Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow Kris Brown, Our Kicker

Our kicker since day 1, has been Kris Brown.

In my opinion, this guy has been reliable. In our brief 4 year history, he has kicked and made his amount of very clutch kicks. I could give many examples, but that would likely just take up space. However, this past season he's been a little shaky, primarily towards the end as he's missed some clutch, yet short field goal attempts (the same reason the Pittsburgh Steelers relased him before we picked him up).

I like the guy, I think he has a good attitude, and can still be a reliable kicker. Question is, do week keep him or not?
Old 02-06-2006   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansAllTheWayBaby
Question is, do week keep him or not?
He just signed a contract extension, so he's not going anywhere.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #3
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

And to think his most 'clutch' kicks were the ones he missed...

Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
And to think his most 'clutch' kicks were the ones he missed...

haha...yeah...
Old 02-06-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

seriously we need to bring in some real competition. We dont need to sign a big name FA kicker, just bring in a undrafted rookie FA or 3.

I have made some of the kicks he missed this year.

Most highschool kids can make those,and college guys too.
Old 02-06-2006   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Considering how good he was the first three seasons .... It really makes me wonder if he was doing what he was told when he missed a few this year .... The contract extension after those missed FG's ......

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #7
zeplin
Veteran

I like the guy. Last year is over let us see what Kubiak thinks about Chris.
Old 02-07-2006   #8
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

It really makes me sick to think this but I really feel that Brown shanked those kicks on purpose. I've been with the Texans since day one and he has won games for us. He's missed a few fieldgoals here and there but never anything like what I saw towards the end of the year. I'm sure he's sitting pretty with his wife or girlfriend in some exotic place drinking MiaTias and enjoying spending his "bonus" that Mr. McNair promised him.
Old 02-07-2006   #9
SA Fan
Rookie

Um....
I'm still 50/50 between:
"under table deal with micnair to kill season."
&
"pummelled into ineptitude (like everyone else) by coaching staff"

I guess I'll use his perfromance next year to try to figure it out.
Better Than Bucs
SA Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I'm sure he's sitting pretty with his wife or girlfriend in some exotic place drinking MiaTias and enjoying spending his "bonus" that Mr. McNair promised him.

really makes ya wonder dont it

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #11
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

The guy practically won a couple of games for us all by himself, so I don't want to see him go anywhere yet. Besides, contracts are nothing. We all know if he misses a couple of field goals in the first game or two, he'll be gone. That's just the kicker's life.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #12
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

didn't we sign Hayden Epstein?
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

BTW, congratulatins to Kris for raising $119,000 for the Kris Brown kick club; A charity that donates to the Texas Childrens Hospital.
http://www.krisbrownskickclub.com/photos.htm
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan
I'm sure he's sitting pretty with his wife or girlfriend in some exotic place drinking MiaTias and enjoying spending his "bonus" that Mr. McNair promised him.
That's ridiculous!! BTW: Kris Brown is sitting at home with his WIFE awaiting the arrival of a new baby due in March.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #15
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
That's ridiculous!! BTW: Kris Brown is sitting at home with his WIFE awaiting the arrival of a new baby due in March.
Okay.. well maybe I should of said him and his wife are sitting at home while having a nursury added to their house courtesey of Mr. McNair.

I was just messing around... I have no idea if he missed those kicks on purpose. I really hope he didnt but when and how he shanked some of those kicks did seem very suspect.. to me atleast.
Old 02-07-2006   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

He was looking pretty Jose Cortez-ish this year, but he is well paid and his contract structure makes him difficult to rid ourselves of. I am not sure if he is just that bad, or if something was going on behind the scenes (no, I don't mean a conspiracy to lose, I just mean, bad snaps, miscommunication, something?)

Either way, looks like he is here to stay.
Old 02-08-2006   #17
jim rome
Rookie

I have watched kris brown from day one and he has been our most reliable player he did miss those kicks on purpose just look at how he normaly kicks and what he did when he shanked the ones on purpose it is very obvious
Old 02-08-2006   #18
cadahnic
All Pro

Wow Rome that is a big thing to say. Truthfully I dont watch kickers that much or evaluate them very well. All I know about Kris Brown is he played for the Steelers and was not that solid and played for Southlake Carroll in the Dallas area.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006   #19
stevo3883
All Pro

Hes kinda regained his steeler form, which is not good, at all....
Old 02-08-2006   #20
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A New QB
to tell you the truth I HATE kris brown

he is hideous have you noticed really good teams have kickers like mIKE vANDERJAGT OR aDAM VINATERI so i just hate this guy and hope this bad man leaves forever

Yep Mikey was Mr. Clutch in the playoffs - really came through when his team needed him
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read