Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2006   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Pro Bowl and Jerome Mathis

2006 NFL Pro Bowl Game at Aloha Stadium
Televised on ESPN at 6 p.m. ET

Also, Jerome Mathis has been slated to run in the fastest man competition against:
David Tyree
DeAngelo Hall
Bob Sanders
4 more others to follow.

Quote:
The Fastest Man: Competition will feature eight players with two preliminary heats of four runners per heat. The top two finishers from each heat will advance to the final round. The first runner in the final round to cross the finish line wins the competition. (Sponsored by Sprint)
http://www.nfl.com/probowl/skillschallenge
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #2
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"The first runner in the final round to cross the finish line wins the competition"
I've seen some redundant statements, but this one has gotta get some kind
of reward.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
"The first runner in the final round to cross the finish line wins the competition"
Good catch.

What file do I put this one in? Hmmm, ah yes, Dumbing Down of Society.
Old 02-06-2006   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know how fast Mathis is, does anyone know if Mathis is the favorite? I don't know too much about the others, of course i know they are all going to be burners. I can't remember who beat Andre last year, I remember AJ came in 2nd, whoever it was will be back to defend.
Old 02-06-2006   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
I can't remember who beat Andre last year, I remember AJ came in 2nd, whoever it was will be back to defend.
Allen Rossum--AJ was coming on fast at the end.
Old 02-06-2006   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
That's right, he pointed at the end to. Thanks
Old 02-06-2006   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Rossum ran a 4.32 at his combine, Mathis a 4.28.

Should be an interesting race between the two. Hopefully they don't put them in the same opening bracket.
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know how fast Mathis is, does anyone know if Mathis is the favorite? I don't know too much about the others, of course i know they are all going to be burners. I can't remember who beat Andre last year, I remember AJ came in 2nd, whoever it was will be back to defend.
They are only running 40 yards, so who gets the fastest start has an awful lot to do with it. If it was a 100, Mathis would eat them alive, he'd win 10 out
of 10 hundreds. I'd bet on it.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
I can't remember who beat Andre last year, I remember AJ came in 2nd, whoever it was will be back to defend.
If Andre finished second last year Mathis should have no problem winning.

Last edited by TexanFan881; 02-06-2006 at 06:54 PM.
TexanFan881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #10
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84

Should be an interesting race between the two. Hopefully they don't put them in the same opening bracket.
I don't think that would matter as long as they finished 1st and 2nd. If I remember correctly, they had 2 heats of 4 runners and the top 2 from each heat went to the finals. I could be wrong, though.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #11
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd
I don't think that would matter as long as they finished 1st and 2nd. If I remember correctly, they had 2 heats of 4 runners and the top 2 from each heat went to the finals. I could be wrong, though.
No, you are correct. Thanks for observing that.
Old 02-06-2006   #12
chuckm
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 chuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVPchuckm was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84

hopefully he doesn't rip a hamstring ..... (knocking wood)
Old 02-06-2006   #13
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckm
hopefully he doesn't rip a hamstring ..... (knocking wood)
That's the first thought that came to my mind...

Yeesh.
Old 02-06-2006   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant wait to watch Mathis again.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

Should be exciting to see him go up against the fastest in the league...Hopefully he wins it, it would be the 2nd bright spot for the Texans this yr...HIM making the pro-bowl, and HIM winning fastest man
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Should be exciting to see him go up against the fastest in the league...Hopefully he wins it, it would be the 2nd bright spot for the Texans this yr...HIM making the pro-bowl, and HIM winning fastest man
Don't short change us, that would make it three. You missed the coaching change.
Old 02-06-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Lol, and Drob laying the wood to Reggie Wayne...that was definately a bright spot
Old 02-06-2006   #18
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
They are only running 40 yards, so who gets the fastest start has an awful lot to do with it. If it was a 100, Mathis would eat them alive, he'd win 10 out
of 10 hundreds. I'd bet on it.

I could have sworne that they ran 100.

A.J. was an indoor track start at Miami. He is a beast. He is a gazelle. He is not human.

Mathis is still faster. Mathis was also a track start. He qualified for the US olympic team in the 200m. I'm just hoping his start is fast if they are only running 40.
Old 02-07-2006   #19
Dunta_23
All Pro

I was doing a few searches for Mathis' track career and this article came up....Pretty Interesting

http://www.olympic-usa.org/11611_32384.htm
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #20
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mathis Pro Bowl question

Are they going to do the "fastest man in the NFL challenge" again this year? I remember watching it when Andre went, but Mathis is freaky fast and I'd like to see how he would run against top NFL talent speed in the event. If anyone knows please post when it is going to be televised. Thanks in advance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read