Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PBUC 2nd year

can we really go another year with this guy? we seriously need to upgrade at corner. what do u guys think?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

pretty much everyone agrees. the raiders are still laughing at us.
Old 02-06-2006   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

AAARRGGGGGHHHH!

Not again. Say it won't be so!
Old 02-06-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he should be put on the kick team as the guy who breaks the wedge. That way, he HAS to hit somebody.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #5
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Hit or Miss

I think depeding on the scheme he could be a # 2 starter/nickle...He isnt going to start laying the wood, so maybe we have to home his coverage skills and big play ability start to show. IMO I think we need to bring another quality corner in via the draft or FA. With the lack of TRUE 4-3 DE, I believe there will be a lot of pressure on the secondary.
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyvice
I think he should be put on the kick team as the guy who breaks the wedge. That way, he HAS to hit somebody.

Good Idea .... I got a really good laugh outa that !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
I think depeding on the scheme he could be a # 2 starter/nickle...He isnt going to start laying the wood, so maybe we have to home his coverage skills and big play ability start to show. IMO I think we need to bring another quality corner in via the draft or FA. With the lack of TRUE 4-3 DE, I believe there will be a lot of pressure on the secondary.

NO , and NO again , P-Burnt wont play the system .... thats one of his biggest problems .... he's always out of position and gambles to make the INT rather than the solid play .... as PowerfulDragon said above ... The Raiders and Al Davis are Still laughing ....I think he should A) get cut , B) play special teams until he can show some discipline .... Being a contract year he better put it together

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #7
Dunta_23
All Pro

Oh I definately think the raiders got the WAYYYYYYYYY better end of the trade, no doubt about that, BUT we have him now and he MAY be salvageable?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2006   #8
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Hey, what did the Raiders get out of those draft picks? Anyone know? If they actually draft someone good, then they got the best of it, but the infamous Ditka/Ricky Williams trade brought absolutley nothing out of the draft.
Old 02-06-2006   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

He will only count 800k against the cap next year, very cheap. If you buy into the arguement that the staff will help so and so next year, then you must also take a wait and see attitude with PBuc.
Old 02-06-2006   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
He will only count 800k against the cap next year, very cheap. If you buy into the arguement that the staff will help so and so next year, then you must also take a wait and see attitude with PBuc.

The problem here is that the D-Backs will be coached by the same person ... And if Jon Hoke Cant get the best out of Buchannon ... I just dont think it can be done ....Hoke is one of the best DB coaches around .... But the price is right .... $800k isnt gonna hurt the cap much , He will have another year to show what he can do.

Old 02-06-2006   #11
LowDownSkinny
Rookie

Default PBU_c?

I have to say, I initially saw "PBUC" in the subject and racked my brain to think of what it was...

Pass Break Up?

No.

Pass Break Up Corner?

Nooooooo, they're talking about Philip BUChanon. Of course, he's not a pass-break-up corner.

LowDownSkinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion
The problem here is that the D-Backs will be coached by the same person ... And if Jon Hoke Cant get the best out of Buchannon ... I just dont think it can be done ....Hoke is one of the best DB coaches around .... But the price is right .... $800k isnt gonna hurt the cap much , He will have another year to show what he can do.
I agree with your take on Hoke, but just to twist it a bit how about this? Hoke was a soldier and was going with Fangio's plan as was PBuc playing that awful zone coverage. Remeber how happy Hoke and Buchanon were to work with another when he was acquired? Maybe Hoke thought there would be more man coverage and then Fangio went more towards zone. I have no idea, just throwing it out there.
Old 02-06-2006   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
I agree with your take on Hoke, but just to twist it a bit how about this? Hoke was a soldier and was going with Fangio's plan as was PBuc playing that awful zone coverage. Remeber how happy Hoke and Buchanon were to work with another when he was acquired? Maybe Hoke thought there would be more man coverage and then Fangio went more towards zone. I have no idea, just throwing it out there.

Well .... Being a contract year .... Buchannon has little choice but to show he can play a system and not just free-lance .... Or find a new line of work ....
Be it zone or man , with his speed and other physical tools he should have little trouble ... Its the mental side of the game that I just dont think he gets .
I really think he's a ME FIRST player in the ultimate TEAM sport .

(and his tackling has to be the worst of any corner in the NFL .... cant or wont I dont know which)

Old 02-06-2006   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
(and his tackling has to be the worst of any corner in the NFL .... cant or wont I dont know which)
That statement does not need parentheses, it needs to breathe and be heard. I am not a PBuch apologist, I do see value, but he needs to eat a few jalapenos to help grow some hair and take on those runners with a purpose.
Old 02-06-2006   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

My guess is that he'll play very well this year. He strikes me as the kind of guy who will play well in his contract year. While it appears to have been a bad trade, it's important to remember that it was a low risk gamble. We got a 1st round talent for two years- counting nothing against the cap. And, if he does have a good year and leaves via free agency, we will get a high compensatory pick for 2007.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This statement was very accurate until he was demoted. After that, while not great, he started tackling much better.
Old 02-06-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
This statement was very accurate until he was demoted. After that, while not great, he started tackling much better.
I pointed that out a while ago, and not a single person took notice of what I was saying.
Old 02-06-2006   #18
profan
Veteran

It's just hard to believe this is the same guy who played for Miami. He was an all american cornerback. Had 44 tackes his sophmore year and 23 his junior year of which 15 were solo. Had a qb sack and two tackes for lossed in the 2002 rose bowl to help miami to the national championship. Runs a 4.31 forty. I say keep him for cheap and try to get him playing like a first round pick.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #19
barzilla
Veteran

Okay, but what defense did they play at Miami U? Was it a defense that required discipline or did they just have superior athletes that used their individual talents?

For what it's worth, Hoke was on 610 this past week and he said the 4-3 would not affect the coverages that much. Of course, Fangio ran his defenses like a little girl so maybe some of the defenders took on his personality. It seems to me that it would be hard to be aggressive if you're always rushing four and sagging back.

I would give this guy another year, but draft another corner anyway. If PBuch has a great year he will be expensive in free agency anyway following the season, so either way you need depth.
barzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #20
profan
Veteran

In general those miami teams had superior athletes, that's why many of them are playing in the nfl. PB kind of reminds me of deon sanders. Good speed, punt returns, but no tackles in the nfl. Will be an interesting year.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read