Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2006   #1
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Know your Head Coach

Kind of a cheesy personal interest Q&A with Kubiak and Scary Dale, but, I learned a few things about Gary that I didn't know before - he likes to fish and drink beer. I guess he can't be all bad...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/3635701.html
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Kind of a cheesy personal interest Q&A with Kubiak and Scary Dale, but, I learned a few things about Gary that I didn't know before - he likes to fish and drink beer. I guess he can't be all bad...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/3635701.html
Sounds like my type of guy. Must have had to many Bud Lights when he hired some of the assistants.

Was out with Steve McMichael's sister last night, big football fan she was as you could imagine. For what it is worth she had some nice things to say about Troy Calhoun.
Old 02-05-2006   #3
bdiddy
Veteran

I saw him at church with 2 of his boys. He is bigger than I imagined. This is an interesting article, we now know more about Kubiak personally in a week and a half on the job than we knew about Capers over 4 years.
Old 02-05-2006   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Was out with Steve McMichael's sister last night,
Does your wife know about this?

Refresh my memory on the McMichael - Calhoun connection... I know I must be missing something real obvious.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds like my type of guy. Must have had to many Bud Lights when he hired some of the assistants.
I hope he has better taste in players, coaches and plays than in beer
Old 02-05-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

What I really liked about the article is that it is not about football so much, which makes it kind of refreshing. I'm impressed with Dale Robertson to not hound Kubiak about the whole issue that is currently suffocating this message board. It's nice to get an introspective into Kubiak beyond who he is as a football HC.
Old 02-05-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Does your wife know about this?

Refresh my memory on the McMichael - Calhoun connection... I know I must be missing something real obvious.
Yeah she was there as well.

You know I did not even bother to ask the connection as she brought up Calhoun's name. As I look at Calhoun's bio I do not see a connection on paper so who knows.
Old 02-05-2006   #8
Erratic Assassin
All Pro

Rep Power: 13 Erratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVPErratic Assassin was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I learned a few things about Gary that I didn't know before - he likes to fish and drink beer.
And this is news to you? He is an Aggie.
Erratic Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic Assassin
And this is news to you? He is an Aggie.
So you have to be an Aggie to like to fish and drink beer? Wow! I've been an Aggie all this time, and never knew it. Kubiak's my man!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #10
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
I saw him at church with 2 of his boys. He is bigger than I imagined. This is an interesting article, we now know more about Kubiak personally in a week and a half on the job than we knew about Capers over 4 years.
We know he likes to hire inexperienced coaches.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 57809 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
I hope he has better taste in players, coaches and plays than in beer
HEY!!!!!!
TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #12
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

I'm ok with Gary Kubiak,fishing, doing things he likes
as long as he doesnt drink to much on gameday im fine

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr2Johnson
I'm ok with Gary Kubiak,fishing, doing things he likes
as long as he doesnt drink to much on gameday im fine
Well he has a drinking buddy in Lil Shanny.
Old 02-06-2006   #14
Jack Bauer
All Pro

Quote:
Was out with Steve McMichael's sister last night, big football fan she was as you could imagine. For what it is worth she had some nice things to say about Troy Calhoun.
And I thought McClain was a name-dropper...Last night I was out with Oliver Luck's sister's best friend's brother's cousin's girlfriend and she said that Calhoun was da bomb!

Back to ig.....
Old 02-06-2006   #15
bigtex77
Veteran

Quote:
Well he has a drinking buddy in Lil Shanny.

Hold on, we don't want our brand new head coach cited for contributing to minors.
Old 02-06-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Me thinks he has a "budding" commercial relationship with Bud Light.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #17
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
So you have to be an Aggie to like to fish and drink beer? Wow! I've been an Aggie all this time, and never knew it. Kubiak's my man!
No. I think he was saying that he is an Aggie THEREFORE he likes to fish and drink beer.

Doesn't necessarily work in reverse. :o)
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #18
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good article, I really enjoyed reading that.
Old 02-06-2006   #19
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bauer
And I thought McClain was a name-dropper...Last night I was out with Oliver Luck's sister's best friend's brother's cousin's girlfriend and she said that Calhoun was da bomb!

Back to ig.....
I was out with Cindy Crawford in my dreams and she said I was da bomb. I sure enjoy my dreams. No, I know there is no connection to football, but still it was a good dream.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006   #20
Sportsfan
All Pro

Good info there. Sounds like my kinda guy.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read