Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-07-2006   #1
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229
Default Mathias Kiwanuka

How far is his supposed "Freefall" going to take him? I've really liked this guy's potential, but he's had a poor showing against D'Brick. Are the media types just overreacting or is there any chance he could drop to #33? Am I just letting my draft hopes cloud my thinking?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
How far is his supposed "Freefall" going to take him? I've really liked this guy's potential, but he's had a poor showing against D'Brick. Are the media types just overreacting or is there any chance he could drop to #33? Am I just letting my draft hopes cloud my thinking?
I dont think there is a way in the world kiwi lasts past tampa or new england....just my opinion

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #3
stonedtexansfan
Rookie

Default 33rd

I agree, but if he does thats the easiest pick the Texans will ever make. Unless the OLB from UTEP falls to 33rd as well. Then we decide which need is harder to feel, OLB or DE.
stonedtexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedtexansfan
I agree, but if he does thats the easiest pick the Texans will ever make. Unless the OLB from UTEP falls to 33rd as well. Then we decide which need is harder to feel, OLB or DE.
The decision between Kiwanuka and Thomas Howard would be very very easy, Kiwanuka all the way. He is better at his position than Howard, DE is a bigger need for us than LB, and the DE position is generally considered a much higher value than LB. The main thing that would make Kiwanuka at #33 a hard decision would be if one of the really good OTs (Eric Winston for example) made it to #33, since he (and a few of the others) are great prospects and OLine is the only need ahead of DE for us.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #5
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Even though Ferguson dominated him in the Senior Bowl, I doubt that he falls all the way to #33. If he does... and we picked Ferguson in round 1, I think that it is the best scenario we could ask for.
Old 02-07-2006   #6
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

Buff if that is the way it went then I would say ok, the best scenario would be Williams/Winston though.
Old 02-07-2006   #7
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

He won't last until 33 but Manny Lawson would be, and I would take him over Kiwi.
Old 02-07-2006   #8
latim06800
Rookie

Kiwi should be a no-brainer if he happens to fall...I honestly would not be surprised with his recent shoulder injury and poor performance at the Senior Bowl....
latim06800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, lets just hope Kiwi has a bad combine/pro day.

Lets also hope all the other good DE's have great combines/pro days and he is "forgotten"
Old 02-07-2006   #10
College Texan
Veteran

Kiwi won't fall past the Broncos two first rounders or over the Seahawks, Giants, and Jaguars. HTe best scenario is to trade down and get Mario, Winston if he falls, And if Mercedes falls he would be good to trade up into the second for.
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by College Texan
Kiwi won't fall past the Broncos two first rounders or over the Seahawks, Giants, and Jaguars. HTe best scenario is to trade down and get Mario, Winston if he falls, And if Mercedes falls he would be good to trade up into the second for.
If we initially trade down we shouldn't have to trade up into the 2nd to get a TE, we should have another 2nd round pick from our initial trade. I am still not a big fan of using a high 2nd rounder on a TE, I'd rather go for a good CB or interior OL then go for TE in the 3rd, but if a good enough one falls then I'd be open to the idea.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #12
BlueThunder
Veteran

I would concider Mathias for the 43,,He has a big frame and D'Brickshaw is going to be an All Pro Tackle.Mathias is a little thin but he has upside and it will take time to develope him which we have to concider.I think he could drop to #33
BlueThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #13
Mightymike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach C.
Buff if that is the way it went then I would say ok, the best scenario would be Williams/Winston though.
thank you
Mightymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read