Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2006   #1
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Unhappy What's worse than V. Young playing for the Tennessee Titans???

What's worse than Vince Young playing for the Tennessee Titans?

Try this on for size:

I have a friend who is in an 'intern' with the Dallas Cowboys. The whispers around Dallas indicate that Jerry Jones is trying to work a trade in order for the Dallas Cowboys to acquire the second pick in the NFL Draft from the New Orleans Saints. This has apparently leaked to the local Dallas media, and has been reported on the local Dallas news/sports TV and Radio shows.

On top of that, I also heard them talking about it on Sports Radio 610 today.

So, if you think that Vince Young playing for the Tennessee Titans would be bad, how about Vince Young playing for the Dallas Cowboys?

This sounds exactly like the kind of thing that the Dallas Cowboys would make a strong push for...
And sadly, the Texans will probably lose a lot of fans if this happens
BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #2
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

We might lose alot of fans when it happens, but they'll come crawling back when we start winning and Dallas still doesn't have a solid quarterback.
Old 02-03-2006   #3
Mathis13
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48
We might lose alot of fans when it happens, but they'll come crawling back when we start winning and Dallas still doesn't have a solid quarterback.
Agreed
Mathis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #4
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

IF this happens it would be a MAJOR Coup for the Cowboys. I stopped being a semi Cowboy fan when Jimmy left, but wouldn't be able to help rooting for VY in almost ANY uniform. I am not surprised the NO is looking to trade down with the financial mess they are. They probably can't afford Leinart & Steinberg $$$. I hope the Texans take Vince, but If he goes to the Cowboys, it will be interesting. They have a good D, decent Oline (when healthy), good QB to mentor, depth at RB, good TE's, and good WR's. They will be a factor next year anyways. Houston probably is 2-3 years away.
Old 02-03-2006   #5
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

wow :brickwall
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #6
LBC_Justin
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 LBC_Justin is a Pro BowlerLBC_Justin is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long-Spurs-Texan
IF this happens it would be a MAJOR Coup for the Cowboys. I stopped being a semi Cowboy fan when Jimmy left, but wouldn't be able to help rooting for VY in almost ANY uniform. I am not surprised the NO is looking to trade down with the financial mess they are. They probably can't afford Leinart & Steinberg $$$. I hope the Texans take Vince, but If he goes to the Cowboys, it will be interesting. They have a good D, decent Oline (when healthy), good QB to mentor, depth at RB, good TE's, and good WR's. They will be a factor next year anyways. Houston probably is 2-3 years away.
Plus Drew Bledsoe would be an AWESOME mentor for Vince Young, since their styles are so similar.
LBC_Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #7
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

As much as I'd like to giv eCarr the benefit of the doubt and get another chance under what we all hope are better conditions, for Vince Young to become a Dallas Cowboy.... :brickwall I'd say bring him here. lol

But like someone said, if and when we are winning will we really care what team he is playing for? Maybe he's winning w/ us. Maybe we're playing against his team and winning that game.

And if Jerry Jones does happen to do succeed at getting that #2 pick from the Saints, damn him to hell - Benson can join him, too.
Old 02-03-2006   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Who cares if Vince goes to the cowboys. I'd rather him go out of conference than to a divisional rival anyday. If he goes to the Cowboys I'd be happy, I'd be able to root for his success without having to worry about playoff implications with my texans.

I'd be happy

As much as anyone tries to make it, the Texans and Cowboys aren't rivals. I lived in dallas for a year and they laughed at the notion that the Texans and Cowboys are rivals. We play twice a decade, yes we get up for that game and its fun, but thats all it is, a game every four years

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-03-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I still like the Cowboys. I root for the Cowboys in any game, except when they play the Texans (which sadly, happens only once every 4 years). I would rather have VY go to the Cowboys than the Titans. For one, if VY does become a good QB, then we would only face the Cowboys in the Super Bowl if it's not the 4th year when we play them. Secondly, I'd love for them to get VY because I'm just a Cowboy fan in general and I believe they can use him more than the Texans can (I'm a Carr supporter).
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #10
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt this could happen, the Cowboys would have to give up too much to move that far up the draft. It would be the Herschel Walker trade all over, but with the Cowboys on the losing end.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

The Cowboys have got plenty.....they can throw Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber, & or one of their tightends(not witten).....

