Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-05-2006   #1
grandslam1
Veteran

Default a Possible trade with the Jets?

What do you think, if the Jets are willing to give their 1 round pick this year and next year, for our first this year? basically the same trade that happened between SD and NYG with Rivers and Manning
grandslam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #2
whiskeyrbl

Manning is starting, Rivers still riding the bench!
Old 02-05-2006   #3
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandslam1
What do you think, if the Jets are willing to give their 1 round pick this year and next year, for our first this year? basically the same trade that happened between SD and NYG with Rivers and Manning
New York also gave up a thrid and fourth rounder if im not mistaken, and I think that Bush is a hotter commodity than Manning at that time, so Im thinking there first, second and a first next year for our first.
Old 02-05-2006   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

Has anybody heard that teams ACTUALLY want to trade up or are we all going on pure speculation?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Has anybody heard that teams ACTUALLY want to trade up or are we all going on pure speculation?
For what it is worth none of the fans of these teams do

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=18245
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #6
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
For what it is worth none of the fans of these teams do

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=18245
A few fans have wanted to, many fans were interested in getting to #1 to have their choice of players but did not think it would be worth the cost of trading up, especially with the depth at RB (DeAngelo and LenDale available in addition to Bush) and QB (Leinart, Young, Cutler, Omar Jacobs) and that they could get a good enough guy without trading up.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #7
cadahnic
All Pro

I hope the Jets want to, eventhough it is looking less likely right now, but after the Combine there might be different talk, moreso after the UT and USC private workouts. I would even be willing to offer them a discount.
Jets Trade 06: 1st, 2nd and 07: 1st, 3rd + conditional 4th We send 1st and swap 5ths.

Mario Williams here we come, now all I need you to do is go run a mid 4.6 and do at least 25reps and you are the Texans #4 pick.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2006   #8
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Unless it is for a player and picks next year, I don't see them trading with us.
Old 02-06-2006   #9
Xman
Veteran

We only give a discount if we are scared of Bush for some reason.

Even then, I would ask for a little more. But, I don't think NYJ will be willing to pay the price (or NO/Tenn/SF/Buff).

Maybe we get the #4 overall this year and their #1 next year; But I would also their 2nd round picks (especially this year) in exchange for 3rd rounders from us. [I like this because I think we will still get first round talent at #33 and #37].
And, if we do deal to #4, do we deal down again? I know a lot of people like Ferguson or Mario at 4, but moving down again and adding another 2nd rounder (down to 8, 9 or 10) and moving down again to 12-14 and adding another 3rd (or preferably packaging a 3rd for another 2nd) would be a quick way to rebuild. Then, I would take Huff (adding a stud safety would really help the secondary especially if we also sign Woodson), VDavis (stud Te would reallllly help Carr) or whoever else drop thats a cb/ot/lb/de. In other words, we can get value wherever we end up.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #10
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman
We only give a discount if we are scared of Bush for some reason.

Even then, I would ask for a little more. But, I don't think NYJ will be willing to pay the price (or NO/Tenn/SF/Buff).

Maybe we get the #4 overall this year and their #1 next year; But I would also their 2nd round picks (especially this year) in exchange for 3rd rounders from us. [I like this because I think we will still get first round talent at #33 and #37].
And, if we do deal to #4, do we deal down again? I know a lot of people like Ferguson or Mario at 4, but moving down again and adding another 2nd rounder (down to 8, 9 or 10) and moving down again to 12-14 and adding another 3rd (or preferably packaging a 3rd for another 2nd) would be a quick way to rebuild. Then, I would take Huff (adding a stud safety would really help the secondary especially if we also sign Woodson), VDavis (stud Te would reallllly help Carr) or whoever else drop thats a cb/ot/lb/de. In other words, we can get value wherever we end up.
Sounds interesting, but I have a couple points on this argument. I doubt you'd find that many teams that are willing to trade up in a sequence like that. Also, hopefully we won't be having the #1 draft choice very often, so while we are at the top of the draft we should at least get one of the stud players up there (Bush, Leinart, Vince, D'Brick, and Mario could all be considered once-in-a-whatever-time-period stud player and all are considered to be at a position of need by some people, Mario and D'Brick being at positions that are unanimously considered a position of need for us, so I would at least want to get one of those five guys).
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read