Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2006   #1
DuntaRobinson23
Rookie

Default Jake Plummer coming to Houston?

I have heard some rumors that Jake Plummer wants to follow Kubiak to Houston, and that there can be a trade involving David Carr and Jake Plummer. A possible scenario is we trade and take Vince Young and learns from Jake or we take Reggie and use Jake for a play action type offense. Im sorry i dont have any links to this but what do you all think?
DuntaRobinson23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #2
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuntaRobinson23
I have heard some rumors that Jake Plummer wants to follow Kubiak to Houston, and that there can be a trade involving David Carr and Jake Plummer. A possible scenario is we trade and take Vince Young and learns from Jake or we take Reggie and use Jake for a play action type offense. Im sorry i dont have any links to this but what do you all think?

Old 02-05-2006   #3
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie

Quote:
Sounds good depending on what we are getting in return. Carr straight up for Plummer is a bit of a stretch considering he is younger.
Old 02-05-2006   #4
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Haven't we done this string before?

Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #5
bdiddy
Veteran

Default No Way

Quote:
Pure Speculation.

There is no way this is going to happen. I have heard from those close to the organization that Kubiak thinks that David Carr is much more talented than Jake Plummer. Kubiak is salivating over Carr, sorry VY fans.

Why would Denver trade away a guy who is going to the Pro Bowl and took them to the AFC Title Game for David Carr? If you listened to this message board David Carr is one of the worst QBs in the NFL. I personally disagree and think he can duplicate if not exceed Plummer's results if given time.
Old 02-05-2006   #6
Fighting Blue Hen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Kubiak is salivating over Carr, sorry VY fans.
Why are you sorry for VY fans? You should feel sorry for Texans fans.
Old 02-05-2006   #7
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Blue Hen
Why?
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2006   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now THAT's a man-crush if I ever saw one
Old 02-05-2006   #9
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Now THAT's a man-crush if I ever saw one
hahaha...nice
Old 02-05-2006   #10
whiskeyrbl

In the Zest section of the chronicle today i think this guy figured out all our problems.Bare with me while i try not to laugh ,he says "we need to draft VY and groom him and when he is ready move Carr to WR!!!!! thought y'all would enjoy a good laugh.
Old 02-05-2006   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not see the reason for this. Plumber is a solid QB, but Carr is a very similar type. In essence we would trade a younger Carr for an older Plumber. I really dont see the purpose of this trade. If we were to draft Vince Young I say you keep Carr this season. You draft a TE and some protection for him in rounds 2 nd three. Then you go out of your way to showcase him next year. That way if you want to trade him you can get some solid value back. If you try trading him now, you wont get too much.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #12
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
In the Zest section of the chronicle today i think this guy figured out all our problems.Bare with me while i try not to laugh ,he says "we need to draft VY and groom him and when he is ready move Carr to WR!!!!! thought y'all would enjoy a good laugh.
OK...I think what he meant to say was we should move VY to WR...because that's the only thing that makes sense. You know what, that same person who wrote that is probably a member of this MB. Now that would be funny.
Old 02-05-2006   #13
TEXANFAN23435
Veteran

Hey 23, when you make a post like that and you want us to take it seriously, you have to pass the doober around, not keep it all for yourself. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.
TEXANFAN23435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #14
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANFAN23435
Hey 23, when you make a post like that and you want us to take it seriously, you have to pass the doober around, not keep it all for yourself. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

anyone got any chips?
titan hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #15
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
anyone got any chips?
No, but you can get two taco's for $.99 at Jack in the Box. I was thinking about getting 30 myself.
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Blue Hen
Not Texans, Texas. VY is going to sit and learn for a year, at least, much like should have been done with Carr. We are not going to win now with VY... he could be great in a few years, or he could be a bust.
Old 02-06-2006   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst
I do not see the reason for this. Plumber is a solid QB, but Carr is a very similar type. In essence we would trade a younger Carr for an older Plumber. I really dont see the purpose of this trade. If we were to draft Vince Young I say you keep Carr this season. You draft a TE and some protection for him in rounds 2 nd three. Then you go out of your way to showcase him next year. That way if you want to trade him you can get some solid value back. If you try trading him now, you wont get too much.
Where is this Carr is like Plummer BS coming from? They are both mobile and have strong arms, but thats where the comparisons end. How many times in his career has Carr thrown 20 picks? Never. How many times has Jake? More time then I can count on one hand, including a season of 26 with about 8 TD's! PLummer, until this season, was a risk-taker, forced the ball and was high risk/high reward. DC throws very few interceptions and the last two seasson, while not throwing many TD's, has thrown fewer Int's then TD's. Considering we are 2-14, thats not bad.
Old 02-06-2006   #18
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

I agree Plummer is terrible!
Jake "mistake" Plummer

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #19
Wordem
Veteran

Quote:
Posturing for a trade. VY will be a Texan.
Wordem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #20
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Try again. VY will only be a Texan if Bush injures himself severely at the combine and/or every other team in the league is unwilling to offer a worthy package to trade down...

VY to the Titans!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read