Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2006   #1
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover
Default "I want 'Texans' on my chest" ~ Vince Young

Does Reggie Bush want to be a part of the Texans franchise this badly?
____

"I'm praying about it," he said. "I have no idea what's going to happen, but that's what I'm hoping for. I want 'Texans' on my chest. I want to be No. 10. I want to wear the blue and red. I love Houston. That would be so nice. If it doesn't happen, I'm still going to love Houston."

No place like home

He would love to play for the Texans. He danced around the topic when he first declared himself for the NFL draft. Now he's upfront about wanting to play for his hometown team. Badly.

"I'm praying about it," he said. "I have no idea what's going to happen, but that's what I'm hoping for. I want 'Texans' on my chest. I want to be No. 10. I want to wear the blue and red. I love Houston. That would be so nice. If it doesn't happen, I'm still going to love Houston."

It's almost incomprehensible the Texans would pass up someone so good. He has more playmaking ability, more leadership skills and more of a history of winning than anyone they've had. He'd give the franchise a buzz it has never had.

full article
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #2
texplayer2
Veteran

He might get his wish, if he goes to the Titans and we play him twice a year. I am sure a LB or two would Autograph it there for him at no charge.
texplayer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think it's awesome, for someone with so much talent, to want to play for Houston.... whatever the reason.
Old 02-04-2006   #4
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

I truly believe it's a win/ win with Reggie or Vince, but VY's desire to play for his hometown is really special. Kubiak and his guys will make the right decision for the Texans, but if they do go with Bush it will be tough to watch Vince play for the Titans.

At any rate this whole 06 draft business is really getting the excitement factor way up for the Texans and that is great for the organization.
Old 02-04-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a nice sentiment, but I wouldn't get your hopes up about it. Nobody really knows what the FO is thinking, but all indications are that we'll keep Carr and go another route.

It'll probably be a decision that we'll someday regret...but hey, that's life.
Old 02-04-2006   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

fine we'll send a survey out to all the draftee's and we'll draft all the 1s that want to play for houston. ok?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Hate to get out the gas can, but this whole business of the CBA has had me thinking that the business model totally changes with the prospect of an uncapped year in 2007. Wins will bring fan's wallets no matter whose name is on the back of the jersey, but if spending on top talent has no ceiling in 2007 you must get a return on investment in all lines of business for that one player.

It comes down to Carr's contract, and therefore I think VY is not out of the picture yet. But I am still a trade down guy.
Old 02-04-2006   #8
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator
Uhh, no. He just wants the #1 overall status & $$$ that goes with it. Bush stated during Heisman week that he wouldn't mind playing in NY. If the Texans were picking 10th, Vince would still rather play here IMO. That is special. I wonder how many other players are "praying to God" to be in Houston? Not many.
Old 02-04-2006   #9
Tale Gator
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5
fine we'll send a survey out to all the draftee's and we'll draft all the 1s that want to play for houston. ok?
That's not my point ~ it wasn't my intention to start a negative thread about who wants to play for the Texans the most. I apologize for not making that clear.

I should have just said something like ~ ďArenít you guys impressed by how much Vince wants to be a part of the Texans?Ē

I hope this post clears things up.
Old 02-04-2006   #10
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

a truly frustrating situation :brickwall

wow,if we pass this kid up it will be a decision we will never forget.
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Gator

It's almost incomprehensible the Texans would pass up someone so good. He has more playmaking ability, more leadership skills and more of a history of winning than anyone they've had. He'd give the franchise a buzz it has never had.

full article
If he ends up playing for the Titans, I can see a good rush resulting in Texans all over him
Old 02-04-2006   #12
LoneStarState
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travfrancis
wow,if we pass this kid up it will be a decision we will never forget.
That's a little dramatic, don't you think? He's a good 3 years from being a starting pro qb. By then Reggie will have lead us to the playoffs at least once.
Old 02-04-2006   #13
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Quote:
That's a little dramatic, don't you think? He's a good 3 years from being a starting pro qb. By then Reggie will have lead us to the playoffs at least once.
That kind of thinking has quickly become my #1 pet peeve.

When I hear the reasons for drafting Bush and passing on Vince Young I usually hear the terms "quick-fix" or "viable playoff team" screw a quick-fix or being a "viable" playoff team, thats the philosophy of a loser. I'll wait a year or 2 longer (not that, that is even the case) if it means that we could be a SUPER BOWL contender.

Carr is going to be good under Kubiak's tutledge, i don't think that there is any doubt about that, he is capable of putting up the type of numbers that Plummer did this year. But the bottom-line is that you don't win super bowls with good qbs who aren't playmakers/difference makers unless you have a super badass defense. The Broncos have a pretty damn good defense and couldn't get it done with a pro-bowl (good, but not a difference maker) Jake Plummer in the same scheme as us. There is no reason to think the Texans' defense will be special, on par with Denver's or better, any time in the future (it's not like we just hired some known badass defensive coordinator).

So go for the gold, draft Vince Young. Lets shoot for the super bowl and doing something special, not just to make the playoffs and be one and done every year
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

And you GUYS think women are sentimental!! J/K!!

I believe it is a very admirable trait that Vince wants to play for his home team, who wouldn't?? Think he might be interested in becoming a RB?? Unfortunatly, wishes don't always come true, and prayers are not always answered the way we want them. We just have to believe that the POWERS THAT BE, whether that is GOD above, or the Texans FO, will send the right man to HOUSTON come April.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #15
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Maybe we should draft the entire U of H team. I'm sure they would all love to play for the Texans.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #16
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarState
And to add to travfrancis' great post, look at the Edge situation. He has been in the league 7 years and will be 27 at the start of next season and now teams are shying away from him because backs dont have that long of shelf-life. Bush already has the durability question and if he never answers it, are we renting him for 7 years??? And to get more theoritical, lets say we make improvement the next 2 years but are still sub-.500, are we going to have Bush for a 5 year period when this team can finally make some noise in the playoff picture and then let him go like Edge???

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #17
Tale Gator
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
There are no limits for men when it comes to football loyalty.

Quote:
We just have to believe that the POWERS THAT BE, whether that is GOD above, or the Texans FO, will send the right man to HOUSTON come April.
Bush, Young, or trade down ~ Kubiak & company will make the right choice.
Old 02-04-2006   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I believe it is a very admirable trait that Vince wants to play for his home team, who wouldn't?? Think he might be interested in becoming a RB?? Unfortunatly, wishes don't always come true, and prayers are not always answered the way we want them. We just have to believe that the POWERS THAT BE, whether that is GOD above, or the Texans FO, will send the right man to HOUSTON come April.
Can God play RB?
Old 02-04-2006   #19
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

The only reason VY wants to play in Houston is because with that #1 pick comes a minimum $45million contract. Same reason Leinart and Bush want to be #1. Is Houston his hometown, yeah, but that doesn't mean he's more interested in the $$ than he is the "playin' for the hometown feeling". The question you got to ask yourself is this:

Would VY say no to the NFL if the Texans do not draft him?

NO!!!!

It's about the $$$, and has been for a while.
Old 02-04-2006   #20
bayshorebevo
Veteran

how can you be so certain we will make the right choice? what's up with that?
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read