08-2006   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

just mute the show and watch it. I started doing that with Dennis Miller's useless commentary and I gotta say it actually made the game much better, for me.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Are they keeping the MNF 'Are You Ready For Some Football!' opening? As soon as I hear that song, I get pumped.
I prefer the old MNF intro music (they still play some of it) to the Hank Jr. stuff. I went to a STP concert where they used the old MNF theme to start their show. That got the crowd pumped.

Old MNF theme music

Tirico - Like it
Theisman - Hate it
Kornheiser - Would rather bring back Miller
Old 02-08-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I like Tirico calling college games so we'll see how he does here.

Always been a fan of Kornheiser so I'll be biased on his commentary.

Hopefully one of the producers will fall on Theisman's leg and he'll call it a career.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #11
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree, I hope they dump the Hank Williams and bring back the old school theme with the two helmets crashing together. Now THAT got me pumped up.

But what do I know, I actually liked Dennis Miller on MNF. He was the only reason I would watch a 41-7 game in the fourth quarter.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #12
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
I agree, I hope they dump the Hank Williams and bring back the old school theme with the two helmets crashing together. Now THAT got me pumped up.

But what do I know, I actually liked Dennis Miller on MNF. He was the only reason I would watch a 41-7 game in the fourth quarter.
Here Here! The old school version is much better.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #13
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I prefer the old MNF intro music (they still play some of it) to the Hank Jr. stuff. I went to a STP concert where they used the old MNF theme to start their show. That got the crowd pumped.

Old MNF theme music

Tirico - Like it
Theisman - Hate it
Kornheiser - Would rather bring back Miller

Yes. Exactly. Dennis Miller needs to be on MNF. I loved his stories and comparisons! Dennis Miller brought intelligent discussion to football and that is not a bad thing. Bring back MILLER!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #14
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

who ever it is has got to be better than John Madden. Right? Right?
Old 02-08-2006   #15
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
who ever it is has got to be better than John Madden. Right? Right?
That's my attitude.

I really don't like Monday Night Football, so I'll give this move a chance. Hopefully MNF will be better on the slicker ESPN than it was on ABC.
Old 02-08-2006   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't liked Monday Night Football in a while, but I have always liked football on Monday night.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
yeah, I did, too. But most folks don't want to look through a thesarus (or dictionary for that matter) while watching a football game.

I heard the Tony Kornheiser interview on the Dan Patrick show today, and I must say, he's actually pretty funny (in a dry way). He's warning everyone that he'll suck on MNF, so don't put him on a pedestal. He also said he would make fun of Theisman alot, so that in itself will be entertaining.

Althought I respect Madden the man, his commentary has been stale for awhile. It's time for a breath of fresh air on MNF, so I look forward to the new line up.

Now we just have to wait six friggin' months!
Old 02-08-2006   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
Althought I respect Madden the man, his commentary has been stale for awhile. It's time for a breath of fresh air on MNF, so I look forward to the new line up.
I can understand people being bored with Madden--lord knows I hate listening to Theisman--but I still like to hear from people who have a chance of knowing what they are talking about. Kornholio is a blow hard who doesn't bother to do sufficient research to go off on as he does--a national version of Richard Justice IMO, at least with regard to football. Of course I also don't like never could make it work guys like Andre Ware either--somehow it just seems wrong to listen to him talk about what it takes to be a successful QB. I'd rather listen to Aikman, Madden, Jimmy Johnson, etc.--guys who actually succeeded in the sport.
Old 02-08-2006   #19
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Honestly, i'm at an age in my life to see past all the pagentry surrounding MNF and just watch the game.
Old 02-09-2006   #20
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

I am going to watch it with the sound off.......

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read