Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-07-2006   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Buck Harvey gets it, hopefully the Texans will as well.

Great column by Buck Harvey concerning VY:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...k.12a0280.html

I don't get Carr apologists. What about him makes you think he can lead us to the promised land. As it has been widely reported he is cares more about his family and his religion than he does being a winning QB. That is not the type of guy I want leading my team. I want a guy with a burning desire to win and be a champion.

VY is that guy. Did you guys see him in the college football skills competition. There wasn't a throw he could not make.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansFight, it is 'fans' like you that will eventually lead me to root against the Texans.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #3
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight

I don't get Carr apologists. What about him makes you think he can lead us to the promised land. As it has been widely reported he is cares more about his family and his religion than he does being a winning QB. That is not the type of guy I want leading my team. I want a guy with a burning desire to win and be a champion.

VY is that guy. Did you guys see him in the college football skills competition. There wasn't a throw he could not make.
Anyone out there REALLY think that VY puts football ahead of his faith? Just curious.

I really don't know how to respond to this thread.

Last edited by Jack Bauer; 02-07-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Jack Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #4
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
As it has been widely reported he is cares more about his family and his religion than he does being a winning QB.
I am not a Carr supporter by any means but as far as the above statement is concerned, Carr's order is correct. God & Family come first, football second.

Oh, and Marcus, if another fan can get you to go against the Texans, then good riddance to ya.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #5
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Buddy, you just walked in the land where Carr can do no wrong and nothing is his fault. Boy are you about to be flamed!
Old 02-07-2006   #6
profan
Veteran

Well, i don't fault carr for putting faith and family first. This can still be done in addition to putting in the necessary hours of work and overtime. I think it's time for you to find a new team to support and if you go against the texans because the qb is committed to his faith and family, then, it's good to see you leaving the texans fan base.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #7
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda
Buddy, you just walked in the land where Carr can do no wrong and nothing is his fault. Boy are you about to be flamed!
This has nothing to do with Carr. My problem is with the statement (same as Porky used, hmmm...) that Carr puts family and faith first. If a person puts his career ahead of his faith or his family, there is something wrong with his priorities IMHO.
Old 02-07-2006   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

2004 - Sean Taylor is God!
2005 - Derrick Johnson is God!
2006 - Reggie . . errr . . Vince Young is God!

I get it already!
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #9
Htown34s
Veteran

Marcus, you have to be the biggest VY hater and Carr apologist on any board I've seen.

Please change your avatar before you start making me hate one of my favorite albums of all time.
Old 02-07-2006   #10
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

It is possible for people to work in a business while putting family and faith infront of their jobs. I've seen it with people on a local level, where I live, and on a national level.
Old 02-07-2006   #11
Big B Texan Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Big B Texan Fan has been demoted to the practice squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Yea, he couldnot even get the ball in an area 20 yards wide and 60 yards away, 2/3 were out of bounds by 10 yards.
Yea, and Bush couldn't even get on the field when the game was on the line. This happened on more than one occasion. See the ND game when Leinert QB sneaked it 2 playes in a row or a few plays earlier when it was 4th and 9. Where was he then.....well just like you said, out of bounds (a.k.a. on the bench). Don't even get me started on the UT game either, he was the change of pace back where Fatboy was the feature back. Yeah, let's draft Bush, I wouldn't mind going 5-11 on average for the next 3 years until we let carrs' option desintergrate and draft another kid from CA. Lets just move the F@#%$ team to CA while we're at it. We can called the LA Earthquakes cuz watching us lose game after game will cause the fans to want throw the team in one.
Old 02-07-2006   #12
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Wow, incredible if you believe for a minute that any athlete in the NFL puts football above their family.
Old 02-07-2006   #13
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
Marcus, you have to be the biggest VY hater and Carr apologist on any board I've seen.

Please change your avatar before you start making me hate one of my favorite albums of all time.
Old 02-07-2006   #14
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 33364 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As it has been widely reported he is cares more about his family and his religion than he does being a winning QB.

I hope ALL people would be that way. Football, or any other sport or profession for that matter, is TRIVIAL compared to GOD and FAMILY.

I know you probably didn't intend for THAT to come out like it sounded.
Old 02-07-2006   #15
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
TexansFight, it is 'fans' like you that will eventually lead me to root against the Texans.
Now you're not a "fan" if you don't have a man-crush on Davie Franchise. Funny stuff.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #16
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I don't think "family and faith" is an issue with Carr. God bless him for having priorities and not being married to the job. The issue is whether or not he puts in the requisite hours to get the job done.

I don't really care whether a guy studies film like Manning or sleeps at the office like Gruden. You can be Bob Stoops and take it easy or be like Ben Roethlisberger and "Drink Like a Champion" and still be great and win championships. Just get it done. So far, Carr really hasn't got the job done, so the question about whether he puts the hours in is legitimate. Carr's been paid a ton of money, and hasn't performed to expectations (regardless of the deficiencies around him). He's about to get a franchise QB bonus that he hasn't earned; being tough and handling failure builds character, but it doesn't make you a winner or good QB. This is the beef. So it doesn't matter whether it's a bowling league, bridge game, or family/religious commitment that's keeping him from allegedly putting in the requisite time. Do your job, earn your money.

The Buck Harvey article is good (if you are a Vince Young fan). So for everybody hating on Vince and McLain and Justice, just know that it's not only Houston and it's writers that want Young in a Texans jersey. It's San Antonio, Austin (obviously), and you better believe Dallas would want him and might still if we pass. Whether it matters to you guys or not, drafting Young would build regional support for the Texans... "We are Texas' team."
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #17
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Now you're not a "fan" if you don't have a man-crush on Davie Franchise. Funny stuff.
Has more to do with the faith and family angle(as has been stated), of course, you are going to twist it anyway to a Carr-lover angle.
Old 02-07-2006   #18
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As it has been widely reported he is cares more about his family and his religion than he does being a winning QB. That is not the type of guy I want leading my team.
An athlete gets his prioritys RIGHT ans we still bash him.

WTF is up with some of you people?

And for teh skills cahllenge, it's rpobaly the porrest measure of ability will see this offseason. it was a MADE FOR TV event, not a scouting oppurtunity.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #19
Htown34s
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Yea, he couldnot even get the ball in an area 20 yards wide and 60 yards away, 2/3 were out of bounds by 10 yards.
***VY HATER ALERT***

***VY HATER ALERT***

Hulk75, you conveniently leave out:

-VY wasn't the only one who threw out of bounds

-The 2 passes that he threw out of bounds were over 70 yards, not 60, and further than anyone else in or out

-It was extremely windy, yet he still finished 2nd

-He also finished 2nd in the accuracy contest

-He was the only QB to hit any target in the obstacle course, in which he just killed

If you watched that show and couldn't tell that VY was head and shoulders above any other QB there then I feel sorry for you.
Old 02-07-2006   #20
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
If you watched that show and couldn't tell that VY was head and shoulders above any other QB there then I feel sorry for you.
I didn't watch the show. What other QBs were there?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read