I just think it's funny how their RB situation is the same as ours, but they'll trade up for a QB, like VY....... I mean with Parcells, and Jerry Jones, and their knack for scouting Talent, you'd think they would see the once in a lifetime special player Reggie Bush is........ especially since they are in that push for the SB mode......
Old 02-03-2006   #12
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
The Cowboys have got plenty.....they can throw Tyson Thompson, Marion Barber, & or one of their tightends(not witten).....

I just think it's funny how their RB situation is the same as ours, but they'll trade up for a QB, like VY....... I mean with Parcells, and Jerry Jones, and their knack for scouting Talent, you'd think they would see the once in a lifetime special player Reggie Bush is........ especially since they are in that push for the SB mode......
Push for the SB mode? The Cowboys have played in as many playoff games as the Texans have the last two seasons. None.
Old 02-03-2006   #13
swisher
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
And what? How many draft picks? The Saints are not just giving the pick away and there are alot more teams that have more to offer than the Cowboys. It's not going to happen.
Old 02-04-2006   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

The Cowgirls need to fix thier O-line before anything else. Yes they had injuries, but they are the oldest O in the league. Keyshawn, Terry Glen, Flozale Adams, Larry Allen, Marco Rivera, Drew Bledsloe, all of these guys are on the edge of their careers. Giving up picks in this draft would not be a good idea for the 'boys, esspecially since by the time VY would be ready it would already be too late for most of these guys.
Old 02-04-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
Push for the SB mode? The Cowboys have played in as many playoff games as the Texans have the last two seasons. None.
eeeehhh... yeah....... But they feel they've got just as good a chance to go from zero to SB........ JJ's been saying that, since he's hired BP. Make no mistake, the 'boys think they'll be in the superbowl in 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run
The Cowgirls need to fix thier O-line before anything else. Yes they had injuries, but they are the oldest O in the league. Keyshawn, Terry Glen, Flozale Adams, Larry Allen, Marco Rivera, Drew Bledsloe, all of these guys are on the edge of their careers. Giving up picks in this draft would not be a good idea for the 'boys, esspecially since by the time VY would be ready it would already be too late for most of these guys.
They'll be working on two different fronts. the men you mentioned are going to lead them to the SB in 2006, and they are going to ride them as long as they can. When that's done, Flozelle, Vince, JJ, Petiti, Jacobs, Newman, Henry, Ware, Spears, & Canty are going to take over. They'll also be looking at bringing T.O. to Dallas, to help them make the trip to Miami next February...
Old 02-04-2006   #16
Tha_Tinman
Veteran

Default Yeah right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48

Who needs Vince Young ...I mean ...he's good but he's no Reggie McNeal! Right?
Tha_Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

PLEASE GO TO DALLAS!!! PLEASE!!! I have love for the Cowboys...I hate those damn Titans though. Please do it Cowboys...I support the Cowboys, unlike most.
Old 02-04-2006   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
PLEASE GO TO DALLAS!!! PLEASE!!! I have love for the Cowboys...I hate those damn Titans though. Please do it Cowboys...I support the Cowboys, unlike most.
So that would make you 1/3-Buc,1/3-Texan,1/3-Cowboy

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #19
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

That would be awsome i would love to see VY in a cowbuy uniform he would take them to many years of glory thats for sure.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006   #20
BattleRedTexan
Rookie

Default Vince Young a Dallas Cowboy

Well, according to Sports Radio 610, the New Orleans Saints aren't willing to pay the kind of money $$$ that it will take to get a Young or a Leinert.

Therefore, they are looking to trade the pick. We all realize how valuable the #1 pick is, and how Vince Young declaring made the #1 pick even more valuable. But, that also made the #2 pick WAY more valuable, because the #2 pick now ends up being the #1b pick. Vince Young and Reggie Bush are both #1 pick caliber players, so basically New Orleans also has a #1 draft pick.

New Orleans is looking to trade down and get something for their pick, and apparently the Dallas Cowboys are one of the interested parties.

Vince Young playing for the Dallas Cowboys. AAAGGGGHHHH!
BattleRedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read