Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-04-2006   #1
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler
Default Rank the TOP 4 QB's in this years draft

From this draft who do you think are going the be the best NFL QB's.

This is my personal ranking:

1. Cutler - He has by far the best arm, the quickest release, good vision and did a great job while being on a Teir 2 team against stiff competition. When facing tough competiton in the senior bowl he clearly stood head and shoulders above the rest. I see him being in the peyton manning mold of players.

2. Leinart - Obviously he had the best college career of any QB entering the draft. Proven leader and is very clutch, extremely accurate passer. There are questions about his arm strength.

3. Young - Certainly the most exciting player, he is an amazing runner no doubt about it and a pretty good passer. Given the type of offense Texas ran and how he was used in the offense, he is the biggest risk of the QBs but might have the biggest upside. (I have him and Leinart rated very close, but Leinart proved more in college and has less question marks.)

4. Croyle - Rated high by many draft experts but in my mind he still has way too much to prove. Would be a decent 2nd round pick.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC_Justin
From this draft who do you think are going the be the best NFL QB's.

This is my personal ranking:

1. Cutler - He has by far the best arm, the quickest release, good vision and did a great job while being on a Teir 2 team against stiff competition. When facing tough competiton in the senior bowl he clearly stood head and shoulders above the rest. I see him being in the peyton manning mold of players.

2. Leinart - Obviously he had the best college career of any QB entering the draft. Proven leader and is very clutch, extremely accurate passer. There are questions about his arm strength.

3. Young - Certainly the most exciting player, he is an amazing runner no doubt about it and a pretty good passer. Given the type of offense Texas ran and how he was used in the offense, he is the biggest risk of the QBs but might have the biggest upside. (I have him and Leinart rated very close, but Leinart proved more in college and has less question marks.)

4. Croyle - Rated high by many draft experts but in my mind he still has way too much to prove. Would be a decent 2nd round pick.
Prepare to be flamed by the Young lovers for this post...
Old 02-04-2006   #3
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to see Young not rated #1 and someone else who likes Croyle. I think cutler is overrated.

My list:

1. Leinart
2. Omar Jacobs
3. Cutler
4. Young
5. Croyle
6. Grabadorskie (sp) qb from Toledo
7. Drew Olson
8. Charlie Whiteherst
9. Guy from Miami OH

My list is not based on Athletes/Players. I ranked them as QB'S
Old 02-04-2006   #4
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

1.Leinart
2.Young
3.Croyle
4.Omar Jacobs
5.Cutler
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #5
Texans>Colts
Veteran

Cutler
Leinart
Young
Jacobs

I think most people would think Cutler is the best if he had any talent around him.
Old 02-04-2006   #6
Tale Gator
________

Rep Power: 15 Tale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden coverTale Gator could be on the next Madden cover

What effect (if any) does leinart's knee issue (surgery/ the big brace) have on his draft status? Is that brace purely precautionary or is he needing that thing to play?
Tale Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans>Colts
Cutler
Leinart
Young
Jacobs

I think most people would think Cutler is the best if he had any talent around him.
Cutler got by on physical talent and luck. He is a great prospect, like Farve. He is a gunslinger, and has little fear or notion that one of his passes could be picked off.

Jacobs appears to be the "dark horse" of the QB class.
Old 02-04-2006   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

1 leinart
2 cutler
3 Croyle
4 whitehurst
5 omar jacobs

only messing- it would be nice to anger a few VY lovers but seriously i would rank young 2/3rd
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #9
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

Young
Leinart
Jacobs
Cutler
Croyle
Old 02-04-2006   #10
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cytler
Jacobs
Leinart
Young
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #11
Sutton=08Heisman
Veteran

Leinart
Young
Cutler
Jacobs
Old 02-04-2006   #12
thefuture17
Rookie

cutler
leinarte
young
jacobs
Old 02-04-2006   #13
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Young
Cutler
Leinart
Jacobs
Old 02-04-2006   #14
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

I agree with most of ur points made, but ur forgetting that Omar Jacobs through for 41 TDs and only 4ints as a soph. Plus he runs a 4.55, and hes 6'4 with perfect accuracy, but besides my point, who do u think will get omar jacobs, do the texans have a chance.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #15
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Running QBs:
(1) Young
(2) Jacobs
(3) Cutler
(4) Croyle
Passing QBs:
(1) Cutler
(2) Leinart
(3) Jacobs
(4) Croyle
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #16
Dunta_23
All Pro

Lienart
Young
Culter
Jacobs
Croyle
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #17
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Nunusguy just said that omar is the 2nd best runnin QB and the 3rd best Passing QB , which still averages out of him being the best QB in the draft and if the Lions were smart they would pick him up instead of letting Arizona get him and waste more time on Joey Harrington.
Old 02-04-2006   #18
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Does anyone think that if Omar does good in the combine that he can get taken in the first round. By what i have heard from some draft experts, Jacobs will be a better NFL Prospect then Leinart does anyone agree on this?
Old 02-04-2006   #19
HOOK'EM
Veteran

1.) Leinart

2.) Cutler

3.) Vick

4.) McNeil

5.) Young
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #20
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM
1.) Leinart

2.) Cutler

3.) Vick

4.) McNeil

5.) Young
wow
  1. leinart
  2. young
  3. cutler
  4. croyle

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read